• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok so I was talking to Matt about this but he seems busy so I'm asking others. Btw can the Spider-Man (Horrorclix) be re-uploaded

(General) While I am still hoping the profile can be uploaded (due to not breaking any rules I can tell), the talk has gotten me to wonder. What is concidered a irrelevant character or verse? Because besides it not being irrelevant in my opinio I don't wish to run into this problem on a later date. Is it about obscurity? Because their are characters/verses on this website that are much more obscure than a character from an old tabletop/board game or the game itself. Like myth characters, various books that aren't overwhelmingly popular, fables and fantasy characters as well as the stories they come from, Primal Rage (Surprised not many remember that :/), etc etc etc.

(Strictly about Spiderman (Horrorclix)) Is it about being a liseced characters or a different character than other versions that are more popular? If that is the case why do we have so many profiles for Slenderman, Superman, Goku, Batman, etc that all have the same basic abilities as the orginal with a slightly different ability or tier? The editing rules for alternative canons talk about being relevant and I would argue a lower level zombie spider-man with various abilities not show in Marvel Zombies or the comics in general would make it a notable, though somewhat obscure, version. The profile doesn't break any rules I can see. The reasoning is even sound. If it is due to obscurity why does this website have two of the same character with the exact same tier and abilities, and yet we say it is a notable version? Why even have two then? And no, I am not saying delete anything. I am just wondering reasoning. So what about including feats from video games based on lisenced characters. That is fine. Boardgame is a no? What about novels? Making a profile for a character using a novel. That is an alternative canon, correct? But lets say the book is obscure. Would that make the verson of the character irelevant? Because I know horror characters ranging from Jason, Elly Kedward (Blair Witch), Death (Final Destination), and various other characters have book series for them and most aren't well know. Would that make those versions irrelevant? I am very VERY biased though so much of that is likely salt.

But it this wasn't talking about a version of Spider-man and instead I was talking about a character all by itself, no canon version, then what would make it relevent or not? Is there a lay out for what is "irelevant" or is it just an opinion? Does obscurity descide whether or not something deserves a profile? I know it is to prevent OCs but it they are made by and continued by a company, even if it is obscure, doesn't that make it not an OC or OC verse? When does it change from being an OC to being an actual character or verse? Just wondering because I don't want to waste time working on things if they are just going to be deleted due to being "irelevant". My apologies if this just becomes a salty nerd rant or something equally cringy.

I would be willing to restore the page. I don't think there were any problems major enough for a deletion.

Also still quie intrested on what would be considered an ireletive verse, I mean there are alot of verses we have. Speaking of irelevant, why do some Marvel and DC characters have keys for form they only had once and no longer have. Isn't that about as much information as a "what if" comic would have?

An irrelevant character would be one who is so minor that he can hardly be said to be featured as a character at all and thus has little to no information available about him which can be used for indexing purposes.

I would say something along the lines of a random classmate who did nothing more in the story than participate in a few class activities in the background.

As for verses, they can get rejected not for being obscure but for having such a small following that you can't expect anyone but a handful of people to show interest in them and even fewer users to help out in keeping the profiles accurate.

The Duck is featless, to begin with.

In fact, I don't even see the point of its profile: all the bird does is carrying you from one zone of a river to another, nothing more, nothing less. No dialogue, not anything.

That's like giving a profile to the NPC Shop Owner of an RPG game just because it's part of another race and it exists, even if he never did anything at all other than selling you an item.

No offense, but honestly believe that the profile was made just because the creator thought it would have been funny.

Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap is the most important character in Undertale, Deltarune and all of video gaming so he obviously doesn't fall under this

I am not sure, maybe?

I think the profile is a perfect exemple of something uneeded.

As for a verse exemple, there is an italian audiobook that is a mesh between philosophy, shounen, celestial horror and drama (It works... somehow) but only has a few dozen thousand followers, so I could not make profiles.

@Geoff I'll resurrect the profile now.

Tho I suggest you modify the summary to focus on describing who he is in the horrorclix verse instead of comparing him to Marvel Spider.

Any better? Also since I am still curious about this subject, should I edit the thread removing the part about the Horrorclix spider-man or just close this and make a new thread? I feel like the latter would be easier because I have other things I would like to discuss.

Back