• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Water Creation is not a calcable feat

this is a feat of something being created from nothing. I.e. a creation
Technically this isn't the case. He's conversting his chakra (energy) into water, so it's not necessarily creation out of nothing in the traditional sense. I am unsure if that changes much though, just thought I'd point it out.

I'm none too smart about the calculation side of things, but I do think Ricsi is correct here. This would be like trying to calculate how much water a Pokémon could create out of thin air when it uses Surf or Whirlpool or something like that on land, which luckily no one has tried to do yet.

Well anyway, since this is pretty much conclued, I think condensation, KE and PE can be used then. Is this something we just write on some page? Water creation is very common in fiction

Water creation can come from a lot of ways. And so are other ways in creating objects or even sentient underlings.

However, most elemental magicians that can summon elemental underlings have their own power levels whose attack energy is irrelevant against the energy level required to pick up soil or water or fire or other "elements" to create them in a scientific way. Not to mention creating sentient underlings can involve life creation where life creation itself is hax.

Do not get me wrong: true matter creation from pure energy has energy yields. And very easily calculated. Just the yield will be too arbitrary for attack potency standing.

Well anyway, since this is pretty much conclued, I think condensation, KE and PE can be used then. Is this something we just write on some page? Water creation is very common in fiction
But again, do note that the timeframe matters for KE.

Well, for KE you would either calculatge the speed the water moved to create the dome, or how fast it was moving while Kisame swam.

In both cases, KE is 0.5*[mass of water]*[distance it crossed over a second, in m/s]^2

If it took 5 seconds, then the speed would be a fifth of the radius.

Bruh

I've done dozens of calcs since idk, 2018? I pretty much know what KE is.

I know, but same logic would've applied to creation, since you would still need to get joules/sec, not the stamina of a character.

We've already discussed this. It's not a general rule, it depends on the source energy and how it works.

I still think GPE’s the best method for this situation.

Though KE isn’t a bad alternative either.

I mean, the GPE and the KE of the summoned underling itself can be used, but the creation process itself, while still should be comparable to condensing a cloud, can be arbitrary in use unless (like other cloud feats, should be) examined with the story plot at the time.

I agree. If we don't create any specific rules for cloud creation, and always use CAPE or condensation, then for water creation should be the samething, unless we are nittpicking.

If you'd like, I can re-calculate the feat through GPE for Kisame.

For Nanatsu no Taizai, I'm not so sure about GPE being the best method for that. I'll have to re-investigate the feat.

If you'd like, I can re-calculate the feat through GPE for Kisame.

For Nanatsu no Taizai, I'm not so sure about GPE being the best method for that. I'll have to re-investigate the feat.
I would argue if the summoned object is an inanimate object, the GPE of the object created should be a rough estimate. If the summoned object is a sentient underling, then the KE or scaled striking strength of the underling should be a better estimate.

Nevertheless if one can use energy to condense cloud and the cloud feat can be used as a AP feat, summoning of an object made with water with mass should yield similar... Just like other feats, it can be discarded by other counter feats which can be a problem... Wait this may potentially discard a lot of calculations of storm feats if there is no other feat to support the storm feats.

So what are the conclusions here so far?

The method currently being used for Tarmiel from Nanatsu no Taizai and Kisame from Naruto don't appear to be valid. Re-calculating the feats is currently being discussed through other methods, such as Potential Energy or Kinetic Energy.

If the attacks doesn't possesses feats by themselves, then is better choose KE (stuff like aoe also applies at the moment to evaluate individual damage).

If you don't know the speed it's probably better to use PE or something else, after all you'd just be assuming the speed

PE is not really useful unless the mass itself is falling, otherwise its a motionless and harmless body of matter; if it's that, then it would fall under the rules of creation AP.

PE is not really useful unless the mass itself is falling, otherwise its a motionless and harmless body of matter; if it's that, then it would fall under the rules of creation AP.
Wouldn't keeping all of the water up in a bubble instead of allowing it to spread out be something that PE can be used for?

The method currently being used for Tarmiel from Nanatsu no Taizai and Kisame from Naruto don't appear to be valid. Re-calculating the feats is currently being discussed through other methods, such as Potential Energy or Kinetic Energy.
Okay. Thank you for the summary.

Wouldn't keeping all of the water up in a bubble instead of allowing it to spread out be something that PE can be used for?
Would rather leave as Lifting Strength. Unless the mass had fell over someone, PE is not really relevant, as the character can simply create the "bubble" at higher or lower heights: trapping someone in a 3 meters radius 5 or 100 meters above the ground does not really change anything.

Would someone actually flip into the anime and determine the time period and basically what actually happened otherwise?

7 seconds last I checked, and Kisame performs the handseals, and starts spitting aj immense amount of water out.

Dude, forget the feat. Only Damage knows about Naruto. Don't even try to recalculate it, we'll not use it.

I'll create a thread to address the Nanatsu no Taizai feat and see what the characters should scale to once that is removed.

Can somebody remind me what has been decided here please? Also, should I send notifications to any calc group members or DontTalk?

Can somebody remind me what has been decided here please? Also, should I send notifications to any calc group members or DontTalk?
We decided to remove the couple of calcs that use this method. There discussions up above about possible alternatives such as using GPE of the created water.

Okay, so I do not have to ask more members for help then?

Back