• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What happened to the scp verse ?

Well there's something that shocked me lately is how the scp verse went drom being 1-b to almost everyone being boundless ! What happened ?

It is what is it.
This what happens when 5 year olds creates things to transcends everything, i miss the horror aspect of scp wiki and the new stuff is more like joke horror with that Noodlesphere thing or idk, idk who made that up but damn he must really be invested in going higher and higher and higher into dimensions, human's imagination knows no rule, i guess i have to quit this wiki and vs battle as a whole for good, boundless became a joke

It's not that bad. SCP was always going to reach Tier 0, it was inevitable as it has thousands of writers working on it constantly in comparison to the Cthulu Mythos which is stagnant and had one writer.

It is a shame the more popular SCP's tend to be the most insane of them, but that doesn't mean there arent more down-to-earth SCP's still being made. It's just people tend to like at SCP through the surface and never bother to search for such SCP's on their own.

It's not that bad. SCP was always going to reach Tier 0, it was inevitable as it has thousands of writers working on it constantly in comparison to the Cthulu Mythos which is stagnant and had one writer.

It is a shame the more popular SCP's tend to be the most insane of them, but that doesn't mean there arent more down-to-earth SCP's still being made. It's just people tend to like at SCP through the surface and never bother to search for such SCP's on their own.
Well since we still have the older generation scp still there i do see new ones respecting the old ones code and consistency with the verse which makes me happy but well because of thousand of writers people just want to copy paste lovecraft's insanity in their work because of cosmic horror?, ofc not its just there because people want their part of cake, being a writer is hard and going into cosmology is nearly impossible realistically but when the consistency and theory breaks and change meaning of certain things, it becomes like its a race of scp vs azatoth and others, its funny at first but at the same time yeah, it just makes the surface of scp flooded then it floods vs battle to the point there's no point of imagining a fight or baseline of each verse, i learned this when i tried to write an absurd verse, it feels more like im trying to be number 1 but the layers and dimension into the writing is flat and childlish, lovecraft truly made this genre interesting but the man isn't really sane,what was cool back then should be improved now, not make it worse

Back