• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warframe Upgrades

Talonmask

VS Battles
Retired
I feel this to be necessary before the creation of new pages within the verse as it applies to Every character under the Tenno category including The Operator and even Stalker to avoid cluttering the recent activity feed.

These are things that should be added:

Immunity to Soul Manipulation - Here we have Nekros, a Warframe that manipulates souls and the dead. While capable of punching out the souls of those he targets with his ability Soul Punch, he is also able to absorb the ones of those he kills or are those killed near him through his passive known as Soul Siphon, this, by extension allows him to manipulate said souls to raise copies of the dead in the form of shadows to fight for him. (Warframes & Stalker, not Operator)

However, the problem lies in the fact that he is unable to gain this benefit nor can he use this ability to raise other Warframes, suggesting that they had no soul to begin with.

Energy and Life Absorption - The former is a basic function of Warframes and allows them to use their powers, the latter is achieved through the usage of melee and the Life Strike mod. (Warframes and possibly Stalker, however he has not shown the ability to use these)

Energy Projection - Every Warframe can channel, which is the process of converting energies from their energy pool to enhance their physical output, in addition to completely disintegrating their targets on the atomic level at minimum, the level of disintegration is supported by Nekros' inability to Desecrate (complete decomposition) his targets for health or loot.

Resistance to Mind Control - This is Nyx, she manipulates the minds of her targets and is able to take control of them, however, she is unable to manipulate other Warframes and instead will only prevent them from harming her, but they still possess the ability to harm her allies or inhibit her, demonstrating their ability to not bend to her whim. (Warframes, Stalker, and The Operator)

Matter Manipulation - Warframes can manipulate their targets and change their bodies into intangible energy without contact. (Warframes, possibly Stalker)

Pseudo-Flight - Bullet Jumping allows gliding over short distances. (Warframes, possibly Stalker)

That covers abilities, now for stats:

Possible Reactions/Combat Speed Upgrade - The Warframes possess the ability to deflect the weapon known as Opticor from melee distance or point blank, and is described as firing a blast of "light energy". This can be supported by the weapon being "nigh-hitscan" and is listed to have infinite range by in-game standards.

In short, we have a possibly SoL weapon being blocked at an extremely close distance.

Any thoughts?

For the abilities, it seems pretty alright enough.

Not sure about the speed one, tho. Just really unsure. Then again i don't play the series so i can't really be sure of that one. Would like to see what the others think.

I'm with Cross. The abilities seem fine but I am uncertain of the speed. I'd prefer other calc members or more knowledgable members of this game to evaluate that.

I'm actually bumping this because it seems really interesting.

Now the main reason why i'm really unsure of the speed upgrade is because the way you (the OP, Talonmask) described it as doesn't seem to get me so much for it being an actual SoL attack. It's just not clicking enough to me. Is there any other info of this beam being of actual SoL speed? If so, i might actually agree with it.

I still agree on the abilities. They seem fine and alright enough if that's how things work for the Warframe characters.

Should this be like highlighted or something? I mean this is something that does require adding stuff to the verses characters and there is the talk of weather they have possible SoL reactions and combat speed or not?

So far 3 people are alright with the abilities being added, it's the speed one that needs to be looked and talked about a bit more...

I agree with the abilities but the light energy stuff seems iffy. The Photon beam stuff seems legit though.

This is assuming Opticor travels in a direct, straight line.

Looking at the description for Opticor, it states that it is a:

Corpus laser cannon introduced in Update 15.0.
Regarding the bolded part, if we are to treat the laser as actual light [which seems to have infinite range], we would have to change the speed of the warframes to:

Speed: At least Relativistic+ reactions/combat speed

This depends on how far the beam was fired before being reflected though.

So it's now 4 who are alright with the abilities at least then...alright.

@Lina: That's if we treat it as actual light, yes? But we'd only rate them as "At least Relativistic+ reactions/combat speed" but even then, that depends how far the beam is fired before being reflected, huh...hmm, alright.

Keep in mind that Relativistic+ is a general lowball, just to be safe.

If the beam was fired at really close range and the Warframe moved a considerable distance, it could even be a FTL feat, although we usually treat light/beam dodging feats as Relativistic+.

Well for one, only 4 people technically commented on the abilities one at least. All of staff but not enough IMHO to have the go on adding them. Seems way too small for me to let it happen just yet.

I'd want about maybe 3 more on it at the very least maybe. Just to help this out, i'm going to highlight this and see what happens.

5 people so far that are fine with at least the abilities being added. Just gotta get more...

Also i saw your conversation with Lina about the speed of the laser thing earlier, Talon. I think it's fine enough if Lina says that Relativistic+ is safe enough, though i want to hear what the others think of it.

To those who are wondering about i said, here's the thread of where Talon had her talk with Lina about the laser speed thing. What seems to be discussed in the end in that thread is that Relativistic+, possibly higher could be used. Any thoughts on this? @All others here

I agree about adding the abilities, but would prefer a calculation for the speed feat.

Well, in case it cannot be properly evaluated in terms of exact distance, I suppose that "Possibly Relativistic+ or higher" might be used, with an explanation.

It can be deflected at really close distances, but if that is the safest we can be with it then I have no issue with a possibly rating.

I suppose "Possibly Relativistic+" is alright enough if Lina is okay with that.

So now there's about 6 (might be 7 if Lina also agrees with the abilities being added but i haven't seen him comment on that yet). Even then, the only people who commented here are surprisingly that of staff...how the heck only the staff commented on this is beyond me but okay....okay~

I would think this is enough input for the edits to happen on this? If Ant or anyone says it else is fine, then i'll let Talonmask do her edits of this and perhaps the speed too as well.

If there's no problems with the abilities or speed, then I guess I'll start updating the pages soon.

Back