• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What ability is this?

What ability does this statement deserve?
'Pierced by the spear of God, that man, how is he still alive ......?'
'Kandaquisorte, the future god Nafta, whose spear, according to folklore, deprives those pierced by it of even the possibility of a future and destroys them. ......'
"...... can a human being resist that miracle? ......!"
Is it Existence Erasure, Death manipulation, Fate manipulation? A combination of 2 of those abilities? Or is it all 3 at once?

Can't be EE as EE is beyond Destruction
Can't be Death manipulation as stabbing a character with a Spear isn't death manipulation (Death isn't even being manipulated)
It's just Fate manipulation as it prevents a future for the victims.
Destroying an individual would deprive them of having futures anyway

Last edited:
Can't be EE as EE is beyond manipulation
Can't be Death manipulation as stabbing a character with a Spear isn't death manipulation (Death isn't even being manipulated)
It's just Fate manipulation as it prevents a future for the victims.
Destroying an individual would deprive them of having futures anyway
What do you mean by EE being beyond manipulation?

They are destroyed along with being deprived of a future so could be death manipulation.

But looks like it only qualifies as Fate manipulation.

Can't it be EE based on basically erasing them from the future?

Oops! It was a typo.
I meant to say, "EE is beyond destruction"
You'd need more context to prove its EE
Destruction isn't death manipulation
Them being deprived of the future would be fate manipulation

Nothing in that texts implies them being "erased". Just destruction

Yeah, from that text alone one do not get much info any of these powers. Depriving from the future, as said above, is just anotther way of saying it kilss you or erase you... cuz death people do not have future.

Plus, the text says "according to the folklore", so may as well not be true.

No, do not take that at face value. Death people will, by default, have no future. At best you could argue Deconstruction (I believe this is used for destruction when is not erased), or a conditioned EE (like, erase the body of those killed, with no remains), but it could as well be a pretty powerful spear, and the force is such that leave no remain of the body.

Just realised anyone can be called a "future god", just get a spear and make sure it has enough force to destroy people..
Boom! Future god
Fate manipulation is far fetched as dead people literally have no future

No, do not take that at face value. Death people will, by default, have no future. At best you could argue Deconstruction (I believe this is used for destruction when is not erased), or a conditioned EE (like, erase the body of those killed, with no remains), but it could as well be a pretty powerful spear, and the force is such that leave no remain of the body.
deprives those pierced by it of even the possibility of a future and destroys them. ......'
At first I thought it was EE because it deprives them of a future but they're not actually erased.
It has no deconstruction feats either.

Destroy and death are sometimes used interchangeably in the story so I feel like its using fate manipulation to induce death as a person who is deprived of a future logically cannot be alive anymore in the present.

Just realised anyone can be called a "future god", just get a spear and make sure it has enough force to destroy people..
Boom! Future god
Fate manipulation is far fetched as dead people literally have no future
Ah no. This character is actually the god of the future. The spear itself is a manifestation of all infinite futures and gods also have law, CM and fate manipulation.

At first I thought it was EE because it deprives them of a future but they're not actually erased.
It has no deconstruction feats either.

Destroy and death are sometimes used interchangeably in the story so I feel like its using fate manipulation to induce death as a person who is deprived of a future logically cannot be alive anymore in the present.
Oh I see, then we'd just leave it at just the normal way characters are killed via stabbing. It also seems like the the spear has enough force to destroy an object

Considering the way she fights, she probably just chooses the future in which her opponent's concept is absolutly destroyed.

How is it resistance? This Is talking about the attacker not the one who got stabbed
Oh, I thought you meant the whole quote.
Ya, it is fate manipulation, then. EE needs a bit of context, destroying does not mean erasing their existence completely.
Death manipulation is not either, since no death here is manipulated.

Oh, I thought you meant the whole quote.
Ya, it is fate manipulation, then. EE needs a bit of context, destroying does not mean erasing their existence completely.
Death manipulation is not either, since no death here is manipulated.
You don't need to manipulate death to get death manipulation just induce death in some form or manner. In this case she causes you to die by depriving you of a future.

You don't need to manipulate death to get death manipulation just induce death in some form or manner. In this case she causes you to die by depriving you of a future.
Could be debatable, she can go to a future timeline where his concept is destroyed

Back