• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does Absolute Zero actually do?

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
This might sound like a dumb question, but what are the properties of Absolute Zero Ice? I mean, it's on dozens of profiles for sure, and it's generally treated the same way as liquid nitrogen in regards to the human hand. But what does it do exactly?

I mean, I know that it is currently impossible to achieve this with our level of science so we wouldn't have any idea what it would do in real life, but shouldn't there be a page for this that elaborates what absolute zero means and does?

Absolute Zero, as far as I know, causes atomic activity to cease, it's effectively the ultimate form of freezing.

So in terms of versus battles, can it be considered a form of durability bypassing instant-kill hax? After all, I'm pretty sure something with all of its atoms frozen is pretty much dead.

Yes, it can, unless the character its being used on has demonstrated some sort of resistance.

Would it be okay to create a page for it then? It's an uncommon power, but it's seen often enough to justify it's own pwoer page I'd think.

Yamatohime said:
And it was proved that it's possible to get negative temperature on Kelvin scale... =)
I don't think so.

Unless we've found a way to create negative energy.

I think the point is that absolute zero reduces the kinetic energy of the very atoms themselves to 0, even though they're supposed to be always vibrating even in a solid at low temperatures.

Of course it's about negative energy ,at 0 degrees Kelvin atoms stop moving ,they have 0 kinetic energy.Thus going below that one would need to have negative energy.

Don't know what Dark Matter and gravitational waves have to do with that ,i really want to know where your informations come from.

Kkapoios said:
Don't know what Dark Matter and gravitational waves have to do with that ,i really want to know where your informations come from.
I've read about it from science magazine. This one research was going to be nominated for Nobel... Side-effect of some other research.

Would this warrant a power page? Or should it just remain plain knowledge to be passed around when needed?

I don't think so, since I doubt temperature has an effect on the temporal plane.

Reppuzan said:
I don't think so, since I doubt temperature has an effect on the temporal plane.
I meant their effect on target from third party view - both powers completely cease all atomic movement.

From that standpoint, the end result is similar I suppose, but if the cells are frozen they're good as dead

The Everlasting said:
Absolute Zero, as far as I know, causes atomic activity to cease, it's effectively the ultimate form of freezing.
yup, that is basically the shortest while most fitting explanation :)

@yamato

well, there is the problem for the targets body, the freezing can cause big brain damage or other organ failures :(

Back