• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta should have Social Influencing

Spinoirr

He/Him
Because he tricked Moro into revealing his goal by purposely holding back and making it seem like he were losing a battle
Screenshot_20210826-070712.png

Screenshot_20210826-070722.png
Screenshot_20210826-070735.png
Screenshot_20210826-070750.png
Screenshot_20210826-070805.png

"Social Influencing is ones ability to manipulate other characters using some form of charm. This has several uses in the form of manipulation. Whether it be to manipulate how an opponent fights, thinks, or to get info from them that the user would want or need."

I'm not too keen on Vegeta getting Social Influencing for having a conversation with Moro. This didn't even really seem like he manipulated him. It just so happen that Moro was willing to blab on about his goals, which is what typical villains do.

Actually, I'm not too keen on giving Social Influencing to just any character that outsmarts another character in general. Why is that a thing?

How is that an ability though? In all honesty he just tricked Moro by acting like he had no other options and Moro got cocky.

Moro did the same thing to him by concealing his energy absorption until it was too late.

Also recently he tried to talk granolah out of fighting and actually made him conflicted for a while until he keep on denying that Vegeta was telling the truth and it actually convinced his ai that Vegeta and Goku aren't bad guys

Because he tricked Moro into revealing his goal by purposely holding back and making it seem like he were losing a battle
Screenshot_20210826-070712.png

Screenshot_20210826-070722.png
Screenshot_20210826-070735.png
Screenshot_20210826-070750.png
Screenshot_20210826-070805.png

"Social Influencing is ones ability to manipulate other characters using some form of charm. This has several uses in the form of manipulation. Whether it be to manipulate how an opponent fights, thinks, or to get info from them that the user would want or need."
Nah, I disagree with this reasoning, but there has others examples that people here mentioned

Isn't social influencing just the user's ability to use some form of charm to affect someone majorly? I don't think Vegeta is exactly "charming" here.

He charmed bulma-
I mean even if we joke, you kinda need a great charming trait to convince the woman that you just murdered her bf, almost destroyed her planet , on top of the fact that your job is literally genocide but without discrimination to be your wife

He couldn’t even convince the entire population of Earth to give Goku energy to kill Buu
That's barely a Valid anti-feat.

Like mf that's 7billion people.

The bare minimum for Social Influencing is being able to charm/convince/manipulate people which he has feats of doing.

Saying Vegeta can't have it cuz he couldn't Convince an entire planet to give Goku something they don't know is real. Is quite absurd, no?

That's barely a Valid anti-feat.

Like mf that's 7billion people.

The bare minimum for Social Influencing is being able to charm/convince/manipulate people which he has feats of doing.

Saying Vegeta can't have it cuz he couldn't Convince an entire planet to give Goku something they don't know is real. Is quite absurd, no?
I knew what I said was gonna be misinterpreted. He couldn’t convince a single person out of 7 billion+ people, not even a child.

I knew what I said was gonna be misinterpreted. He couldn’t convince a single person out of 7 billion+ people, not even a child.
Well, can't argue with that logic chief.

Except for one last counterpoint (for now)...

That was the Buu saga Vegeta.

And this is Current Vegeta meaning he's more experienced and has grown. Claiming a character can't have a skill because they couldn't do said skill in the past is Quite Unfair.

Especially when they've shown such feats of having the skill.

And besides, there could be a legitimate argument made that that was just PIS by Toriyama to increase tensions.

He could be more experienced but charm is a personality trait and Vegeta’s personality has largely remained the same since the end of the Namek saga. I don’t think playing dumb is the same as social influencing IMO

Back