• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wamasu and Wispmothers problems

I was looking through all the Elder Scrolls profiles. A few of them are kinda messy but that's perfectly understandable and I can get past them; but these two profiles are just too messy for me to avoid. Perfect example "Wispmother

Lifting strength: irrelevant"

Irrelevant lifting strength is for 1-A characters; I get what the profile was trying to say; but just list it as unknown.

As for the wisp stamina: "irrelevant for ghost" not only is this messy but it's not true. You have to prove ghost lack the ability to get tired and it should be rated as limitless if they truly don't get tired.

The standard equipment should just be removed; if you lack objects you don't say it's irrelevant, you say they don't have any (standard equipment: none)

Now onto the biggest problem: the wamasu

Its profile is all over the place. First, it has Regenerationn but no level of Regenerationn; is it low, mid-low, or high-low? Plasma manipulation shouldn't have the note about being combine with lightning attacks as that is unnecessary information and probably isn't even worded correctly. Weather manipulation should just be removed, it doesn't control the weather it just makes favorable conditions for those weathers. And it probably should have non combat applicable statistics amplification due to getting stronger during lightning storms.

Onto its ap justification, (as much as I hate to say this) that's not small city level. Supporting a small city is thousands of times inferior than actually being a city (like how Hercules can hold the entire atmosphere yet is only island level, but destroying the atmosphere is 6-B or 6-A). So destroying that support shouldn't compare to destroying the city. Also the way it destroyed the support makes it seem more like a chain react rather than the city being destroyed all at once. Even if it was small city level, it's reasoning is bloated. Just say he threatened to melt the support of a city; the stuff about the pirates and the location are meaningless.

Its speed justification is also bloated; now I do remember a Wamasu fought someone who could dodge its lightning so his speed is probably legit unlike its ap, but just say it can attack and react to natural electricity, the rest of the information is unnecessary and nonsensical.

"Of course, they are lightning incarnates, so they should have reflexes as fast as lightning"

That makes no sense and isn't even correct as we've had characters be light incarnate but be vastly slower.

It's striking strength justification doesn't justify its striking strength and should be changed to fight other Wamasu.

It's durability justification doesn't justify its durability either as master mages are 7-C. The Wamasu's lightning constantly flows through its body so just change the durability justification to something about that.

The original durability justification should be changed to a stamina justification, though considering how vastly superior the Wamasu is to most mages and Warriors (unless it gets downgraded), it probably won't be accurate.

Standard Equipment should just be removed; they don't have any.

Intelligence: They are super reptile monsters with a very predatory, territorial nature.

The part I bold annoys me so much, just say they have a predatory, territorial nature, them being lizards has nothing to do with it.

If I sounded rude throughout this post I'm sorry, but I've seen admin call profiles sh*t straight to the people that made the profiles so it could be a lot worse.

I will make changes, thanks to your minor suggestions.

I put Regenerationn there, because healing does not apply to a creature. I refuse to put what type of Regenerationn, because there is no concrete info about it as I noticed other profiles have done the same.Wamasu does have the ability of locally altering the weather, which it create foggy enviroment to amplify its lightning power. I have noticed it in ESO, but I will change this into minor weather manipulation

The Wamasu can destroy the rock layer under the City. The rock foundation is definitely way tougher than destroying the city on the surface. The captain worries that its mere presence is enough to melt the rock sediments underneath the cave. I put more description on the city to get people understanding how big is the city along with the rock foundation beneath it. Additionally, Wamasus were called "Dragons" as anyone killed one of them having status equate to hero-hood. I noticed a TES profile (The Dovahkiin) provides the Low 7-B ranking for just a dragon. The reasoning is applicable.

Speed for Wamasu should be higher than mages, which one of their kind enters a fortress leaving unscathed. It is reasonable that Wamasus should react against magical attacks.

Striking and Durability should scale with Tier.

The TES monsters are no ordinary monsters. I do best as being as descriptive as possible.

You should not call people shit. I feel angry a lot of times, but I still act in reasonable manner to offer suggestive changes.

I'll comment later but you miss understood my last point. I wasn't calling your profile shit, I was saying that admins have called other profiles shit straight to the makers and that I apologize if I come off like that.

Ok I'm actually not going to where I thought I was going, so I have time to comment.

If they can heal but you don't know what level, a recent revision may help with that as you could put that the level is unknown next to the Regenerationn.

If they do cause the fog, and don't just attract it due to their lightning, than minor Weather manipulation is fine (pretty much the same reason Priscilla has it). And if the fog can be created quickly than their statistics Amplification would be combat applicable.

I was actually really sad to say they should be downgraded because I love Wamasus, so if the support they destroy was nearly as big as the city and was down in manner that wasn't a chain reaction than I'm fine with them being small city level. However, it could still be less bloated, it should more be about what it destroyed not the location or why it was going to be destroyed (like mentioning the pirates is unnecessary). As for the dragon stuff, I'm pretty sure that's not literally, just an comparison the people have made due to how the Wamasu act and how dangerous they are.

Just remove the last line on the speed justification and it should be fine (I haven't read the profile since I started typing this so I don't know what it currently looks like).

Your suggestion of striking and durability work fine.

What type of monster they are really doesn't matter for these profiles. Yes I love Wamasus but pointing out they are super lizard monsters waste space on already pretty long profiles.

Once again sorry if I come off as rude, I'm glad the Wamasus even have a profile, thank you for that.

(Also I see that you did edit the profiles, sorry for any inconvenience)

I have made modifications. Check again, if you see any inconveniences.

I want to say about AP for Wamasu. One more point. I put it around Small City Level because this creature is legendary and very tough to kill. A citadel of mages can't even kill it, and it took hundred of people to kill one of it. A Dragon is as difficult as Wamasu in this respect. Low 7-B is reasonable enough, unless Ultima or Matthew explains their differing opinion. High 8-C is definitely no way in hell for Wamasus.

Yeah, now that you've explained the ap low 7-B is perfectly fine.

I think statistics amplification would be fine to add, but yes everything else is fine now. Thank you so much.

I don't see the point in their existence. Im not a fan of KongKing's very loose powerscaling and I asked him to consult me before making profiles.

I can see why the Wamasu could have a profile considering how dangerous of a creature it seems to be and not all profiles need to 'have a point', but I do think the Wispmother isn't really necessary and that both profiles (and many others) need to be revised.

Edit: Didn't the Wamasu threaten to destroy a city (not sure if it truly is low 7-B (I personally doubt it is)) but that does sound important enough to have a profile.

Yeah that's what I was assuming; low 7-B wasn't sitting right with me. I still feel like it could have a profile but it probably should be deleted for now so it can be heavy edit. (Also can you read over some of the other profiles, when you have the time, I would prefer you reviewed them so they are both correct and of decent quality (Mercer Frey is a good example of something I feel could be looked over)).

Matthew Schroeder said:
The best feat for a Wamasu is destroying a fortress wall.
Putting Wamasu as equal as Giants feels not right for me. I thought of putting Wamasus at 7-C for the best. Not to mention that the fortress has bunch of mages, and they can't even scratch it.

Back