• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the suggsverse exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bunch of stories created by Lionel C. Suggs, the series has a bunch of stuff like beyond omnipotence, infinity times omnipotence, being strong enough to affect reality (our reality) and fiction. Character's that transcend fanfiction, some other stuff.

Suggs made it cause he used to wank Get;Backers, making them seem unbeatable, until he got debunked. Thus, he created Suggsverse.

He also makes vs debates with them.

EndBringerNickolas said:
It's a bunch of stories created by Lionel C. Suggs, the series has a bunch of stuff like beyond omnipotence, infinity times omnipotence, being strong enough to affect reality (our reality) and fiction. Character's that transcend fanfiction, some other stuff.
Suggs made it cause he used to wank Get;Backers, making them seem unbeatable, until he got debunked. Thus, he created Suggsverse.

So it's fanfiction? Why do people hate it then?

Ultra instinct issei said:
EndBringerNickolas said:

So it's fanfiction? Why do people hate it then?
It isn't fanfiction.

Its an original fictional verse/stories written by a man to create infinitely wanked characters that make so little sense they're impossible to understand/use/tier. Its why it's barely used even on other sites, the whole verse is a massive cluster F of stupid ideas that can't logically fit together in any way.

I don't hate verses for having over-complicated/stupid cosmology/being untierable, I hate bad writing and the author rather thoroughly exemplifies someone writing with no logistical understanding of how his story should/can work from a narrative perspective.

I mean, my own stories has some stuff that doesn't make sense (example being the mc is galaxy buster who can punch holes through multiversal size dragons), but everything about Suggsverse makes no sense.

I can safely say my own written content is superior.

While I find that nonsensical (Could be done well but on it's own sounds silly, context is important) suggs is full of omnipotent beings that are beyond each others omnipotence until they're not, he contradicts himself so often it's not even funny.

EndBringerNickolas said:
I mean, my own stories has some stuff that doesn't make sense (example being the mc is galaxy buster who can punch holes through multiversal size dragons), but everything about Suggsverse makes no sense.
Eh...durability negation?

Im not familiar with bobobo bo bo bobo but from what Ive heard the author of that is intentionally mocking the troupes and parodying the genre.

Suggs verse doesn't even describe his characters, he has no regard for literary devices or improving his craft. Heck well over eighty percent of his characters have no definable features because he never bothered to describe them, he at one point uses rape as a tool to try and get sympathy from the reader. In the very next paragraph he magics away all the tramua from such an even just becuase timeskip. The character isn't defined, she doesn't get over her trauma, she doesn't have to deal with what happened to her. She's raped, restored to her rather nonexistent character and moves on within three paragraphs.

Is it suppose to be the most OP thing anyone can possibly come up with? Who knows, but is good enough for being the biggest little munchki there is

So let's see;

Lovecraft: Made a Tier 0 pantheon in the 1930's, works are still read by millions to this day.

Masada: Made a High 1-A pantheon, work is very popular in Japan still rather renowned worldwide.

Did Suggs just look at the power levels and think that they automatically made a good story???

You should see the way he describes his feats, within the next few pages he has our main "Character" Fighting an angel of sorrow (No he doesn't really ever come back to explain this angel, why it's fighting the main character or why it exist period) out of nowhere and describes in excurtiating detail how the magma spikes ripping through the ground are like 1000 of km long...

Planck69 said:
So let's see;
Lovecraft: Made a Tier 0 pantheon in the 1930's, works are still read by millions to this day.

Masada: Made a High 1-A pantheon, work is very popular in Japan still rather renowned worldwide.

Did Suggs just look at the power levels and think that they automatically made a good story???
From what I understand and heard in a form of hearsay, he apparently ripped off Umineko.

I think it's impressive that this guy's managed to become so popular in versus communities.

To the point where people from completely different communities than him, on the other side of the world, know his full IRL name.

I commend him for his infamy.

EndBringerNickolas said:
Yeah. MC of my story has the natural innate ability to negate anything that is resistance, this includes durability and with all of his offensive hax as well his own punches, kicks, bites, e.t.c

YungManzi said:
I think it's impressive that this guy's managed to become so popular in versus communities.
To the point where people from completely different communities than him, on the other side of the world, know his full IRL name.

I commend him for his infamy.
You know what fair, hes managed to inscribe himself into the internet well enough that many people know of his shoddy work and if nothing else that's an impressive feat on its own.

Like, imagine if one day he managed to write something that's actually decent.

He would have quite a fanbase, based on his infamy.

Although I've heard that more recent works aren't as obnoxious with the battle themes. So that could be considered a plus.

EndBringerNickolas said:
From what I understand and heard in a form of hearsay, he apparently ripped off Umineko.
I heard it was GetBackers or something. Fair point anyway, the Mythos is the most low-key of the top-tier verses out there. Masadaverse seems likely but its cosmplogy is a bit too refined for Suggs to get inspiration there.

EndBringerNickolas said:
EndBringerNickolas said:
Yeah. MC of my story has the natural innate ability to negate anything that is resistance, this includes durability and with all of his offensive hax as well his own punches, kicks, bites, e.t.c
Is that all? My own MC is 3-D physically, but can kill 1-A beings with his spear which is a guranteed kill once it is launched, but has limitations, like only once a day usable, can be blocked by a shield if thrown without full power, and all that.

EndBringerNickolas said:
EndBringerNickolas said:
Is that all? My own MC is 3-D physically, but can kill 1-A beings with his spear which is a guranteed kill once it is launched, but has limitations, like only once a day usable, can be blocked by a shield if thrown without full power, and all that.
It's not all, he as more. To name a few my MC also has passive time acceleration (Constantly 3,000x), passive time-stop, and passive power null (Works on anything supernatural, technological, and even natural innate abilities). There are more stuff to him, but this isn't the thread to discuss our ocs.

I don't see the point either, tbh. I'd prefer making them broken in only one aspect and leave them with their wits to deal with opponents and just cover gaps in strength by growing their overall physical stats.

I'm fine with hax-freaks but I like coherent hax-freaks. Even Reinhard at the very least has a power system that gives rhyme and reason to his powers. With a proper structure and mechanics in place, I can get behind even Rimuru-level hax-walls.

The one oc Ive made to be the main character of his own story wasn't really haxed, he was a person suffering from severe psychological delusions and couldn't separate reality from fiction. I guess you could argue he had light manip/purification but those abilities are only really part of how he saw reality.

Planck69 said:
I'm fine with hax-freaks but I like coherent hax-freaks. Even Reinhard at the very least has a power system that gives rhyme and reason to his powers. With a proper structure and mechanics in place, I can get behind even Rimuru-level hax-walls.
Generally agreed Id never make one but I can enjoy them as long as there is a sense of logic/reason behind them.

My MC of Ajimu Kuria is really talented and would would pretty much be a Mary Sue as far as how perfect she is. If it wasn't for the fact that she's surrounded by perfect people and has spent her entire life in an isolated village, so she just plain doesn't know common sense, which puts her at a disadvantage.

Even then, she's perfect battle-wise only within the context of the verse. She doesn't really have hax (Aside from the standard semi-passive memory manipulation/data manipulation that assassins have. But nobody's winning a fight with that). Let alone Higher D ones. She's just really skilled, kinda strong, and has good observational skills and senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back