• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Kind of Show Do You Prefer?

What that mean? 🙈
Serialized stories are basically story arcs that stretch across multiple seasons and episodes. They usually involve stuff like character development, 'darker' elements, character motivations, and more complex plots in general.

Episodic stories are full of self-contained, stand-alone episodes, which are mostly low stakes. Characters for the most part remain static, despite them learning a lesson in a episode prior (though those episodes are just made to teach lessons). Most events are loosely connected as well.

die.

In all seriousness, though, serialized stories are better if your looking for a more structured, set-up story with a set of characters that go through development and stuff, as you said. It really depends on the person. Some people may be coming to the story to enjoy some shitty one-off episodes that teach lessons for 5 year olds with a nigh-lack of cognition, while some people may be going to a story for something more structured and planned out, like a novel or a manga.

It depends on one's mood. I have no general preference and sometimes can go for either story type depending on how I feel.

Seriously, I prefer Episodic due to the fact that you have way more creative freedom in those kind of shows than Serialized.

In order for Serialized shows to even be passable, you have to be consistent with the story you're trying to tell throughout the whole show, which can lead to a lot of inconsistencies, which leads to some shitty ass writing when you don't know what direction you want your show to go in (Steven Universe is a good example of this imo).

However, with Episodic shows, you have more freedom in what you do, which leads to have some very creative episodes and plots (peak Fairly OddParents is a good example of this).

Last edited:
Seriously, I prefer Episodic due to the fact that you have way more creative freedom in those kind of shows than Serialized.
True... It's basically alot of content... But some serileszed 🙈 can be so good and real/connected that it becomes much more immersed and stuff because usually episodic is kinda disconnected with stuff... Bye 🙈 pro explainer

1. I don't drink. I'm underage.
2. I don't much like Johnny Test in the first place lol.

Cartoons like Johnny Test and Fairly OddParents never really tickled my fancy. Some episodic shows like Spongebob or Loud House do it well but some do it worse than others, it really goes up to personal preference with Episodic stuff like that.

1. I don't drink. I'm underage.
2. I don't much like Johnny Test in the first place lol.
I was joking. Though I will admit there are moments in Johnny Test that you can only enjoy when you're drunk.

Cartoons like Johnny Test and Fairly OddParents never really tickled my fancy.
Booooooo.

Some episodic shows like Spongebob
Fair.

Loud House
Anything you say from now on is invalid.

do it well but some do it worse than others, it really goes up to personal preference with Episodic stuff like that.
Agreed.

It fell off.

First Season or so was good, and then the show went downhill, and don't get me started on the Loud House movie and Live Action movie...
You fell off.

I dunno, maybe I've only seen the early episodes which were pretty good. Didn't even know there were movies.

I like myself some story arcs, but considering I'm a huge fan of Space Dandy, I just prefer episodic tales. Especially if they're more comedy driven.

Anyways where the hell are the Space Dandy profiles, the series is finally coming to Crunchyroll Subbed and Dubbed

I like myself some story arcs, but considering I'm a huge fan of Space Dandy, I just prefer episodic tales. Especially if they're more comedy driven.

Anyways where the hell are the Space Dandy profiles, the series is finally coming to Crunchyroll Subbed and Dubbed
Space Dandy is sort of an outlier. It's way better than most Episodic anime/shows.

Didn't ask + No bitches + Touch Grass + You Fell Off + Anime pfp
Ratio'd by Johnnel Spest.

59c45b6e7b8d282e11a64e58dde505a208b3add2r1-768-768v2_00.jpg

Back