• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what is the fragmentation value for brick?

IIRC most modern bricks are made using concrete, so prolly the same as concrete, 6 MPa or 6 J/cc. Google gives me similar results for red clay bricks.

This research pdf however, tells me that the shear strength of a brick is 0.77 that of it's compressive strength. Compressive strength here is 25-65 N/mm^2 or 25-65 MPa, so shear strength (We use low-end shear strength for frag, high-end shear strength or low-end compressive strength for v. frag, and high-end compressive strength for pulv.) is anywhere between 19.25-50.05 MPa (Or J/cc. MPa, J/cc and N/mm^2 are the one and the same).

Last edited:
IIRC most modern bricks are made using concrete, so prolly the same as concrete, 6 MPa or 6 J/cc. Google gives me similar results for red clay bricks.

This research pdf however, tells me that the shear strength of a brick is 0.77 that of it's compressive strength. Compressive strength here is 25-65 N/mm^2 or 25-65 MPa, so shear strength (We use low-end shear strength for frag, high-end shear strength or low-end compressive strength for v. frag, and high-end compressive strength for pulv.) is anywhere between 19.25-50.05 MPa (Or J/cc. MPa, J/cc and N/mm^2 are the one and the same).
so ı take a 6 or 19.25?

Not at the moment, no. At least, not for brick. Concrete has its values laid out tho.
Ah. What prevents it being listed on the page? A lack of verification of its validity? Or is brick just considered THAT redundant alongside concrete?

Ah. What prevents it being listed on the page? A lack of verification of its validity? Or is brick just considered THAT redundant alongside concrete?
Neither. We just forgot to actually add it. Spino was originally gonna add it in but he's been inactive as of late.

so, wall level?

Back