• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
We have rules about insulting people especially admins. If you want to stay in this wiki, and have not made yourself indispensable, then you need to behave and be polite. We won't get anywhere othervise.
Everything is clearly spelled out in the front page. And we need these rules for the site not to start to disintegrate into ill-mannered chaos.

Also, you read me completely wrong in that you think that I try to manipulate. I genuinely perceive these feats this way, largely because I have read so extremely many Marvel and DC books, and have learned how their conveniences and inconsistencies work at this point. Mind you, I am tired and unfocused these days, but nevertheless.
Had a small laugh at the bolded for the probably unintended pun :maybe

I know you have rules, and I'm working on my filter that I never actually turn on. I'm probably going to fail a bunch at that given how irreverant I am about all of this. So, for what little its worth, I apologize for the fact I'm probably not going to have a long tenure here.

Wasn't trying to accuse you of manipulation, was more so voicing confusion at your need to go a step beyond with an argument that'd normally just be considered weak in my usual mindset. I forgot to flip the switch so to speak regarding what community I'm posting in at the moment. Don't know your circumstances there, but I hope you get some rest and regain your focus in all quarters of life at any rate

Okay. Thank you for the consideration.

i'd agree with ChaosTheory123 .

while it is indeed true that sometime's we can't accept some proposition in fiction as calc material or as prime examples of modern (or classic) physics. however we do need to understand that fiction is written by writers whom artistic freedom should have and does have a place in their own works.

as such, we should accept the sequance of events in fiction as it stands and make the most of it. i personally find the results of the clacs legit, but i am only a partial (if any) authority.

i do not know whether or not the results are outliers as i am not familiar enough with marvel or DC in general and most certainly not with any Spiderman comics.

Okay. I just find the first story sequence very incoherent, and that the second uses illogical tropes. And yes, even if we accept the calculations, they would be outliers, but that is not the first thing that I am bothered by.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I just find the first story sequence very incoherent, and that the second uses illlgical tropes. And yes, even if we accept the calculations, they would be outliers, but that is not the first thing that I am bothered by.
I don't see how they're outliers.

Spider-Man never, much less constantly, blitzes his opponents at beyond escape velocity speeds, and is consistently shown as incapable of traversing long distances in a brief period of time.

@Antvasima i was simply saying my opinion, i think that the sequance of events of the feat may not very logical or coherent, but it isn't the most incoherent and illogical feat that accepted calcs had been done about...

Antvasima said:
Spider-Man never, much less constantly, blitzes his opponents at beyond escape velocity speeds, and is consistently shown as incapable of traversing long distances in a brief period of time.
I mean that he shows MCB feats a lot- and I've seen Spider Man move at speeds much faster than what you're saying.

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Antvasima said:
I mean that he shows MCB feats a lot- and I've seen Spider Man move at speeds much faster than what you're saying.
No he doesn't

Hyperception said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Antvasima said:
No he doesn't
Prove that he doesn't.

@Illuminati Well, this is Marvel. One of the most inconsistent and incoherent fictional franchises on the face of the planet, and as always, several wrongs do not make a right. I much prefer feats that make some coherent sense, and do not seem to use lots of Plot Induced Stupidity.

@Imago He web-swings across the city over quite long periods of time. He never near instantly runs across the country. And I have never seen him show comparative power to destroying several city blocks at once. His greatest explicit feat that I know of was lifting part of Doctor Octopus' underground base that he was trapped under.

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Hyperception said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Antvasima said:
No he doesn't
Prove that he doesn't.

Prove that he does and stop using Burden of Proof

Antvasima said:
@Imago He web-swings over quite long periods of time. He never near instantly runs across the country. And I have never seen him show comparative power to destroying several city blocks at once. His greatest explicit feat that I know of was lifting part of Doctor Octopus' underground base that he was trapped under.
Well, he's got quite a lot of MCB feats I've probably missed, and those he can be reasonably powerscaled to. He also could be holding back because he doesn't want to really destroy everything- I'm pretty sure that's in his character.

Hyperception said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Hyperception said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Antvasima said:
No he doesn't
Prove that he doesn't.
Prove that he does and stop using Burden of Proof
You haven't proved anything to me anytime we've debated.

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Antvasima said:
@Imago He web-swings over quite long periods of time. He never near instantly runs across the country. And I have never seen him show comparative power to destroying several city blocks at once. His greatest explicit feat that I know of was lifting part of Doctor Octopus' underground base that he was trapped under.
Well, he's got quite a lot of MCB feats I've probably missed, and those he can be reasonably powerscaled to. He also could be holding back because he doesn't want to really destroy everything- I'm pretty sure that's in his character.
You dunno if he has more MCB feats then.

@Imago Well, the thing is that officially Spider-Man is only a "class 10". Mind you that should definitely not be taken literally, but it is still near the bottom, not anywhere close to characters that can actually create this degree of destruction. We try to avoid the most extreme inconsistencies for Marvel characters, given that they are so ridiculously uneven in their power displays depending on the writer and story.

Antvasima said:
@Imago Well, the thing is that officially Spider-Man is only a "class 10". Mind you that should definitely not be taken literally, but it is still near the bottom, not anywhere close to characters that can actually create this degree of destruction. We try to avoid the most extreme inconsistencies for Marvel characters, given that they are so ridiculously uneven in their power displays depending on the writer and story.
Well...yeah. He's supposedly only a class 10, but he's done far higher things than 200 mph and 10 tons, and whatnot.

At best 118 mph is his official speed, but unlike for the strength scale, the official speed levels actually reach up to far higher than lightspeed, so they are more reliable than the silly/extremely low strength numbers that are strictly there for comparisons between characters. Spider-Man is obviously not anywhere near 1/10th as strong as Thor, but he is in the bottom rung of the scale, almost at Captain America level. In addition, he and Thor are officially supposed to be equally swift in terms of movement speed, just a few times above human level, whereas Thor is listed as being able to fly much swifter than lightspeed.

Please read the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics for information.

Okay. I am very tired and must go to bed now. Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back