• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weird question, i guess...

So uh, I have a question.

Basically, in this situation, the author of this manga (it's self aware,the characters know that they're fictional apparently) goes into the fictional world he created.

However, he finds out that the characters seem to have forgotten about the past events of the manga.

The new events and the character were something that even the author, who wrote the entire plot of the manga, was unaware of.

Basically, the characters seem to be able to act independently from what the author scripted. From the plot.

Would this grant something to them, like a resistance or an ability, or not?

I don't know the context but I'll try to help.
1- It could be Acausality type 1, but on a plot level, since they aren't effected via the plot elements of the past.
2- Plot manipulation resistance
3- and maybe acausality type 4/5?

I don't think it's type 5 acausality, since the characters can be interacted with...

If this was acausality, i can't figure out what kind of acausality it would be...

I don't think it's type 5 acausality, since the characters can be interacted with...

If this was acausality, i can't figure out what kind of acausality it would be...
As the other said, it plot resistance.
Actually hol up-
Ahem, since the plot also discates their future, yet they were "disconnected from it" and the effect from the past doesn't effect them, they are completely independent from plot, it's not like plot resistance, but more like they don't have plot . Like when objects can't get soul haxed not because they have soul manipulation resistance, but because they don't have souls. But this is different, they are in a sense disconnected and not bound by plot. So maybe plot manipulation and aca4?

Ahem, since the plot also discates their future, yet they were "disconnected from it" and the effect from the past doesn't effect them, they are completely independent from plot, it's not like plot resistance, but more like they don't have plot . Like when objects can't get soul haxed not because they have soul manipulation resistance, but because they don't have souls. But this is different, they are in a sense disconnected and not bound by plot. So maybe plot manipulation and aca4?
Well resistance to Plot Manipulation really just covers all of that

Well resistance to Plot Manipulation really just covers all of that
I know, but this character shouldn't have it for normal means or explain, instead of "they resist plot manipulation abilities" it should be "they are completely independent from plot, and unbounded by it" but that's just my opinion

You can just put that in the justification, like this:

Resistance to Plot Manipulation (Is completely independent of the plot and unbounded by it, often being able to act independently of the plot itself)

It's not a Resistance if they just stoppeed following because there was nothing to follow after.

Idk how to explain it, it's not the first time something crazy like that happens...

One of the characters once cut a manga panel away, and said character was in that page too. Yet he remained unaffected after...

It's as if they can act independently of the plot, as I said.

Last edited:
It's not a Resistance if they just stoppeed following because there was nothing to follow after.
I'll try to make it clear, I hope this helps.
First, I'll begin with some examples to highlight what's happening, then some context.
EEXAMPLS!:
let's imagine plot as...coconcepts, amalgamation of multiple concepts. These concepts would be "fate" "death" "Causality". The everyone has these concepts, thus it's possible to manipulate them for desirable results. [Changing one's fate, causing then to die, or removing the effect from their causes]. If a charaacter suddenly loses said concepts, or later revealed to be unbounded by them [unlike everyone else] then they can't be killed, or have thier fate manipulated since they don't have such concepts [normally not having them doesn't allow you to exist or function]. Now think of those concepts as plot. Plot houses fare, causality and death [just an example], if plot ceases to exist , allvcharacters that depends on it loses their ability to function. But, there is a strange character that can exist even if plot itslef is destroyed or ceased to exist, even having previous feats of being fine and behaving normal even when they are cut, thrown or being outside of plot itself. meaning, they can function properly with the existing of plot, even if it seems cease to exist

That's not what happens here though.

Here they just continue their life even without plot making them do their stuff.

Since plot here is the equivalent of Fate Manipulation, the equivalent with fate would be:

"A guy followed the destiny/prophecy he had, did everything told in it; and now he just enjoy his life".

It's not Resistance, the force of influence just isn't here to force you.

But, there is a strange character that can exist even if plot itslef is destroyed or ceased to exist, even having previous feats of being fine and behaving normal even when they are cut, thrown or being outside of plot itself. meaning, they can function properly with the existing of plot, even if it seems cease to exist
Yeah there is a character in this verse who survived these kinds of situation. I think should've put it in the OP, to give more context.

Here they just continue their life even without plot making them do their stuff.

Since plot here is the equivalent of Fate Manipulation, the equivalent with fate would be:

"A guy followed the destiny/prophecy he had, did everything told in it; and now he just enjoy his life".

But for example, if the force is gone, you are gone too [or at least being unable to do anything at all] like it's treated as something necessary in order for one to exist. and then you suddenly went outside of said force, to the point you are completely unbounded and independent on it. Like you don't have that force at all, then all abilities that use that force in a way will be useless again you,no? [Like losing your soul, but still doing stuff, all soul based attacks would be useless since you lack the soul]

But for example, if the force is gone, you are gone too [or at least being unable to do anything at all] like it's treated as something necessary in order for one to exist. and then you suddenly went outside of said force, to the point you are completely unbounded and independent on it. Like you don't have that force at all, then all abilities that use that force in a way will be useless again you,no? [Like losing your soul, but still doing stuff, all soul based attacks would be useless since you lack the soul]
Those are completely different context.

Here the plot manip clearly is nearer to Fate Manip than Soul, so it's closer to the example I gave above.

The writer created a plot but his creation didn't follow it and became independent from it (they even acknowledged that there is a plot but that plot is something foreign from them). What would this be?

The writer created a plot but his creation didn't follow it and became independent from it (they even acknowledged that there is a plot but that plot is something foreign from them). What would this be?
I think this summarizes what I was trying to say, and but with better words. Thanks.

this resistance manipulation destiny
and from the plot the characters are completely alien to the plot it is not following the course of history this is different from a prophecy because not all verses deal with it. something that governs fate here these characters are already fictional and their stories are designed and written but they ignore it

Back