• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta vs Beta Ray Bill

Alexcar3000 said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Lejon123! said:
goku and beerus did fight in the vaccum of space. i thin its onl beacuse his ssg so i think vegeta can too
No they didn't. If they did then Bardock and other saiyans also fought in space
We clearly saw Beerus & Goku fighting in space perfectly...but for some reason it's just the water that gave Goku trouble, probably an inconsistency, but we could at least say he can hold his breath for a long time when battling in space.
That was not space. Even Bardock and other fodder saiyans can go high up in atmosphere

FqbWTYX

The Living Tribunal1 said:
well the upper atmosphere has only a few molecules per square cc

compare that to billions on the ground....
Needing very little oxygen is still not the same as needing no oxygen, though. Goku got to fill his lungs full of sea-level oxygen before going into the upper atmosphere. He didn't start the fight there and just begin breathing. Besides, as I already said, Goku himself confirmed he was in danger of drowning, and Beerus wasn't really doing anything besides just holding him, down there.

Anyway, i'll go for Vegeta on this one, if Beta Ray Bill really has just superhuman+ combat speed (the heck marvel?), he would be like a statue for Vegeta, and Vegeta has more AP than Bill's dura can handle.

UncleSpaceman said:
Let's compare stats
Buu Saga Vegeta

• AP - Solar System Level+
  • Durability - Solar System Level+
  • Speed - Relativistic
Beta Ray Bills

• AP - Solar System Level+
  • Durability - Star Level+
  • Speed - MFTL+ travel speed
Vegeta isn't touching Beta Ray Bills, Bills has the firepower to injure Vegeta, along with energy manipulation & absorption. Bills either wins, or it's inconclusive, because Vegeta can't touch Bills.
DB characters will receive a major speed upgrade.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
well the upper atmosphere has only a few molecules per square cc

compare that to billions on the ground....
Needing very little oxygen is still not the same as needing no oxygen, though. Goku got to fill his lungs full of sea-level oxygen before going into the upper atmosphere. He didn't start the fight there and just begin breathing. Besides, as I already said, Goku himself confirmed he was in danger of drowning, and Beerus wasn't really doing anything besides just holding him, down there.
well in the upper atmosphere, im pretty sure he opened his mouth on many occassions, and he did let out a lot of air

but he was still able to survive from the very little oxygen present there

so logically, if he were to hgold even a lungfull of air on sea level it should last him at the very least hours

Didn't Vegeta already die almost immediately in RoF after Earth exploded? I don't think that will be retconned since Bardock also fought Frieza in high atmoshphere just that SSG Goku. They can survive in high atmosphere as long as the planet is still intact, apparently

well in the upper atmosphere, im pretty sure he opened his mouth on many occassions, and he did let out a lot of air

but he was still able to survive from the very little oxygen present there

so logically, if he were to hgold even a lungfull of air on sea level it should last him at the very least hours
Considering this is Dragon Ball, I'm going to go with the repeated instances of Goku nearly running out of breath as opposed to theorizing about how long he should be able to breathe, especially since the series makes it abundantly clear.

Beerus doesn't need oxygen.

Whis doesn't need oxygen.

Buu sure as hell doesn't need oxygen.

Saiyans need oxygen.

but if it is retconned, and if he lives

will the saiyans in space arguemtn be brough up again

(because a lot of things are hapenning differently this time)

Faisal Shourov said:
Didn't Vegeta already die almost immediately in RoF after Earth exploded?
Yes, he did. I'm also fairly certain they made it clear it was because he couldn't breathe, not because he got owned by a planet bust.

but this time, if that doesnt happen

in either

A- the scene doesnt happen at all

or

B- Vegeta is seen floating in space just fine

will that change anything?

@TLT1

If Vegeta or anyone else makes it abundantly clear that Saiyans don't need oxygen to breathe (which would be odd considering just a few episodes ago, God Aura Goku needed oxygen to breathe), then yes. If it's more of just guesswork, then no.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Didn't Vegeta already die almost immediately in RoF after Earth exploded?
Yes, he did. I'm also fairly certain they made it clear it was because he couldn't breathe, not because he got owned by a planet bust.
You're right. here are the scans. Frieza can also survive in vacuum like Buu and the Gods

Dragon Ball Z Movie 15 Fukkatsu no F (Sub) Movie - Watch Dragon Ball Z Movie 15 Fukkatsu no F (Sub) Movie online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 01.25.34 -2015.12.01 01.30.25-
Dragon Ball Z Movie 15 Fukkatsu no F (Sub) Movie - Watch Dragon Ball Z Movie 15 Fukkatsu no F (Sub) Movie online in high quality.MP4 snapshot 01.25.37 -2015.12.01 01.30.19-

Lejon123! said:
He was in the space you could clearly see it just accept it.
Except it's made extremely clear that he wasn't?

Plus, you seem to be forgetting the fact that I pointed out Goku very nearly drowning in DB Super, which is the most recent canon material.

Lejon123! said:
He was in the space you could clearly see it just accept it.
Is Bardock in space too? Saiyans were capable of flying very high in the atmoshphere from the very beginning

FqbWTYX

sayans can breath in the air or in their god auro gius just accept it. When whis and goku was going to beerus planet wasnt they in the vacuum of space. Just accept it

I hope they fix it, because a being that's High Multy-Galaxy+ and is also MFTL+, but is unable to breath in space is utterly ridiculous.

Pietro Maximoff said:
also, how fast is beta ray bill's combat speed?
According to the morons who believe Tom Bevelont or whatever his name is, it's superhuman
That's absurdly ********. Whoever made that databook has pea brain. I wish I could say worse but this site is child friendly -_-

Alexcar3000 said:
I hope they fix it, because a being that's High Multy-Galaxy+ and is also MFTL+, but is unable to breath in space is utterly ridiculous.
Those who watched episode 12 and say God Goku can survive in space didn't read the manga. Bardock and fodder saiyans also did the same, but they can't survive in outer space

Lejon123! said:
sayans can breath in the air or in their god auro gius just accept it. When whis and goku was going to beerus planet wasnt they in the vacuum of space. Just accept it
You know I've been repeatedly giving examples of why he can't, and Faisal even posted a scan of Whis directly going, "Oh look Vegeta died because he can't survive in a vacuum", right? Vegeta who was SSGSS at the time, right? You seem to just be ignoring facts to get around obvious character weaknesses, which is exceedingly annoying, especially considering I've seen this same "argument" hundreds of times, before.

Faisal Shourov said:
Yo Azathoth keep the Bardock scan handy for future use, so that this topic is not brought up agai
Yeah, gonna do that.

As I said before, I'd have no problem with saiyans being able to breathe in space, but only if WE GET ACTUAL PROOF OF THEM BEING ABLE TO SURVIVE IN A VACUUM.

Faisal Shourov said:
Alexcar3000 said:
Those who watched episode 12 and say God Goku can survive in space didn't read the manga. Bardock and fodder saiyans also did the same, but they can't survive in outer space
Maybe Whis will solve that problem, like saying they can use their Godly Ki to fix that weakness, like wrapping their bodies with godly aura or something.

Back