• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What formula was used in this calculation? (MHA)

Can someone explain this calculation to me?
I have tried to replicate it, but there are many parts that I do not understand
I assume it is the volume of a cylinder, but no matter how hard I try, I don't get the same as this calculation

I get e18 and not e15

Where does the 2.1252e10kg come from?

Last edited:
Never really looked through this calc until now, I cannot follow it either.

Am I just doing something wrong or did they make some kind of mistake?

Also I have a problem with the shape being used, but I'll save it for later.

To add something else
the density of the ice, according to what I checked is 0.917 g / cm³, but to obtain the same answer in that part we would have to simplify

0.92 * 1.87e13 = 1.7204e13g / 1.7204e10
0.917 * 1.87e13 = 1.71479e13g / 1.71479e10

Last edited:
I assume it is the volume of a cylinder, but no matter how hard I try, I don't get the same as this calculation
I just checked and got almost the same volume as Jack, you are probably using the diameter of the ice and applying it to the formula instead of using the radius.

I get e18 and not e15

I got e15.

Heat Capacity = 1.704e10 x 4181 x (100-0) = 7.124424e15

Where does the 2.1252e10kg come from?
That's weird, no idea where he got that, even multiplying the volume by the density of water doesn't get you that mass.

I don't know it
I had forgotten how to obtain the radius in cylinders,
I was just taking the diameter that was given and dividing it into 2 (thinking about it carefully now ... it made no sense)

Back