• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ventricular Fibrillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic isn't generally to controvertial so I didn't put it in the "Questions and Answers" board and is just to ask a question regarding a specific condition and for future reference.

Ventricular fibrillatio (V-fib or VF) is when the heart quivers instead of pumping due to disorganized electrical activity in the ventricles. It is a type of cardiac arrhythmia. Ventricular fibrillatio results in cardiac arrest with loss of consciousness and no pulse. Can be caused by an electric shock.

Would the ability to cause death in a natural way like this that doesn't require supernatural abilities be valid enough to be considered Death Manipulation? This also includes abilities such as teleporting someone's heart and brain out of their body or suffocating them by removing oxygen from their lungs. Basically a way of causing death to someone indirectly

If yes, then by future reference, anything that causes "death" with an ability is valid for Death Manipulation and should be specifies

If no, then I have specific qualms with a particular profile that has death manipulation for this reason and I ask someone specify this to the creator of this profile.

"Stubbornly starting shit and continuing to push the matter on someone's wall is behavior that deserves to be told to chill. I'll close the thread." ok... final note: first to mention the idea isn't "starting it", please emphasize on my wall

First off, the both of you can chill in your interactions with each other.

The Death Manipulation page specifies that abilities that "halt vital biological processes" qualify for Death Manipulation. So this is fine. Teleporting a brain out is not halting a vital biological process, and anyone who says "well you can halt a vital biological process by killing someone normally" is going to be ignored because I know you all know what the page means.

Halting a vital biological process - the brain or the heart, probably - through direct supernatural means qualifies. The exact specifics aren't exactly relevant, but in many cases it'd be some pretty shit-tier Death Manipulation. I wouldn't personally list a lot of ways this could be done as Death Manipulation, but...

It's up to the creator of the page how they want to list their abilities. So long as it's not inaccurate, it's fine.

Promestein said:
First off, the both of you can chill in your interactions with each other.
The Death Manipulation page specifies that abilities that "halt vital biological processes" qualify for Death Manipulation. So this is fine. Teleporting a brain out is not halting a vital biological process, and anyone who says "well you can halt a vital biological process by killing someone normally" is going to be ignored because I know you all know what the page means.

In the end, it's up to the creator of the page how they want to list their abilities. So long as it's not inaccurate, it's fine.
If I'm not allowed to post on someone's message wall, then how am I supposed to emphasize a point to someone who is telling me to "piss off" and calling be a "rockhead" and "nobody".

https://vsbattles.com/fcoc-vs-battles/84032

https://vsbattles.com/fcoc-vs-battles/84034

Also we've had this conversation before: but I haven't insulted anyone and yet got major "you-will-get-banned" warning from Drag while this guy is saying "piss off" in response to what I try to note as a "formal notice" and apparently it shouldn't be regarded.

Either way the topic is fine since it has no relevance to the original thread and ultimately doesn't affect me at all but if User:BlackDarkness679 continues to nag and call be "rockhead" I suggest you shouldn't blame me for it.

I have no idea how you get "you're not allowed to post on someone's message wall" from "chill". The best way to deal with the situation would've been to drop it, leave him alone, and make this thread if you really wanted to, and the "chill" extends to him as well.

Besides, you're not staff. Giving warnings and formal notices isn't your job.

Promestein said:
I have no idea how you get "you're not allowed to post on someone's message wall" from "chill". The best way to deal with the situation would've been to drop it, leave him alone, and make this thread if you really wanted to, and the "chill" extends to him as well.
I'm sure you're aware that this isn't your first time telling me that, so I can assume that you're second time telling me to "chill" when I pretty much am already being quite chill about this is telling me to stop replying to people in general.

Either way, topic is complete and I prefer not to continue to be notified of anything in this thread by User:BlackDarkness679 or whatever

I also think you're being a little bit too sensitive about hostility because every time I write a long reply, I get a "chill out" admin notice when I am pretty much already chill and am just playing debate on a debating thread. and generally none of this would have happened if BlackDarkness679 didn't make his own hostile "you-are-headcanon" replies

Stubbornly starting shit and continuing to push the matter on someone's wall is behavior that deserves to be told to chill. I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back