• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are the rules about adding Creepypastas?

I agree with Matthew. We should preferably close this.

Just saying, the Creepypasta wiki has stupidly high standards too.

My only real problem with having profiles for Creepypasta is their just isn't much to work with. Strictly using original stories for the sake of canon, theirs really not much you can make a profile with. In the original story, Jeff was just a guy with a knife and no real feats, for example.

No it isn't Headless, you are misrepresentation. We don't account for those non-canon fanfics of either. The problem is that Creepypasta begins as non-canon fanfic

Lets not call double standards. But saying creepypasta have nmo consistency between each other and can be piosted anywhere is like saying that fantasy genre has no consistency, creepypasta is an horror story spread through internet

creepypasdt is a genre

No they don't. NoEnd House is an OG Idea, so is things like 1999, and they banned any new fanfic type stories including lisened characters like Mario or SuperMan.

I don't get that argument. There are plenty of original stories to work with. The idea of not allowing a verse because of the platform t was posted it just seems wrong.

Again, my problem with most of them is how little their is to work with, but if theirs an original creepypasta with enough feats to make a full profile with, I see no problem.

I think that we should close this thread rather than have to go in circles for a few hundred posts more. I am way too tired to deal with it.

We haven't ignored the issue. We have stated what we think, but do not wish to spend several hundred posts repeating ourselves when we have many other tasks.

That said, I suppose that Darkanine's suggestion could be an idea.

I thought that was always the idea. I mean, Eyeless jack has no feats, and wouldn't be added. OG Jeff is poorly written and has been replaced. Subjects from the Sleep Experiment have enough feats, etc.

Jeff is a grey area given that his reboot isn't "official". Plus I think that if they are allowed, we should avoid big name ones like Jeff, Zalgo, Slender, etc because the amount of spin offs make it murky to say the least.

So, just for original stories with enough feats to make a full profile and preferably little spin offs.

Yeah Zalgo is fully a meme. Just re looked at him. Researched the others now and they aren't. Jeff at most would be 9-c probably but I can see why he would be avoided

He has multiple canonical versions. Surgist version, classic, etc. it is better not to make him from internet stories, and stick him only to the slenderverse

I am not sure. I would prefer if Darkanine and Matthew try to come to a compromise agreement.

Ideally, only characters that have an established official story and canon, and are notable/popular enough should be featured within this wiki, or we set a bad precedent that anything goes in terms of memes and fan characters. We cannot ensure that this rule is always followed, but we can try as best we can.

I am not sure if we should close this thread, or if Matthew and Darkanine wish to try to reach a solution.

Back