• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses than fell from grace

KHR
like i know about the author being rushed but it is impossible to justify that final arc, like i get it most final arcs in shonen have problems but most of those also have god tier saving graces, reborn final arc ain't nothing but wasted hype

Baki is a weird case... Disappointing moments happen more and more the more you go into the manga, but there are still so many cool moments that I wouldn't call it fallen from case.

Similarly, I feel like Kengan got a bit over its head with the latest issues of Omega, but it's not that much of a fall from grace, as it is still good, just not as much as before.

Assassin's Creed however has been disappointing me a lot. I'll admit that I very much prefer when the game was a bit more on the realistic side and wasn't a RPG. As of recently, AC feels just like a generic fantasy world to me.

I enjoyed Valhalla but it shouldnt have been an Assassins Creed game, I think if they wanna do RPGs based in the same world as AC that would be fine and could make for some cool content but thats so long as they go back to making actual AC games and call the RPGs something else.

They have a cool world so I get wanting to use it in a RPG setting as well but yeah should be called something else and still release actual AC games.

I enjoyed Valhalla but it shouldnt have been an Assassins Creed game, I think if they wanna do RPGs based in the same world as AC that would be fine and could make for some cool content but thats so long as they go back to making actual AC games and call the RPGs something else.

They have a cool world so I get wanting to use it in a RPG setting as well but yeah should be called something else and still release actual AC games.
Exactly my point.

The games are good, but... They aren't AC anymore. They don't have even vaguely the same "feel" to them.

I’ve heard this one before. What happened?
It's underrated because EA had chose really poor timing to release the game, when it was released, there were new games for CoD and Battlefield, so TF2 was shoved under the rug.

Later on, after the success of Apex, Respawn moved it's main focus to that game and the only TF2 related thing they did from time to time is drop references or hint at Titanfall 3 (I'll talk about this later)

Somewhere around June, Titanfall 1 and 2 were attacked by hackers, who made the games virtually unplayable as you could not load the servers at all. And as of now, there are only 2 people in Respawn working on fixing the servers, and all that talk about Titanfall 3 really was Respawn just feeding false hope to fans imo.

So as of now, both games are kinda dead in terms of their multiplayers, and Respawn is still putting TF1 up for sale despite the fact it's servers are broken, meaning Respawn is selling a broken game and can't be bothered to fix it.

Calling Valhalla good is... pushing it to say the least. Calling Odyssey good is... heresy.

The combat was considerably clunky and all over the place. There's a stamina bar there for no reason other than to replicate Soulsborne shenanigans which clearly haven't worked out for this one. At least it's better than Odyssey's damage sponge bullshit, but it's still a far cry from a proper combat system like in For Honor, Batman Arkham, DMC, Middle Earth Shadow or Yakuza 0/Lost Judgment-esque types of games.

AC being a RPG really doesn't do any favors to the core mechanics of the franchise (The mere "choice" aspect of the game is already violating the lore established by the Animus whose main purposes is to revisit the past that's already happened, not to alter it for your own personal views). Valhalla has had one of the worst movement systems I've ever ******* seen in my life (Its "modified" parkour system is hilariously bad and tenfold worse than the dumbed-down parkour Origins had, which itself is a massive downgrade from the parkour in the previous titles), the game is still riddled with bugs and glitches, the voice acting and facials are just downright horrible, and the story itself feels like a repetitive checklist with the same fetch-kill-quest ideology ingrained in it, barely any side-quest even remotely tries to hold its own anymore (So much for innovation). Doesn't help much since Odyssey effectively butchered both Assassin and Isu lore. Don't even get me started on the repetitive mission scenarios or the endless lazy reuse of assets. Or the Pyramids being built over 2180 years after their actual date of construction.

Valhalla does try to harken back to Assassin roots considerably more so, but the open-ended Viking nature of the game really doesn't help it get anywhere, and the Isu aspect of the game sort of... detracts heavily from it. It's as if the game is trying to cater to the Isu side more than to the Assassin side and completely ignores the importance the history had where the conflict literally hinged on two sides with their own ideologies making you question your own morals and making decisions on compromise, which are now basically reduced to "haha get McGuffin device and stop bad guys from getting access to it from doing evil world conquering device".

Last edited:
Ubisoft in general and most famous game company have fallen out of grace
But it was basically Ubisoft that literally jumpstarted the investigations into said video game companies regarding their horrible abuse of power and abuse of the sanctity of human lives.

And while they focus on other companies they might've sadly forgotten that Ubisoft was the main instigator, and might have ignored their crimes as well in favor of the bigger crimes, without maintaining equal scrutiny for both.

Monseiur, I have some... bad news.

You can't return back to the olden days. Desiliets is gone. Jade Raymond is gone. Corey May is gone. Raphael Lacoste (The main art director of AC) is gone. Darby McDevitt (The writer behind Revelations and Black Flag) is gone. All the old AC lore experts, they're gone, they left Ubisoft. The verse is effectively narratively dead.

Recently, Ubisoft games just lack a soul, every time they announce a new release I'm vastly underwhelmed. The only recent game that got a reaction out of me was Far Cry 6, and that was because because of Anton Castillo and I'll bravely say he carried the game.

Anyway, if I were to pick one that fell from grace, Warhammer Fantasy (strictly Fantasy, not Age of Sigmar). The way the verse ended was so hamfisted and rushed that everyone basically hated the End Times. Halo is kind of getting there but I'll wait and see if Infinite blows doubters out of the water. Same with Mass Effect.

The combat was considerably clunky and all over the place. There's a stamina bar there for no reason other than to replicate Soulsborne shenanigans which clearly haven't worked out for this one.
I was under the impression they were trying to emulate Witcher more than Soulsborne, was a larger slog than any Souls game I've played.

I was under the impression they were trying to emulate Witcher more than Soulsborne, was a larger slog than any Souls game I've played.
Plus they removed the Charged attack and the rapid attacks that you could do in Origins by holding the attack buttons which I also ******* hated, since those are now locked behind adrenaline bars for no reason.

Valhalla claims to be more grounded yet still has the Sparta kick under the "name" of "Kick of Tyr", and has some other bullshit abilities justified to be usable by Eivor without needing any Piece of Eden to show for it (Yes, acknowledging that Runes are a literal magic thing now, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay grounded realism history simulation). Heck, fall damage comes back but it's nowhere near as severe as the older games (You could literally jump from over 54 meters in this game and you'd be none the wiser, you lose only less than 25% of your health, and this is while using a full-power heavy attack from a cliffside into the floor).

Not only that, the stealth is just painfully ******* broken to the point where enemies can see you through walls regardless of what Stealth Difficulty you put up. They literally will not spot you even if you shoot an arrow beside them, not unless you go into them or end up behind a wall, for some reason. Literally the only thing they had to do was copy-paste the stealth from Origins and they failed even at that.

Even worse, you can't even use your melee weapons from horses anymore, only kicks. Like that does anyone any favors.

40k has always been a bit on the trash side imo ever since the people in charge had a hard-on for Space Marines than literally anything else. Imagine getting new Space Marines with every release while the Necrons, Orks, and Chaos Daemon fans only get a fraction of that over long periods of time, not to mention the giant turd Matt Ward left in the universe when GW committed the warcrime of allowing him to write a codex for it.

I disagree with MCU, not so much that I think it's good or amazing but it doesn't really have any tangible failure that could make one confidently say it fell from grace. Are many people just jaded or tired of it? Of course, but that doesn't necessarily mean a fall from grace.

Hell, What-If is doing great, and yes that counts for MCU, and the other spin-offs are doing decently well.

Speaking of film franchises, I think the Terminator franchise is definitely ******* gone. The last one bombed really ******* bad, and I doubt we'll ever see another Terminator within the foreseeable future.

40k has always been a bit on the trash side imo ever since the people in charge had a hard-on for Space Marines than literally anything else. Imagine getting new Space Marines with every release while the Necrons, Orks, and Chaos Daemon fans only get a fraction of that over long periods of time, not to mention the giant turd Matt Ward left in the universe when GW committed the warcrime of allowing him to write a codex for it.
Thats cause their all trash heresy
One of the issues is that the Imperium is significantly more popular then the other factions, I personally am an Imperium fan tho I would like it if the other factions got some love to make things more interesting.

Necrons have actually gotten some love recently.

AoT, MCU, Toaru (GT is ******* unreadable), Fast and Furious (wasn't good to begin with but still), Promised Neverland, Shield Hero (probably the biggest one. Had one of the best first arcs then ******* stumbled soon after)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe.
spongebob-squarepants-patrick-star.gif

Just because BW and Eternals are bad as f*** mean the franchise has fallen? Bullshit

Back