• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does my creation myth give?

So, I was doing some worldbuilding for a custom race for a TTRPG campaign I was running, writing out their creation myth, when I began pondering what the first verse of it would grant. So I rushed over here with the third draft, to ask that very question.

In the time before time, there was only Qalltuk, in a realm where light was darkness, silence was sound, and existence was nonexistence. In this realm, contrasts merged into a singular void, an endless canvas of unformed potential. Here, in this boundless void of contradictions, Qalltuk dwelled alone. To Qalltuk, this realm was both everything and nothing, an eternal expanse where every moment was an eternity, yet no moment passed at all. In the heart of this infinite void, Qalltuk yearned for definition, for a reality where existence could flourish beyond the bounds of endless contradiction. Eventually, in a moment of divine inspiration, Qalltuk summoned the essence of what could be, and shaped it into a mirror not of glass but of pure potential amidst the void. This mirror did not reflect light but possibilities, revealing in the harmony of duality. Qalltuk held up this mirror to the endless, undefined opposites that cancelled out each other, splitting them into well-defined cycles that needed each half to exist. As Qalltuk gazed into the mirror, it shattered, not with a sound but with a cosmic reverberation. Each shard became a bearer of a cycle - light and dark, life and death, knowledge and mystery. From the fragments of the mirror, the cosmos spun into being. In the wake of the shattering, the echoes of division birthed the stars, the land, and the sea. Stars ignited from sparks of light, on a canvas formed from clumps of darkness. Land split from the infinite ocean, giving home to life and death, and time changed from a whirlpool to a river. As the shards scattered across the void, they pulsed with the promise of new guardians for each emerging cycle. Within each shard of the shattered mirror lay the seed of a deity, waiting to awaken and govern the cycles of the newly birthed universe. Thus Qalltuk taught the first lesson - that all existence is a cycle, an endless dance of dualities, each giving meaning to the other. And so, from the heart of opposites, the world of cycles was born, a tapestry woven from the threads of contrast, each thread as vital as the next. In the dance of these newfound cycles, Qalltuk found solace, watching as the tapestry of existence began to weave itself.
I assume (but am only 95% certain), that there's some NEP and Nonduality in there.

Back