• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are some sites I can use for Pixel Scaling

Arcker123

He/Him
So title.

I need to pixel scale a feat for a calc. What sites should I use and how do I use them?

So you actually need to place each individual pixel? I assumed there was a website where you could just make a line and it'd tell you how many pixels long it is lol.

I'll give a tutorial so everyone's on the same page.

Let's say these images are the actual scale, and I'm trying to find Thanos' height.
unknown.png

First, you want your reference, something that you already know the given dimension of so you can scale off of it. I'll use Iron Man here. Let's say Iron Man is canonically 1.8 meters, once again, this is just for example. Next, I want to find his pixel height. So you're going to make a line (you're not going to draw a line, you're going to use the actual line tool), and make a line that's the same height as whatever you're scaling.
unknown.png

As you can see, MS paint shows you the dimensions of your line (in the bottom there, "1 x 615px") You always want to make sure the first factor is 1 if you're measuring vertically, and that the second factor is 1 if you're measuring horizontally. All that means is that your line is completely straight. It's preferable that you put the length of the line's pixels right next to it. So, I would put "615 px" right next to Iron Man's line. Now, we know Iron Man is 1.8 meters and we also know that he's 615 px. So, we want the amount of meters in a pixel in order to develop our scale. 1.8/615 has...a lot of decimals. So you just want to round to the point that the scale is still accurate and that it's more clear. So instead of writing the full 0.0029268292682927, I would just write 0.00293 (it's something still accurate, but not as long).

Now, we just put that in the form of meters per pixel, so you could say 0.00293 m/px.

From there, you measure Thanos' pixels and use the scale to find what it actually is.

unknown.png

Thanos is 955 px. So you multiply the scale by the number of pixels to find Thanos' height. 0.00293 x 955 is 2.79815 meters.

Lmk if more detail needs to be given.

Let's say these images are the actual scale, and I'm trying to find Thanos' height.
unknown.png

First, you want your reference, something that you already know the given dimension of so you can scale off of it. I'll use Iron Man here. Let's say Iron Man is canonically 1.8 meters, once again, this is just for example. Next, I want to find his pixel height. So you're going to make a line (you're not going to draw a line, you're going to use the actual line tool), and make a line that's the same height as whatever you're scaling.
unknown.png

As you can see, MS paint shows you the dimensions of your line (in the bottom there, "1 x 615px") You always want to make sure the first factor is 1 if you're measuring vertically, and that the second factor is 1 if you're measuring horizontally. All that means is that your line is completely straight. It's preferable that you put the length of the line's pixels right next to it. So, I would put "615 px" right next to Iron Man's line. Now, we know Iron Man is 1.8 meters and we also know that he's 615 px. So, we want the amount of meters in a pixel in order to develop our scale. 1.8/615 has...a lot of decimals. So you just want to round to the point that the scale is still accurate and that it's more clear. So instead of writing the full 0.0029268292682927, I would just write 0.00293 (it's something still accurate, but not as long).

Now, we just put that in the form of meters per pixel, so you could say 0.00293 m/px.

From there, you measure Thanos' pixels and use the scale to find what it actually is.

unknown.png

Thanos is 955 px. So you multiply the scale by the number of pixels to find Thanos' height. 0.00293 x 955 is 2.79815 meters.

Goat

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

How would be done in case you pixelscale a map and know the square kilometers of X place? You would take the width and height and after find them add them?

How would be done in case you pixelscale a map and know the square kilometers of X place? You would take the width and height and after find them add them?
Typically you don't calc off of square distance. That seems like it would be a weirder scenario, but perhaps you could find the length of one dimension, if you can tell how much bigger one dimension is than the other and the shape isn't too odd, it could possibly work.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Common Ezran W

Typically you don't calc off of square distance. That seems like it would be a weirder scenario, but perhaps you could find the length of one dimension, if you can tell how much bigger one dimension is than the other and the shape isn't too odd, it could possibly work.
Then how do you typically would calc such a thing to find the size? This is because I want to find the size of this continent based in the Entris Federation place which have a stated size of 360,000 square kilometers.

Then how do you typically would calc such a thing to find the size? This is because I want to find the size of this continent based in the Entris Federation place which have a stated size of 360,000 square kilometers.
Well what you should do in this case is find the number of pixels comprising the Entris Federation
Then you divide 360,000 by the total number of pixels to get each ones area in square kilometers which you take the square root of to get their length in kilometers
then you use the pixels length to get the dimensions of the continent

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Alright let me show you what I did to see if I did something wrong

So I'm just scaling a building's height here

917C0582-365C-418F-BEDB-DAF7307994FB.jpeg

Blue: 27px
Red: 803px
Height of long windows: 1.9812m
1.9m/27px= 0.0703m
803px x 0.0703m = 56.4509m

Am I missing anything or did I do it right?

You can also try Paint.net. It's a lot more accurate than MS Paint if you want diagonal lines (It can also do curved lines very nicely and will even give you out the true lengths of said lines). You can also rotate said lines however the hell you want and you can even set the curve however you want for maximum effect.

Alright let me show you what I did to see if I did something wrong

So I'm just scaling a building's height here

917C0582-365C-418F-BEDB-DAF7307994FB.jpeg

Red: 803px
Height of long windows: 1.9812m
1.9m/27px= 0.0703m
803px x 0.0703m = 56.4509m

Am I missing anything or did I do it right?
Looks pretty good. It's slightly tilted, but shouldn't affect results drastically.

I'm a bit confused on what you mean by that. You just need the radius and length/height to calculate the volume.
Im referring to what formula to use for the volume, like how some craters will be shaped differently ig.
34178B6C-B16C-4C77-A28D-D559D3343C0D.jpeg

So like the top right is basically the aftermath of a blast of energy and im tryna figure out how to calc the destruction and I tried but I'm getting a low value in comparison to another calc that is much more smaller than this one. This one is

Orange : 32px
Green: 88px
Red: 9px = 40m (It's a Torii Gate)

Last edited:
Back