• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wasn't it agreed that the My Little Pony Alicorns were NOT actually Star Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought them moving the Sun was considered a Hax and not a sign of their raw abilities, since they never show power even remotely approaching that level beyond that one feat and infact, seem to show far LESS (Cadence and Twilight struggling against something like the Tatzulworm when logically, a Star Level entity should be completely unthreatened by a mere animal)

"Should be unthreatened by a mere animal"

What?! Dude, we have solar system busting cats, this is fiction, what they are is irrelevant.

Twilight and Cadence having a hard time facing the Tatzelwurm is either PIS, or the Tatzelwurm is more powerful than it looks, neither would surprise me.

To be honest, considering Cadnece's Daughter is the strongest Alicorn in the show when at full potential, a random monster overpowering an Alicorn isn't surprising.

It's a mere animal by the standards of the setting

Yeah... That thread had a LOT of problems. Primarily that it's key feat (Nightmare Moon moving the stars) was NOT actually her doing. As Twilight said "The stars will AID in her escape)

It also treated both the comics and the journal of the two sisters as canon, even when the show made it clear they're not, and it ignores the fact that (Like the Tatzulwurm thing) the Alicorns REGULARLY struggle against Low Tier threats. Once or twice is PIS, regularly is something else.

Plus it ignores this point by a user on the thread:

"As an example, a host of no-name daemons in 40k can warp an entire solar system's general area, causing all kinds of reality warping havoc. However, this is never shown to be focused into their direct combat power, and normal weapons work fine against them. This means that while the feat definitely happened, it is probably not a good way to judge their tiering. Thus another character replicating this feat would also have to be questioned about scaling to it.

However, as I said, if Celestia has something that is a straight up 4-B combat feat (turning someone into a constellation) and it is all her, that is perfectly valid."

And in the show, she does not. Only in the comics, which are provably non-canon.

The idea of their feats being "unquantifiable hax" was agreed to be illegitimate in the thread linked above.

We still came to a conclusion without any of the stuff you're complaining about, so you're not really adding anything new.

@Lunacorva

Your entire appeal is one to absurdity even though basic power-scaling dictates that the Ponies should get the scaling.

Generally speaking, we tend to ignore plot over feats since authors generally don't know the magnitude of what they're writing about.

Otherwise we'd have things like Street level and barely Superhuman Mega Man even though he's dodged lasers that can cross the asteroid belt in seconds and created black holes.

As others have stated, MLP has several Planetary and Stellar feats. Low ends like struggling with destroying a cloud or fighting basic monsters is PIS in its clearest form. Even Luna's casual feats have all be City level to Mountain level+, with Rainbow Dash having a casual City-Mountain level feat as a filly, and an Island level feat as a mare, so the "struggle against animals" is in no way a valid argument.

Okay, this is a new but related thing, (Don't worry, you've convinced me of the previous points), but does being able to move the sun really mean that you produce the same energy as a star? I thought a star had more energy output than just it's weight.

@Lunacorva

It's more the kinetic energy aspect then the star's output.

Moving that much mass takes a lot of energy. I believe the calc measures that.

No, our Attack Potency ratings measure how much energy it would take to destroy something, with the amount of energy a character is able to put out being based on feats.

Huh. Now I'm curious, what WOULD the AP of someone who had the full energy output of the sun be?

@Lunacorva

According to Google, the average output of the sun is 3.8*10^23 Ergs/s = 5*10^23 Horsepower = 3.7285*10^26 Joules, which is roughly Multi-Continent level according to our Attack Potency Chart.

Anyways, since this seems to be answered, I think I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back