• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta vs Beta Ray Bill

He's not in space, though. That's the upper atmosphere. Please look at the reasoning and images provided, above. We've been posting this for a while, now.

Wouldn't being in the very upper atmosphere basically be the same as breathing in space? I read that oxygen molecules are so few that they can cross thousands of kilometers before colliding.

^Not in Dragon Ball, Bardock fought in upper atmosphere with Frieza yet Frieza said saiyans cant survive in space

so saiyans only need a fww molecules of oxygen to live?

man someone has to show toriyama grade 12 biology, and when he truly understands why oxygen is needed, he will simply say...well ki can do that

unfortunately thats not going to happen

and the best i can hope for is a retcon

^bro you're hoping too much, Toriyama doesn't even know how shockwaves work. Goku vs Beerus punch explanation was so stupid I was baffled for some time. But it's fiction so screw logic and science

well i can give a strong explaination from shockwaves using context

anywway, i am sure it will eventually be retsonned we just havee to wait

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Lejon123! said:
sayans can breath in the air or in their god auro gius just accept it. When whis and goku was going to beerus planet wasnt they in the vacuum of space. Just accept it
You know I've been repeatedly giving examples of why he can't, and Faisal even posted a scan of Whis directly going, "Oh look Vegeta died because he can't survive in a vacuum", right? Vegeta who was SSGSS at the time, right? You seem to just be ignoring facts to get around obvious character weaknesses, which is exceedingly annoying, especially considering I've seen this same "argument" hundreds of times, before.
And Goku was injured by a laser beam from behind by the concept of "dropped his guard" when transformations literally burn energy to be maintained and give Saiyans the ability to be able to tank hits that they are not prepared/on guard for. Aka, SSJ3 Goku caught off guard by Beerus speed blitz and tanking a neck chop from a guy that can split a planet in half from a tap, yet still being shot through the back by a simple laser pistol.

Dragon Ball is full of inconsistencies, the space aspect is another one of them that ended up adding to the mostly poor writing experience that is Revival of Frieza. DBS is a mess of itself, but I'm hoping Toryiama will retconn some of it.

Back