• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using spoken words as a variable to find timeframe

Is not necessary guesswork, it just that, if people wouldn't use speech speed to find timeframe, better not use "it only passed 3 pages so I'll assume 15 s"

Hmm, only DontTalk is left to give input then, although he may not be interested.

Antoniofer said:
Is not necessary guesswork, it just that, if people wouldn't use speech speed to find timeframe, better not use "it only passed 3 pages so I'll assume 15 s"
In such cases, dont we usually go with 60 seconds or whatever feels more reasonable at that time?

Because using WPM would very likely very often differ greatly from the 60 seconds, making it just 1-3 seconds via speech pattern.

-

This is one of the reasons why me, and some others likely as well, have such a strong stance against it i think

Well, as I mentioned earlier, to change our standards we still have to write them down somewhere.

So, should we continue where we left off?

Yes. Somehow this got agreed on but no one bothered to finish the job.

Unfortunately I am not good with edits or similar things so I would ask some of the more experienced editers to do it.

Well, we have to decide what to write down and where.

Back