• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weather Manipulation/Cloud Creation and AP Question

XitSign

He/Him
Very quickfire one, I want people's opinions on this:

"When it appears, even the clearest of skies fill with storm clouds. The thunderbolts that fall when it roars can burn whole forests"

And this is confirmed when you battle it, it's unique attack animation has it drop a lightning bolt from the sky onto you, so Mistrain here IS manipulating storm clouds to use its electrical attacks.

My question is does the way its phrased, "when it appears...skies fill with storm clouds", sound like a KE that could be calcable for regular AP or should this be listed as an Environmental Destruction separate from the normal Attack Potency?

Another bump, this character and other characters of similar power are relevant for an upcoming CRT so I'd love to have an idea of acceptable values and what they'd be applicable to

My interpretation of it would be ED. It depends on the power system of the verse and all I suppose but by default it shouldn't scale to normal attacks.

The verse unfortunately tends to be a bit wonky in that regard, which is why I wanted the opinion. We never get to see it 'fill the sky' as the claim is, we only get to see it mid-battle manipulating it for lightning attacks, so I had no idea how to interpret the phasing.

Thank you for the feedback!

I mean it's less about the potency of the feat and more about the fact that by default this kinda stuff shouldn't scale to physicals. Besides lightning itself is 8-C so if it were an AP feat it'd be one that antifeats itself.

Of course this is only my opinion, and I don't have the full picture.

Think my phrasing might've been a bit off there, I know that by default it's not a physical without more information, that's why my curiosity was peaked by the phrasing.

Had the phrasing implied more KE with the cloud feat, I might've brought it up in the CRT based on other characters attacking with clouds themselves and this possibly scaling via being similar in concept (by that I mean KE cloud stuff), but if it was more likely creation I probably shouldn't even bother and leave it as an ED footnote.

And actually yeah, that is how they scale right now, however other characters who are on par with this character have better feats, so that's why this peaked my curiosity if it should be added to the CRT or if it wasn't relevant, the natural lightning might be the outlier instead here.

Basically I was feeling out if the feat was worth the trouble of making people read through because the CRT is already gonna be loooooooong.

Back