• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Water Bear" Page Remake

After noticing how this page seemed so inaccurate, I decided to remake it. Here it is.

There are many misconceptions on "water bears", and the page seemed so painfully inaccurate. Would my revised version be okay?

Many of the notes are rather unecessary.

If there are common misconceptions, the page itself should be a testament against that.

Your revision of the page seems to have some minor issues. Intelligence should be Animalistic.

Can you provide sources for surviving in a Vacuum? There is no living creature who can reliably do so indefinitly. Same with the other resistances while in Cryptobiosis.

Plus I don't really see the need for an entire key for Cryptobiosis, as that's something a Water Bear can enter depending on the environment around them; and should just be listed under regular AP/Dura/etc.

Also: I have edited Intelligence.

Another also: They cannot survive all of that crap indefinitely.

Its durability should still be below average human, because we use an energy based system. It should just be noted that its small size and high pressure resistance makes it hard to impart enough energy to crush it, even if its durability could be overcome.

Blahblah9755 said:
Its durability should still be below average human, because we use an energy based system. It should just be noted that its small size and high pressure resistance makes it hard to impart enough energy to crush it, even if its durability could be overcome.
Noted. Thank you. I have made some changes.

The real cal howard said:
Why does this even have a page?
Because someone wanted to make a page for the Water Bear, I assume. Same reason most other pages are made.

Yeah, but does it even qualify as being worth having on a site like this? I mean, we do have standards. Adam Conover, Squirrel Girl, and the Old Spice profiles were deleted for a reason.

Yeah, but does it even qualify as being worth having on a site like this? I mean, we do have standards. Adam Conover, Squirrel Girl, and the Old Spice profiles were deleted for a reason.
Search up "Real Life" on the VSB and you'll see dozens of pages like the Tardigrade.

Apparetly, according to ant, the reason adam conover got deleted was due to the fact live action TV characters using CGI effects isn't actual powers Even though Nova is an educational series of similar nature and it has a high 1-C feat

The latter was moved to JokesBattles wiki for being, well, a joke advertisement profile.

The water bear, like most 10-C profiles, has plenty of interesting abilities and is worth bringing to this site.

Just because it's not impressive physically doens't mean it's not worth having a profile. I don't see how it violates any of our standards, and if it does, please direct me to the rules that prevent it from being posted.

With that logic, I can go and add the Brady Bunch to the wiki. The profile doesn't correlate to what VSBW or versus debating in general stands for. Pick pretty much any profile here and you can correlate it back to the idea of versus debating. Be it dimensional tiering or any sort of conflict in the series or etc. Even 10-B or 10-C profiles.

Funnily enough, there are files from some anime at 10-B with their only power being cooking or something, so there's that. Also some IRL insect files.

With that logic, I can go and add the Brady Bunch to the wiki. The profile doesn't correlate to what VSBW or versus debating in general stands for. Pick pretty much any profile here and you can correlate it back to the idea of versus debating. Be it dimensional tiering or any sort of conflict in the series or etc. Even 10-B or 10-C profiles.
This is an indexing site, not a VS Debating site. Profiles aren't supposed to be hand-tailored to something which isn't even the expressed purpose of the site.

The Water Bear has plenty of abilities to make it unique from other bugs/insects/what have not. It's certainly not a regular human.

I ask again, where is this against the rules?

Firstly, semantics. I agree it got revamped into what it is now but it's still in the name and we're still in the group of sites listed under versus debating. And it doesn't change my point. The profiles still have to be notable enough to be listed in the first place. We're not an encyclopedia that has to index anything that's remotely not human.

There are files for people who are literally just regular humans who are good at cooking, for some reason. I'll see if I can find them.

Firstly, semantics.
The purpose of this wiki is to index the statistics of characters from a wide variety of different fictional franchises.

The VS Battles Wiki is mainly a site that attempts to index the statistics of characters across many different fictional franchises.

However, as the site name implies, we also allow our members to pit fictional characters against each other in hypothetical matchups for entertainment purposes.

What?

Firstly, semantics. I agree it got revamped into what it is now but it's still in the name and we're still in the group of sites listed under versus debating. And it doesn't change my point. The profiles still have to be notable enough to be listed in the first place. We're not an encyclopedia that has to index anything that's remotely not human.
https://imgur.com/a/mpRmpTk

Cal, by your logic every 10-C profile without hax should be removed from the site.

We have the Tier for a reason. There are plenty of fights that can happen in it, and diversifying the Tier makes that possible, if you still want to push forward the imaginary idea that all profiles are made for the expressed purpose of VS matches.

We're getting off track.

@Dargoo As for the key for cryptobiosis, if I didn't add that, it would be back to people assuming that they are practically "immortal" no matter what.

Kuroiha said:
We're getting off track.

@Dargoo As for the key for cryptobiosis, if I didn't add that, it would be back to people assuming that they are practically "immortal" no matter what.
Maybe it'd be better to note it as a power/notable technique.

Blahblah9755 said:
Kuroiha said:
We're getting off track.

Maybe it'd be better to note it as a power/notable technique.
Hm. Would it really? I don't really know though...

If it's like that then why not just delete the whole real world page while you're at it? A water bear is a genuine thing that lives, not some joke fictional character.

Back