• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What about the MBK audio dramas?

Seriously, I'm confused... I've been wanting to see a Battle Page for Jeffery Keaton for ages now, but this isn't what I expected.

Jeffery Keaton (Jeff the Killer Saga)

I mean, sure, the old MBK short videos are cool and all, but they are non-canon now, for lack of a better term. Around 2012 or 2014 (can't remember which) Mr. Betty Krueger began a series of audio dramas based around Jeffery Keaton (his version of Jeff The Killer, re-written), set in a universe which is basically his own spin on Creepypasta mythos, dubbed the "MBK Creepypasta Universe". In this version, he's still named Jeffrey Keaton (obviously), but he is also much older than in the original story roughly 24 by now), his brother Liu has been replaced by a psycho about as crazy as himself, and he doesn't carve a smile into Slenderman's "face".

Chronologically, the series goes...

0. Blood in the Window "Remastered"

1. Needles and Smiles

2. Jeffery's Dead (the Final Sleep)

3. The House of Jeff The Killer

4. The Blood of Jeff The Killer

5. The Wrath of Jeffery Keaton (Parts 1 & 2)

Not only is this version of Jeff more visceral and hard to kill than any other, but he is also vastly more impressive than any other version of the character that I am aware of. By the third audio drama, I'd be willing to bet that Jeffery could give Jason Voorhees a good fight, and maybe even Freddy, too, depending on how powerful his dream manipulation turns out to be.

So, why make a Battle Page for this version of Jeff, but ignore his feats from the audio dramas? Not only do the audio dramas have a much more coherent canon, but (in my opinion) they are much more entertaining.

The audiodramas and Jeff the Killer Saga are separate continuities, so JTKS isn't non-canon it is just a different take. The issues with the audiodrama is they have fanfiction elements that wouldn't allow them to be on this sight, such as Five Nights At Freddy's existing in Jeffery's Dead, and Needles and Smiles stating other inmates in the asylum were characters like Joker and Deadpool iirc. Spider-Man is at least seemingly confirmed in dialogue in Needles and Smiles. Also another issue is Masky and Hoodie are in the verse, which are licensed characters making the verse even more fanfic-ish. As much as I love the MBK Creepypasta Universe, it ain't going to fly here. Hence why I added the Jeff the Killer Saga, which lacks these issues. I honestly prefer MBKCU, but it is to fanfic to be considered its own thing at least by the current moderators.

Back