• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier would freezing a street to absolute zero be?

A 100 meters long street, including small buildings(about two stories tall) that cover the whole lenght of the street.

I mean, the feat involves removing energy/heat from the entire street until it reaches "absolute zero", couldn't it be calculated?

I mean, the feat involves removing energy/heat from the entire street until it reaches "absolute zero", couldn't it be calculated?
No. Read up on Absolute Zero, or just trust me. Reaching absolute zero cannot be done via thermodynamics, aka "cooling". In fact, matter begins to exhibit strange properties near that point, including but not limited to: Bose-Einstein Condensate, and Superfluidity. In short, to bring something to absolute zero, you have to violate at least a dozen quantum laws, and as such, it can only be explained as hax.

I waa going to mention kiryu's absolute zero cannon but it is explicitly stated to sub atomize stuff and doesn't seem to be 100% AZ

No. Read up on Absolute Zero, or just trust me. Reaching absolute zero cannot be done via thermodynamics, aka "cooling". In fact, matter begins to exhibit strange properties near that point, including but not limited to: Bose-Einstein Condensate, and Superfluidity. In short, to bring something to absolute zero, you have to violate at least a dozen quantum laws, and as such, it can only be explained as hax.
I know it can't be done, i was thinking of just using the -273º value. Similar to how we do with FTL feats, you can't go faster in real life, but it can still be calculated matematically.

Oh given how this thread is about AP, i thought you mean't calculating objects being thrown at ftl speeds.

Let me clarify then.

Is it possible to calculate the energy necessary to cool down an entire street, 100 meters in lenght including it's buildings, to -273°C, without taking into consideration the implications/impossibility of reaching absolute zero, just the numerical value?

I'm talking about calculating FTL speed feats. Unless every character in the wiki changed to relativistic+ and i didn't notice, in that case, my bad.
When we calculate a feat as FTL we're just using the D/T equation. For the same reason we don't give AP to absolute zero, we don't give every character who reaches light speed infinite energy.

Let me clarify then.

Is it possible to calculate the energy necessary to cool down an entire street, 100 meters in lenght including it's buildings, to -273°C, without taking into consideration the implications/impossibility of reaching absolute zero, just the numerical value?
Yes. If you have the total mass frozen and its average specific heat capacity you could plug it into q=mcΔT

However it would not be accepted on this wiki.

Back