• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We need to talk about Steven Universe's speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizer04

He/Him
I don't want to do this, i made a promise not to make another CRT, yet here i am...

After the several Steven Universe downgrades (that were pretty stupid imo but let's not get into that), no one bothered to pay attention to this speed feat:
1568373722127.jpg

As you can see, Pink Steven was able to effortlessly deflect a direct attack from White Diamond. Remember that her Attack Speed is MFTL+ (it's on her profile so you can't disagree with this).

So, both Pink Diamond and Pink Steven should have their Combat Speed scaled to this value.

3 individual characters performing three different effesct with 3 differents aesthetic (few of them aren't even offensive). That is not enough reason to scale.

Disagreed 100%. For reasons As pointed out by Antoniofer. Going to steal from Sir Oven, but you have to be smoking something good to believe White attack's speed/power against Steven in that scene is in any way comparable Corrupting Light. Who the hell accepted MFTL+ attack speed anyways? Did y'all not see the clip where one of the witnesses hears the light attack coming before the light engulfs the Earth? Isn't the calc being made for this feat going to be at 6-B or something?

Stop the wank.

Did y'all not see the clip where one of the witnesses hears the light attack coming before the light engulfs the Earth?
Dragon Ball characters get blitzed by Solar Flares yet they are massively faster than light, fiction doesn't always follow real world logic you know?
Isn't the calc being made for this feat going to be at 6-B or something?
Arguing about AP in a speed thread, you don't seem very smart my friend...

Don't know how many times I have to reiterate the same point, but the corrupting light is a special attack.

I don't know why you keep peddling it as something that all three Diamonds can do separately. Yellow and Blue don't even use light to attack people. Yellow uses lightning and Blue uses emotional blasts.

And like, your proof is that the corrupting light does what each individual Diamond can do? Yeah, no shit? If I combined sodium and water I get a huge explosion. But separately, they don't explode. You get what I'm saying? The properties of the corrupting light (that being it's lightspeed and the planet encompassing blast) can only be achieved when the three Diamonds are together.

Unless you can prove to me that each Diamond can perform the exact same attack on their lonesome, you can't even begin to argue that they scale to it, much less with their own powers not being beams of light.

People are apparently forgetting that Pink Diamond should scale to heck even ABOVE the diamonds even in attack speed because of pink state Steven and because she is a diamond. Are people forgetting that or are they just biased because they don’t like the statistics of this verse?

People are apparently forgetting that Pink Diamond should scale to heck even ABOVE the diamonds even in attack speed because of pink state Steven and because she is a diamond. Are people forgetting that or are they just biased because they don’t like the statistics of this verse?
I have absolutely no qualms with scaling Pink above White. But I do have a problem with her scaling to MFTL+ based on an attack White can't do by herself.

I have absolutely no qualms with scaling Pink above White. But I do have a problem with her scaling to MFTL+ based on an attack White can't do by herself.
If Pink Diamond is well, a diamond, she should have mftl+ attack speed via power scaling. Shouldn’t be hard to understand

Except that my argument is that the Diamonds should not get MFTL+ individually, hence, Pink Diamond wouldn't get it either.

This is unless you tell me that Pink is stronger than the 3 Diamonds combined. In which case I require proof of such a claim.

Except that my argument is that the Diamonds should not get MFTL+ individually, hence, Pink Diamond wouldn't get it either.
They were using their aura to attack earth though.
This is unless you tell me that Pink is stronger than the 3 Diamonds combined. In which case I require proof of such a claim.
Pink state Steven says hi. Did you suddenly forget about him out of nowhere?

MFTL+ attack speed should be removed until ByAsura completes the calc for this feat, which is estimated to being 6-A as a whole. Each diamond would be 6-B then by simple division. This is going by they launched the attack from the moon. which is far more reasonable and acceptable. MFTL+ won't be on the table at all.
bottom line, we should wait for the calc to be done and evaluated.

and no I like this verse this very much but I hate the wanking. Death Battle made a huge mistake on using this feat in their episode.

They were using their aura to attack earth though.

Pink state Steven says hi. Did you suddenly forget about him out of nowhere?
Forgot about the ending, yeah. Ok so Pink State is stronger than all three Diamonds, but that does not mean we can assume he should scale to the corrupting light fully.

Like, the corrupting light is an attack that no individual Diamond can do on their own, not even Pink. She would scale above the other Diamonds in their base, yeah, but not higher than the corrupting light.

I need to stress that the corrupting light is separate from every Diamond. It is an attack that should not scale to anyone unless they have directly dodged it or performed it on their own, which to my knowledge, no one canonically has.

Dear god, i'm so tired of arguing with this people...

The Corruption Attack is just the three Diamonds attacks made at the same time. It has the same effects and everything.

Last edited:
And the attack wanst fired from the Moon, it was fired from f*cking Homeworld.

Get that through your damn thick skull, i'm tired of explaining this again...

Touching a hot kettle and touching an open flame have the same effect: I get burnt. However, they are not the same object.

The Diamonds very blatantly cannot perform the corrupting light by themselves evident by the fact that all three of them need to be together to even reverse the effects. So why on Earth would they scale to an attack they literally cannot do without being together? And you still did not respond to my point about Yellow and Blue not using light-based attacks in their fights. Yellow uses lightning and Blue uses empathic waves. They are not in any way similar to a beam of light.

Touching a hot kettle and touching an open flame have the same effect: I get burnt. However, they are not the same object.
This has nothing to do with anything, it's not even a good comparision...
The Diamonds very blatantly cannot perform the corrupting light by themselves evident by the fact that all three of them need to be together to even reverse the effects.
Ehem...

This has nothing to do with anything, it's not even a good comparision...
I'm explaining to you how merely having the same effect is not indicative of literally being the same thing.
Congrats, you've shown me a scan of Yellow literally supporting my point. She can't reverse what all three of them did.

And you still did not respond to my point about Yellow and Blue not using light-based attacks in their fights. Yellow uses lightning and Blue uses empathic waves. They are not in any way similar to a beam of light.
You have yet again dodged this point so good job.

Congrats, you've shown me a scan of Yellow literally supporting my point. She can't reverse what all three of them did.
She can reverse the effects of her own light, the Corruption Light as i said is only the Diamonds releasing their lights at the same time.

I don't understand why I have to reiterate the same points over and over again. Just because the 3 Diamonds have abilities, that when combined, cause Gems to be corrupted, it does not mean that their same abilities separate would scale to their combined powers.

Especially since the combined attack is literally leagues above any other speed feat in the series that isn't travel speed.

MFTL+ attack speed should be removed until ByAsura completes the calc for this feat, which is estimated to being 6-A as a whole. Each diamond would be 6-B then by simple division. This is going by they launched the attack from the moon. which is far more reasonable and acceptable. MFTL+ won't be on the table at all.
bottom line, we should wait for the calc to be done and evaluated.

and no I like this verse this very much but I hate the wanking. Death Battle made a huge mistake on using this feat in their episode.
I’m down to do this. What do you think, @Sir_Ovens?

Go ahead, i dare you. I'll be glad to debunk all your crap.
Vizer, with all due respect, you are being very dismissive. I've made responses to all your points and made points of my own and you have yet to respond to everything I've said.

At risk of this turning into a back and forth that will go nowhere, I will ping unbiased parties and get their opinion.

@Agnaa @AKM sama @Hl3_or_bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back