• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What rank is this character?

To make this assumption the easiest to understand, let's use Saitama.

Now we don't know about his maximum capacity but just assume that he has full score on Lifting Strength, Striking Strength, Speed and Durability in our measurement system. Now the reason i use him is because he is an ordinary human being without any special ability except being so strong that the final bosses would want to teleport to a different game than fighting him.

Ok now we got an normal 3D human being with full stats in muscle. The question is how far will this strength lead him in the tier ranking and attack potency? What kind of enemy he can win against. Is there possible for a lower tier character to defeat him and how?

I want to explore this question because i never know what will happen exactly when infinite strength is used in our universe or fictional universe, usually when thing go higher tier, we just switch to energy attack, reality warping or some kind of manipulation and hax. Now i know that Toguro junior used a flick of his finger as if it was bullet fired from a gun. Now what would be when infinite power was in practice? Atoms being turned into basic particles? Gamma and X-ray burst at extreme volume? Immense energy put into the surrounding atoms heat up everything to Absolute Heat? Atoms fly at infinite speed and turn into Tachyons? Violation of physics laws that dimensions rupture and break down? Universe destruction?

What kind of enemy he can win against.

Those he can blitz and don't have the regen to survive it.

Is there possible for a lower tier character to defeat him and how?

Another character with comparable speeds and at least one of the many abilities that ignore physical strength: Mind/Soul Manipulation, Reality Warping, Transmutation, Life & Death Manipulation, Age Manipulation, any kind of Durability Negation.

There are Tier 10 characters that would easily defeat current Saitama if speed equalized. Cranking his physical power up to "really infinite" doesn't change that.

Since that it's impossible in RL, no one can tell. In fiction, anything the author wants to happen will happen. If they want to say the character's infinite speed allows him to surpass time, allowing him to time stop and time travel at will; that's what will happen. If the author says the character's infinite strength allows them to create local space-time rifts whenever they punch that erase the enemy from existence, that's what happens.

facepalm:
I want to explore the topic that is why i put this in "general discussion" and not in "question and answer".

It is obvious that infinite strength has never been displayed in real life. However, from 0 to infinite is a long way. I want to see how the world being affected at each level of strength based on the current laws of physics. We can see what characters using only their strength capable of feats that never discussed before.

Infinite strenght, let's say makes you capable of punching infinitely fast. However let's skip infinite for now and say you could punch at the speed of light. (Please note that nothing of this can be applied to fiction as fiction generally tends to ignore the laws of physics)

According to Einstein's Theory light speed can never be reached, however the energy you put into accelerating cannot be lost according to Newton's and many other theories. So where does it go. Let's look at kinetic energy E = 0,5 ┬À m ┬À v┬▓. So speed doesn't increase proportionally to the energy put into accelerating. The only variable left is mass. So the more speed your fist gains the more weight it will gain. Thus any object with mass moving at the speed of light has infinite mass. Hitting anything with your fist at lightspeed will already do two things. Release an impulse with infinite energy, this shockwave, by the virtue of having infinite energy will be enough to destroy all matter in the universe (not only the observable part, everyting). So that's already High 3-A.

The next thing is, since your fist has now infinite mass it will get infinitely strong gravity concentrated in just your fist. This will make it become the center of a black hole, but contrary to a regular black hole, which has a singularity of finite mass and infinite density the fist in question has infinite mass and infinite density (infinite density since it has infinite mass in a finite volume). The result will be a black hole of infinite size swallowing the entire universe.

A regular black hole already presents a severe distortion in spacetime. Our black hole however is an infinitely severe distortion in space time affecting the whole universe. An infinitely severe distortion will very likely distroy spacetime itself. Here we are at Low 2-C, from a simple punch at lightspeed.

What goes beyond this is left to speculation as there aren't even any accepted scientific theories that I would know of. Anyways a punch at infinite speed under real physics would cause something absolutely unthinkable. It might break higher dimensions by affecting M-theories 11D supergravity (which would make it high 1-C), who knows. There are also some theories (no idea if those are scientifically accepted) stating that regular black holes already interact with higher dimensions, since the bent space-time it creates needs to bend somewhere. Considering this even the light speed punch under actual physics could also end up as a low 1-C feat.

Back