• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using private servers to scale dead multiplayer games?

For those unaware, private servers are these clients used by people to host servers of already existing games, mostly those that are dead and are of the MMORPG variety. I've been considering trying to scale a verse I want to bring back to the wiki using a private server myself, but I don't know if it's a good idea or not. It's not like Toontown Rewritten, which is a private server that tried to bring back Toontown, but has quite a few fan-made mechanics and features. I'm just gonna be using a completely vanilla private server, meaning that it has no quirky stuff that isn't in the original game, and is just things that were already in the game, or was just reverse-engineered by people who are pretty knowledgeable on said game. Would it be okay to use them, as long as they don't stray far away from the original source, or should I just give up on trying to scale a dead game, or just scale stuff that wasn't removed yet in it if it's still alive?

As long as the feats are obtainable via normal gameplay methods without the usage of mods and what-have-you, sure, why not?

Back