• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
This is my attempt at putting the two Nyarlathotep's at 1-A. M is less solid imo, while Edison is more straightforward. My blog on M has most of the information, it's not that long, so not going to re-post all the evidence here.

M​

To summarize: M is a transcendent being of the outer universe, that which is not within. the very outside itself. Everything is apart of M, and it's from him creation itself came from. He is beyond eternity, infinite, time, space, causality, comprehension and understanding.

His world Sharnoth, which is the same as him, is an infinite, eternal world of nothingness, that has no time (Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Act 10) and is eternally unchanging (Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Act 10)

The crux of this upgrade would be whether or not M existing as a transcendent being, outside, and beyond time and space itself, while also being that which creation came from, is enough for 1-A.

Edison​

Edison is the same as M, so if M qualifies so does he, but the inverse isn't true since Edison consumed Yog-Sothoth. But would feel weird for Edison to be vastly superior to M, but if that's what the feats show, can't do anything about it, we haven't even seen the 2 interact.

To re-post the scans on his profile; Edison sees everything in the world of the Underground, which has (Shiei no Sona-Nyl, Chapter 7) no end to it (Shiei no Sona-Nyl, Chapter 7), as being trivial (Shiei no Sona-Nyl, Chapter 3), and without meaning (Shiei no Sona-Nyl, Chapter 7). The Underground is just a game to him with only Gods being able to play chess; it is impossible for non-God's to play chess with a God, and everything in the world of the Underground is just his toy (Shiei no Sona-Nyl, Chapter 7).

From his perspective there is no meaning to the Underground, it's just an illusion, fiction, nothingness, which he decides what exactly it is (Shiei no Sona-Nyl, Chapter 7). He likewise sees the entire parallel world of Karashrer, as being meaningless (Kaijin no Karashrer, Act 2).

Addressing Possible Issues​

M​

It was stated that James Moriarty was able to pass through the gates of Tartarus (Shikoku no Sharnoth, Act 10), and meet M (Shikoku no Sharnoth, Act 10). So what is the gate? It exists at the end of the Interstice which isn't in Sharnoth, nor the real world, and it requires a Golden Eye like Mary's to open (Shikoku no Sharnoth, Act 3).

So the Gate has a stated thing that it needs to open, Golden Eyes, so while not stated, it's pretty clear imo Moriarty got to Sharnoth and M using the eyes. So what are the eyes, they are pieces of Azathoth, and M is Azathoth's knight

Will people remember the Moon King?
The Clockwork God.
Tick Tock Man.
The Crawling Chaos. The Time Man. The Dark Will. The Madness of Space-Time. The Moon King who came from a different Sky.
One of the Outer Gods who came from the World of History. A God of cruelty, gears, and chaos who chose to become all of Space-Time by devouring the Outer God Yog who controls it, becoming one of the traits of the universe.
He controls Kadath's Moon.
Thus, although they are the Black King from a concurrent parallel universe, they are completely different from the Black King here. They are something else, something completely different.
Do not forget, people. The Moon King has a cruel interest in all intelligent life forms. From spiritual animals to humans, especially those that have evolved from apes. When the gaze of the Moon King observes you, your heart will never be able to obtain happiness again.
No one can escape from the Moon King.
The universe that is recognized by the Moon King has already become useless.
Once the Moon King’s eyes gazed at anyone, they are nothing more than puppets that wander in the small garden (Sona Nyl) where dreams come to life. The planet in which the Mega Engine Clock protrudes on has already become useless. At least you people should die without knowing this. Once you know this, yes, there aren’t many options. That is the defeat of man, just like the Great Priest Clive who fell to madness. In that case, yes, I…
I...

But...
Last year, something happened.
Kadath's Moon, the giant piece of the Oblivion Golden Eye that belongs to A.Z.T.T. betrayed the Moon King just once on December 25, 1907, and as a result, the Moon King was subjected to a modest counterattack by the Stranger, the first ever independent Cracking Being.
Applause!
Applause!-Shiei no Sona Nyl: Unknown Author Description

There's been a subtle change in my Queen recently.

Their opportunity to display an active desire to learn has increased.

My Lady Lily. It's a clear fact that she possesses characteristics of an Independent Cracking Being with extremely powerful abilities based off the previous incident with Hypnos, but I presume this has to do with her special characteristic of "ignorance" or rather her "innocence".

This judgment is based on the knowledge gleaned from the late Alan Akeley's personal library, which was a major factor in giving me form.

In other words, it was based on heretical books that describes certain cosmological interpretations such as "Asteroid Mechanics" and the "Necronomicon (English Version. Incomplete, with about 20 clippings)". Additionally, there was a description for the Black King.

It described an existence that could be the core of the universe. In other words, the center of infinity, the amorphous dark shadow of the chaotic abyss, the unimaginable lightless end that transcends time. The one who sits there, the center of the universe. The nucleus. The King or Queen of the "Outer Ones" that is the universe itself. The Golden Eyes that stare at everything from the center of the end have already vanished from the Throne (In a digression, I conclude that the Black King is a representative or knight close to the spirit of this King or Queen).

I will refer to them as A.Z.T.T.

That characteristic of theirs is "ignorance" or "innocence".

These are characteristics that match that of my Queen.

However, therein lies a big problem with my hypothesis.

Following our escape from the Underground World, I obtained a new form of power called Critter Howler in Darkness, with a piece of information revealed to me that perhaps belonged to the Black King. It was clear that the knowledge and attributes I have were of a greater or lesser degree in my manipulation of "shadows" and "black", but now that amount has increased. Thus, according to my upgraded brain information, Lily is missing a key element that would show her connection to A.Z.T.T.

In other words, the Golden Eyes.

My Queen has not inherited a single piece of the Golden Eyes of A.Z.T.T, who was once said to have existed---Sona Nyl: 1908 - A Pile of Books and You

M is searching for the Golden Eyes

Will people remember the Black King?
The Outer God.
The King of the Gods.
The Howler in Darkness. The Crawling Chaos. The Dark Universe itself. The one who seeks Gold.
It is incomparable to the Old Ones. The Foreign God, the Black King, a real one who can exist as matter and that which is all of darkness is its domain.
The galaxy that encompasses our planet, the cluster of galaxies it gathers, and the vast infinite darkness that possesses it, that is, the universe, is one of the many certain traits in the universe that is black, darkness, and one of the Outer Gods.
The Black King, who is said to have a thousand manifestations on a planetary to even galactic scale was observed by Professor Moriarty at a young age, who left behind a paper. It overlooked the existence of A.Z.T.T, but...
Ah, the Black King. The one who flew from outer space. The dull traces of the God who hides himself. The Knight of the Abyss, the Jet Black Outer God who remade the dark universe to search for the Golden Eyes that flew from outer space to this planet.
After visiting the planet, it is said that it ruled and reigned relatively benignly over those who behaved as its God King. Did you see in the fading illusion the profile of the one from outside that had once disappeared?
Even after the end of ancient times, the Black King did not perish.
Do you remember?
People, he chose to be the only king in the Dark Palace.
But...
It seems that some of those traits have changed in recent years.
What has happened? What did he see? Who did he see?

In 1908, a tall figure summoned out of his shadow a Replica of the Howler-in-Darkness, which the Black King had given a small portion of his original power to, but when was the last time he helped with anything?
People, will you remember?

Will people remember Sharnoth?
The Dark Star, the Black King's Palace.
It is located in the farthest reaches of the universe, far from this star and the planet Kadath. A dark planet that exists in the depths of the cosmos where there are no sun or stars around.
It is where the Black King once sat.
Now it is no one's palace.
A few large manifestations of the Black King may be sleeping there, but that's all, and the time of awakening is not near. That's all there is to it.
But do not forget that, people.
-Shiei no Sona Nyl: Unknown Author Description

We get more statements here about transcending time, but the most important thing is that the Golden Eyes are pieces of A.Z.Z.T who is M's queen, and he is looking for them, makes perfect sense why they are the key to reaching Sharnoth.

Even the Old Ones who M let into Sharnoth through the Gates of Tartarus, never reached M, nothing has ever spiraled up to his being,

People!
People, from now on, let's revive the truth and madness that sleeps in the Abyss.

Will people remember the Old Ones?
Spirits, fairies, and gods. Those of old that were once part of people's lives.
They are not real creatures, only illusions dreamed up by people.
After the Black King flew to this planet, not many of them migrated to the dark star of Sharnoth through the Gates of Tartarus, but it was meaningless. They disappeared like shadows before the light of human civilization, which was advancing and developing. It's a pity.
The world belongs to man.
The world is filled with iron and machines.
There is no room for illusion.-Shiei no Sona Nyl: Unknown Author Description

Once

Once, before the fragile and ephemeral ones had the light of civilization in their hands

There was the Old Ones

Dead spirits, Earth spirits, Faieries, they were all sorts of things

Some were kings who were called gods, but they were too small to give their names to

All those who fancy themselves as being illusions
Those who have been dwarfed and disappeared like a shadow before the dawn of man

Still, they were closer to us than some of you

It was only a dream
If Heisenberg had existed in ancient times, there would have been a different way of being

It's no use nowadays

They have served one of my thousand manifestations well, but none could reach me

I even opened up my dark nebula palace to them, but still

There wasn't even a single one

My Darkness, My Shadow, My Jet Black, nothing has ever spiraled upward to my being, one of the nodes that make up the Dark Universe, and no one has ever risen in rank

Far from its chaos

By that point...-Shiei no Sona Nyl: Dream Wandering

So we know M has thousands of avatars, and even if someone reaches "Sharnoth", they don't necessarily reach the true M

The M we see throughout the events of Shikkoku no Sharnoth is heavily hinted to be nerfing himself, while talking about Dracula, written by Bram Stoker, Heinz states that it wasn't a story about a man and God, but about a man who tied himself down (Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Act 5), and Mary upon hearing that immediately thinks about M. Mary has the Golden Eyes, which are pieces of A.Z.Z.T, which give not only high intelligence, but high analytical abilities, so I think it's clearly being hinted M is nerfing himself. The Web Novel seems to confirm this too, where it's stated the Kruschtya Equation is the bonds he placed on himself

「Silence.」

He pointed his right hand towards the humans,
the 《Illuminati》 members foolishly gathering before him.
  They were finished.
  It'd been tens of thousands of days since he'd last devoured humans.

M tried to remember the taste, and knit his brows.
  Come to think of it, the last time he ate a human, he was told something.
  It was──

「You said your name was Costanzo? I have a question for you.」

「Y-yes, what might it be?」

「Who was the one who used my name to bring Mary Clarissa Christie here?」

「That was me. We've been ordered not to lay hands on the golden eye, but no one ever said we couldn't invite her on a trip. And as you saw, she performed splendidly for us.」

「I see.」

「We even succeeded at riling you up! Black King!」

「Enough. Die.」

He began thinking, releasing the things holding him in a human form.
  He mentally untied the Kruschtya Equation, the bonds he placed on himself.
The moment he held out his "arm" of fantastic black, now that it was allowed to destroy, swallow and massacre all things──Shikkoku no Sharnoth, The Ashen Funeral of Nyhargo

So in conclusion, even if he is 1-A, nothing would contradict it

Edison​

Only thing I could think of is Lily, a non-God defeating Edison, however as her profile, and even the quotes I posted here shows, she did that as a result of the Oblivion Golden Eyes, and as to why that would even help Lily, again there are heavy hints Lily is connected to A.Z.Z.T.

So all in all, don't see any objections for this, provided the evidence is sufficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back