• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier would this character's durability be?

Crazylatin77

VS Battles
Content Moderator
What's the tier for surviving an atmospheric reentry? Not actually falling all the way to the Earth, just the reentry.

This depends on a lot of things. I am assuming that you mean the Earth's atmosphere, but I'd also need to know the weight and velocity of the character to make a educated guess at that.

Around 70 kilograms, I guess. Took him 3 minutes to reach a point near the surface. He did get past the clouds, but didn't fall all the way through

I think the principal effect of reentry (not including impact) is the increase of temperature, so someone should be at least capable to support that, but not sure how hot it will turn the falling object.

Welp, just falling do not qualify as a durability feat if it do not impact against an inamovible object nor the character cathc fire.

Well it is possible to calculate the heat but there are 2 problems here:

1. He was in a space suit if im not mistaken which does help to an unknown degree since we have no info on the suit.

2. He didn't catch fire or show any signs of heating which completely nulls the "calc" part because:

A) If there were no signs of heating there is nothing to say the space suit didn't just tank all of the minor heating.

B) The author may have just disregarded the heating process completely.

What about Rex Fury? He's knocked out of orbit alongside Chase (the astronaut guy) and falls all the way back to Earth. He shows up later in the same video with a toilet bowl on his head.

He crashed to Earth and tanked the landing?

If it can be believed and it's not just "well he might have tanked it, but it's unknown where exactly he fell onto" it can be calculated.

Well then a simplified calc would be.

Vp= g*t = 10m/s/s * 200 s (imma assume it took him 200 seconds since it was a bit more than 3 minutes for someone who dropped from the same altitude to arrive a bit below cloud level) = 2000m/s

Ke= m*v*v/2 = 70kg * 2000m/s * 2000m/s /2= 140'000'000 Joules = 1.4 * 10(to the 8th) which is 9-A AP which by default gives 9-A durability.

And even if i were to calculate the Potential Energy (which would negate air friction) it would still be:

Ep= mgh= 70kg*10N/k*480'000m = 336'000'000 Joules = 3.36 * 10 (to the 8th) which is still in the 9-A range.

I may have fuked up somewhere though.

Back