• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Variable tier for Superboy Prime

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Part one in a series of revisions for Superboy-Prime, because I don't think his page accurately displays what he's actually like, and this is probably the more agreeable revisiion

Superboy-Prime actually has several appearances outside of Infinite Crisis and Countdown, most notably being a recurring villain in Adventure Comics and is notably not quite as strong in them, getting defeated by the efforts of Krypto, Superman, Supergirl, and Power Girl during Tales of the Sinestro Corps (CW: Scans have a dog (Krypto) getting pretty beat up, if you're sensitive to that, be wary).

For transparency sake, he was hit with Red Solar Radiation prior, but it was a small dose and clearly didn't deplete his full strength.

This is justified in Adventure Comics Vol 2 4 where Alex Luthor explains that his power varies on his rage, and he can't get as mad nowadays.

So, I suggest Superboy-Prime becomes "Varies, 4-B up to 2-C depending on rage" with his 4-B key scaling off of Krypto the Superdog. He should also get Rage Power if he currently doesn't have that.

Edit: As Tracer pointed out, he should also vary depending on solar intake.
----
Additionally, he has a few more forms that should be added to his tabber. Nothing that affects tiers, but there's Superboy and Superman-Prime.

Last edited:
Personally I think giving superman prime a separate key would be better. Because from what I remember, he was amped slightly. He can be scaled off Monarch (Cap Atom)

Otherwise, I agree

Isn't Monarch solidly into Tier 2 though? Or does hs timeline creation stuff not scale to his physicals?

I agree with giving SBP a Varies tier, that seems fine, but I have issues with some of the scaling here.

For one, scaling him off of Krypto is very eh. Krypto’s page is kinda bad. There’s no scans anywhere, so his AP justification is entirely baseless.

Also, in the scan in the OP, it doesn’t seem like Prime ever actually strikes Krypto, he just kinda holds him back and rips his cape off before getting Cyborg Superman thrown into him (he does take attacks from Krypto earlier in the comic though). It’d be better to scale him from piercing Kal’s shoulder with his heat vision.

Also his stats don’t seem to vary solely because of rage, as here he goes from getting bullied by a bunch of 5-As and 4-Bs to squaring up with Ion, a 2-C, once the sun rises.

I think Amelia is fixing Krypto's page ATM. So that should take care of that problem

But I do agree with your remaining assessment. He is kinda inconsistent sadly

I agree with giving SBP a Varies tier, that seems fine, but I have issues with some of the scaling here.

For one, scaling him off of Krypto is very eh. Krypto’s page is kinda bad. There’s no scans anywhere, so his AP justification is entirely baseless.

Also, in the scan in the OP, it doesn’t seem like Prime ever actually strikes Krypto, he just kinda holds him back and rips his cape off before getting Cyborg Superman thrown into him (he does take attacks from Krypto earlier in the comic though). It’d be better to scale him from piercing Kal’s shoulder with his heat vision.

Also his stats don’t seem to vary solely because of rage, as here he goes from getting bullied by a bunch of 5-As and 4-Bs to squaring up with Ion, a 2-C, once the sun rises.
Krypto is getting reworked. I actually made this thread because it kept coming up in my Krypto research.

Good eye. I guess 'Varies from 4-B up to 2-C via rage and Yellow Solar Radiation'?

Anyway, I think that Amelia and LordTracer make sense above.

How about "Varies depending on rage and solar radiation, 4-B normally, up to 2-C"?

About his tier I also wanted to note that his "retcon punches" aren't a form of AP, it's Reality and Causality Manipulation, it may also been granted by the place where he was and what he was punching.

Last edited:
I want revisions for his Tier 2 rating to be for another thread as I also have issues with it, but I explicitly stated I wanted this thread to be for a single topic.
Anyway the rating idea sounds good.

I am not sure if its only me, but I started to not like the varies thing, we can't be sure that he always is '' varies from 4-B, up to 2-C'', it being just ''Varies, up to 2-C'' should work, at least to me, and others profiles should be like that as well, mainly when we talk about comics that their power ratings varies too much, so, ''Varies, up to 2-C'' is good to me, but I am not sure if others people agree with me

Well, omit information isn't good, and Superboy Prime is rather known for being harmed by and shown to be even by characters of that level, so we need to display that in his profile.

His low-end being 4-B is the most consistent showing he has. Honestly to the point where he only has maybe two Tier 2 feats and a bunch of stuff in the Tier 4 range, though that's for a later thread.

I think that Eficiente's version can be applied, yes.

Back