• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What ability will this be?

Rikimarox2

He/Him
This thread will kinda be a thread for me to just ask questions about abilities for a verse I'm about to make.

So, first feat is basically this: In the verse there exists something called Emptiness. If a being touches it, they get erased. It was stated that everything about them will be erased, including their accomplishments, levels, abilities, stats, etc... And their qualification for entering a holy place made for people with great potential might be erased too (these beings are originally only human level when they get transported to the place). And, an avatar of a being stated that if they get touched by the darkness, even their true body (Which is a concept) will be damaged too.

Not exactly sure what this will be. Maybe Existence Erasure, Power Erasure, Immortality negation (?), and conceptual erasure? What I'm more confused about is how it even erases their accomplishments, so maybe History erasure too?

Another thing I'm confused about is this: in the verse, every ability and weapon has a "proficiency" bar, it can increase based on circumstances. So, the MC has an ability to know the information about an object, but when he tried to identify a specific object, it didn't work. So, he kept trying, and he eventually was able to appraise the object, and his proficiency also increased at the same time. This happens once more as well with a weapon.

Will this reactive evolution/adaptation, and can anything that increases with proficiency be considered a layer?

So, first feat is basically this: In the verse there exists something called Emptiness. If a being touches it, they get erased. It was stated that everything about them will be erased, including their accomplishments, levels, abilities, stats, etc... And their qualification for entering a holy place made for people with great potential might be erased too (these beings are originally only human level when they get transported to the place). And, an avatar of a being stated that if they get touched by the darkness, even their true body (Which is a concept) will be damaged too.

Not exactly sure what this will be. Maybe Existence Erasure, Power Erasure, Immortality negation (?), and conceptual erasure? What I'm more confused about is how it even erases their accomplishments, so maybe History erasure too?
I think thats extremely and I mean EXTREMLY strong EE and maybe Conceptual Erasure, Damage Transfel and Powernull.

Another thing I'm confused about is this: in the verse, every ability and weapon has a "proficiency" bar, it can increase based on circumstances. So, the MC has an ability to know the information about an object, but when he tried to identify a specific object, it didn't work. So, he kept trying, and he eventually was able to appraise the object, and his proficiency also increased at the same time. This happens once more as well with a weapon.

Will this reactive evolution/adaptation, and can anything that increases with proficiency be considered a layer?
advanced info analysis

advanced info analysis
I know it's Info analysis, what I wanna know is how do we deal with proficiency? Since just by increasing its proficiency, it was able to read stuff it couldn't previously.

There's also another item like that, which couldn't absorb something, but when he repeatedly tried, his proficiency increased and was able to absorb it.

Basically, can we consider higher proficiency = more layers?

And now, I'm curious about this:

Nessie might try to heal himself with Illusory Change and counterattack, but Yeon-woo was certain of his victory. There was no way Nessie could withstand Random Shooting, which split through the basis of existence, especially with Sword Thunder running through it. His only concern was that he might plunge into the Demonic Sea.
Nessie suddenly straightened his neck. The injury he’d received from Sword Thunder was almost healed. Sword Thunder had snipped Nessie’s thread of life, but contrary to Yeon-woo’s expectations, it wasn’t enough.

Transcendents were also called immortals. That meant unless a being’s foundation was pulled out by the roots, they could come back alive because they existed as conceptual beings without any physical forms. This was also Nessie’s holy territory, and it wasn’t unusual that he’d be able to resurrect.

However, Sword Thunder had left an effect. Nessie’s aura had changed completely because Random Shooting had struck the basis of its existence. He seemed to find it difficult to maintain his presence. Even if he returned to the Demonic Sea, it seemed unlikely that he would remain a king. He would have to defend himself against challengers and other kings. Nessie ought to have focused on healing himself, but his pride was hurt from being injured by a mortal. He exuded a deadly aura, clearly ready to kill Yeon-woo.
So, from the scans above, I assume this is:

For Nesse: Abstract Existence Type 1 (For its true body), Regeneration (Mid-Godly)/Resurrection, and Immortality type 8? Keep in mind, Nesse is able to revive beings who were killed by the attack that targets your foundation, which should include the whole conceptual part shiz.

For the dude who made the attack: Conceptual Manip (Type can be assigned later, at most its Type 2 since it's comparable to peeps who were the concept of life and existed since the beginning of the universe), and... that's it?

I know it's Info analysis, what I wanna know is how do we deal with proficiency? Since just by increasing its proficiency, it was able to read stuff it couldn't previously.

There's also another item like that, which couldn't absorb something, but when he repeatedly tried, his proficiency increased and was able to absorb it.

Basically, can we consider higher proficiency = more layers?
probably reactive evolution for his power
And now, I'm curious about this:

So, from the scans above, I assume this is:

For Nesse: Abstract Existence Type 1 (For its true body), Regeneration (Mid-Godly)/Resurrection, and Immortality type 8? Keep in mind, Nesse is able to revive beings who were killed by the attack that targets your foundation, which should include the whole conceptual part shiz.

For the dude who made the attack: Conceptual Manip (Type can be assigned later, at most its Type 2 since it's comparable to peeps who were the concept of life and existed since the beginning of the universe), and... that's it?
it could be high-godly since even the conceptual self of the beings are killed

Nice. Well, another question about this being's species. What would being unbounded by all laws of nature grant (Said laws are synonymous with concepts, too)? Acausality Type 4, something else, or nothing at all?

Nice. Well, another question about this being's species. What would being unbounded by all laws of nature grant (Said laws are synonymous with concepts, too)? Acausality Type 4, something else, or nothing at all?
Isnt that just resistance to law manipulation and maybe also resistance to conceptual manipulation depending on the context

Isnt that just resistance to law manipulation and maybe also resistance to conceptual manipulation depending on the context
Will it really just be that? The characters in question are (possibly) made before the universe was created, and exist in a void, a place with different concepts and laws. Additionally, since they are transcendent, they are free from the cycle of reincarnation. Characters who die will get reincarnated eventually, but if a character becomes transcendent, they won't be reincarnated when they die, but instead just permanently die, as they are free from the cycle.

Additionally, I wanted to ask about this, too:

Typhon could not understand how foolish these gods and demons were to fall for such an obvious trap. Nor could he understand how they could allow themselves to be consumed. If one’s spirit or soul were eaten, then all the achievements that one had accumulated in order to become a transcendent being would end up belonging to someone else. It was more disgraceful than simple annihilation. ~Chapter 552
The souls in the verse contains all the accomplishments and achievements one has made (Ie making history, folklore, legends, etc...), and they also contain this:
[I see. You’re the one that’s taking over the South instead of that arrogant bastard? I guess you’re her kid. This is amusing. A player that’s taking care of a Legendary Beast. I’ve never heard of this before. Well. I guess this is why I woke up.]

The Void Dragon was busy snickering at Yeon-woo. How was he able to read the Phoenix’s energy on him?
Yeon-woo let out a laugh in disbelief. Just his vestige was able to have this much will. Legendary Beasts were definitely different.

Soul and vestiges were different. Soul was the existence that existed along with the physical body, and vestiges were the remains of the existence.
Easily said, it was like the difference between the Sun and it’s shadow. Although there was that much of a gap in power.
"Vestiges" are the remains of a soul, and it contains the will, memories, emotions, and portion of their original powers as shown above. Since the soul should logically contain all of this as well, and the fact that it contains all of their achievements, what will this grant?

Will it just be usual soul manip, or will it have other abilities?

Will it really just be that? The characters in question are (possibly) made before the universe was created, and exist in a void, a place with different concepts and laws. Additionally, since they are transcendent, they are free from the cycle of reincarnation. Characters who die will get reincarnated eventually, but if a character becomes transcendent, they won't be reincarnated when they die, but instead just permanently die, as they are free from the cycle.
Obviously if thats the case thats Acasuality 4 but your first comment made it seem like it was just resistance so I apologise.
Additionally, I wanted to ask about this, too:

The souls in the verse contains all the accomplishments and achievements one has made (Ie making history, folklore, legends, etc...), and they also contain this:

"Vestiges" are the remains of a soul, and it contains the will, memories, emotions, and portion of their original powers as shown above. Since the soul should logically contain all of this as well, and the fact that it contains all of their achievements, what will this grant?

Will it just be usual soul manip, or will it have other abilities?
I mean is that only in the verse? It can be a verse mechanic if you know what I mean. If not then I think thats extremely potent Soul manipulation

I'll take it, tbh. I appreciate your contribution dude, thanks!

Now, to bore you peeps even more, what would being the very origin of ideas (concepts), reincarnation, and natural laws grant? Abstract Existence, since laws and ideas came from it?

So, first feat is basically this: In the verse there exists something called Emptiness. If a being touches it, they get erased. It was stated that everything about them will be erased, including their accomplishments, levels, abilities, stats, etc... And their qualification for entering a holy place made for people with great potential might be erased too (these beings are originally only human level when they get transported to the place).
Existence Erasure
And, an avatar of a being stated that if they get touched by the darkness, even their true body (Which is a concept) will be damaged too.
Conceptual Erasure and High-Godly Regeneration Negation + maybe Type 8 or 9 Immortality Negation- If it's strong enough to erase the true form

Immortality Negation depends more on whether the true form you are talking about would fit for Type 9 or 8.

Last edited:
Niceeeee

We be eating good.

Also, another question: in the verse, it was shown that the soul exists inside the consciousness of a being, and to reach the soul you have to enter it's consciousness. Will this grant unconventional resistance to soul manip like tensura since souls are inside consciousness?

Niceeeee

We be eating good.

Also, another question: in the verse, it was shown that the soul exists inside the consciousness of a being, and to reach the soul you have to enter it's consciousness. Will this grant unconventional resistance to soul manip like tensura since souls are inside consciousness?
yes

Alright uh another question.

So, there's this character that is an outer god (Literally Crawling Chaos), and it was stated it existed before creation, before concepts were even born. Would this grant any form of NEP?

Why wouldn't it, exactly? The NEP states that:
  1. Conceptual Nonexistence: These are characters for which one or multiple concepts, that are necessary for their own existence, are nonexistent. They are hence immune to regular manipulation of said concept(s). Which type of concept should be mentioned on the profile.
Considering even the concept of life didn't exist yet, shouldn't it grant this at least?

Why wouldn't it, exactly? The NEP states that:
  1. Conceptual Nonexistence: These are characters for which one or multiple concepts, that are necessary for their own existence, are nonexistent. They are hence immune to regular manipulation of said concept(s). Which type of concept should be mentioned on the profile.
Considering even the concept of life didn't exist yet, shouldn't it grant this at least?
They arent Non existent they are just older than these

Back