• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading Spider-Man and Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
As for Silk, that may have been a metaphorical statement. It is probably better to scale from high-level combat speed feats.
No, it's not. You are just saying it could have been. She's in a scene casually dodging Electro's lightning from a few feet away, dancing between his lightning, and Electro says he can't hit her because she's too fast, to which Black Cat asks in disbelief: "Faster than Lightning?"

There is only one possible interpretation for this: Silk is Faster than Lightning, or MHS+. If this was anything but a Marvel Comicbook character there would be no argument to be had here.

Personally, I think 5-6 consistent feats is the golden number in this case. (Due to how long Marvel's Spiderman comics has been running). 3-4 is enough for an "At least High 8-C, likely 7-C" Is there any more town level feats @Matt?

@Prom I thought Electro manipulates electricity, not lightning?

@SD

He can cause thunderstorms with his powers and cloud to ground lightning. And his Lightning is Real Lightning because it has literally every property of real lightning.

It flows through conductive material, can turn sand into a type of glass in a reaction that happens when real lightning hits sand, has an electromagnetic field, can be countered by the right materials and being properly grounded, is attracted to metals, etc.

Well, I am fine with scaling from the Silk feat. I had just not checked out the scan previously.

I also read all of Electro's appearances in Amazing Spider-Man. I wanna read his appearances over the other Spider-Man books like Spectacular Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc.

Spidey already has plenty of feats.

Anyway, since the Hulk feat is unreliable, I would appreciate if somebody can revert the upgrades to Spider-Man, and the characters scaled from him, back to High 8-C for the moment.

@Ant

I think we need to upgrade him to 8-A still. Xcano agreed with using those durability feats for Deadpool.

Deadpool survived two explosions that were calced at 8-A with 0 injuries. 1 at 125 Tons and the other at 129 Tons.

Okay. He is consistently damaged by enormously less though, so I am not sure if we should count it as outliers.

Antvasima said:
Okay. He is consistently damaged by enormously less though, so I am not sure if we should count it as outliers.
What, bullets? Those are never an argument. There's Tier 4 characters that are still pierced by bullets (Spawn, Wonder Woman and Buu). Even at Wall level, Deadpool should never be pierced by a .9mm Handgun bullet.

@Rubber

Because nobody is arguing about Dragon Ball. That will only make the thread slower.

I looked over the two Deadpool Durability feats and they both seem legitimate. My only concern is that in the slightly higher one (pulverization of a city block), you see some tiny fragments, but that could've been a result of the other things destroyed.

Okay. I suppose that they can be scaled from Deadpool if no other alternatives are available then.

Just remember to always back up new calculation links from sources outside of the wiki to the Wayback Machine archive.

I do not think that we allow youtube video calculations. Just text versions. If you transfer the contents to a blog post, it should be fine however,

Yeah, I don't know enough about Deadpool to contest the 8-A things right now.

Grudge has told me that Silk is faster than Spider-Man though, and going by this sca it would seem that she is by Spider-Man's own admission. She only has 79 appearances too, so I could probably read through her catalogue if needed.

She is faster than Spider-Man, albeit not by much. They were both bitten by the same spiders and developed similar powers. Their differences come from sexual diphormism, I think. Peter is stronger but she is faster.

William Proto / Vivi actually read every single one of Deadpool's 900+ appearances in order to make the video. So I consider it to be very much accurate.

@Matt

I mean, on the page Spidey says her speed makes it seem like she's everywhere and that her spider-sense is so much greater than his the only comparison would be like a bullet-timer to a normal person

He never said that her speed and reactions are so faster than him that he is a normal person compared to her. He just said that she is a bullet-timer like the Matrix. Which is hilarious since Peter also is.

Yes, Silk has a better Spider-sense, so what. The first one is a backslap, that's it.

And he doesn't get hit by the lightning, he gets hit by Black Cat.

The point being that Silk is consistently depicted as faster than Spidey, Spider-Sense contributes to their speed. What do you mean it's just a backslap? The image was to demonstrate that she's fully capable of moving far faster than Spider-Man can react.

I see it now. You can still make the case that he's timing it, since Electro is firing at Silk, not Spider-Man, and since Black Cat is trying to attack him it's entirely possible he was trying to dodge her instead.

Well, Silk is only slightly swifter than Spider-Man, and Spider-Man has dodged Electro's lightning himself several times.

Antvasima said:
Well, Silk is only slightly swifter than Spider-Man, and Spider-Man has dodged Electro's lightning himself several times.
Yes, from Amazing Spider-Man alone, he has several instances where it is not Aimdodging.

Still, it would be appreciated if LordXcano could help us out by calculating a few examples that you provide.

Wait, if Radion's power was stated to be about hundreds of megatons.

Wouldn't put both Radion and Iron Fist at Large City level, than just City level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back