• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spawn CRT #1: Updating the Spawn Profiles and Adding a Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
Diamond Supporter
After I got more into the comic books dealing with Spawn and other Image characters pertaining to him, I realized he was missing a lot of powers and abilities and his stats were extremely outdated. I have taken the time to create a cosmology for the verse and I'm currently working on a draft for an update to Spawn's profile; I have also performed a few calculations and asked a few members of the calc group to provide some.

This is pretty difficult for me to do alone, so I'm looking for more people interested in and/or knowledgeable about the verse to assist me in creating the cosmology and the update for Spawn's profile. If there's anybody that'd want to give their input and advice, please let me know down below.

Holds absolute control over a universal realm of Hell,
Hells are space time tho, no?

can also create universes with his mind
IIRC this was also meant to be a full uni rather than just space

At least Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level
Hard disagree with Low 1-C. There is no proof for higher dimensions being infinitely superior. Likely or possibly higher rating would be more suited, similar to MoM.

Updates to P&A looks good tho for base.

For intelligence, that seems like Gifted to me.

Hard disagree with Low 1-C. There is no proof for higher dimensions being infinitely superior. Likely or possibly higher rating would be more suited, similar to MoM.
I actually talked this over with @Qawsedf234; he agreed that something along the lines of "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" would work if I were to use what I currently have from the cosmology I worked on.

Good job at attempting to fix Spawn, just a small query do other Image comics franchises such as Invincible or Supreme fit into the cosmology or is it mutually exclusive to Spawn?

Good job at attempting to fix Spawn, just a small query do other Image comics franchises such as Invincible or Supreme fit into the cosmology or is it mutually exclusive to Spawn?
No, Image Comics stories don't have a shared cosmology. Spawn's its own, Invincible's its own.

Funnily, Invincible is kinda canon to Marvel Multiverse/cosmology via crossover which happened with 616

Well, I did come across issue 10 of the Spawn series where Spawn was transported to another reality that included characters from Marvel and DC. He took their powers and fought Violator with it, but I dunno if this is canon.

And there's issue 52 where he fought Savage Dragon in the fifth level of Hell.
Erik Larsen mentioned a few times how these characters aren't canon to each other. Basically, they can appear, but they are just a variant of the characters from the canon uni.

Yeah, I got a few scans from the comic I found on the Read Comics Free site. I wanted to include information from this issue, but...
Yeah that was sort of a commentary issue about how corpo comics are shit. While he did get their powers, we cannot cross-scale due to canon issues.

Overt kill is a bit of a slippery slope. Because back in the young blood days, spawn and them lot shared a same continuity. But after that, they kinda just vanished? So hard to say, but I think up until young blood stuff, it should be fine. But stories after that, not so much

Overt kill is a bit of a slippery slope. Because back in the young blood days, spawn and them lot shared a same continuity. But after that, they kinda just vanished? So hard to say, but I think up until young blood stuff, it should be fine. But stories after that, not so much
So, is that a yes or a no on the scaling?

First, you need the scans/references for all his powers including those of Satan/God and Mother of Existence since they lack anything... terrible profiles. If the mentioned profiles had them, you could have just linked the characters, but as it can be looked over, they fail in this regard. Second, being comparable with someone doesn't mean you'll have their power without statement/feat (I don't remember if he showed these...been a long time since I've read Spawn). Third, agree, that he would have all the powers of Mother of Existence as stated, but going back to the first point, she lacks scans.

Then, you need the scans/references for his King Spawn key as 80% of the powers lack it.

Stamina lacks justification for all keys - you'll need for the first two as the last two just scale from the second key.

King Spawn key has Telepathy (Multiversal range) but in his Range section he only has "Universal+, likely Low Multiversal". Doesn't make sense, it will need to either be removed or put in the Range Section: Universal+, likely Low Multiversal with abilities/attacks. Multiversal with Telepathy .. and of course the statement/scans.

Mostly just scaled him to Suprema who can take in and cause supernovas.
the issue is, their files are really bad and I don't think Overt is actually as powerful as 4-B or 4-A. Supreme and them lot weren't this busted when they first started.

Also I hate how Supreme's file is structured. Universal LS for, uh, moving India lol

the issue is, their files are really bad and I don't think Overt is actually as powerful as 4-B or 4-A. Supreme and them lot weren't this busted when they first started.

Also I hate how Supreme's file is structured. Universal LS for, uh, moving India lol
Might have to get some people to perform calculations then.

For now, I was thinking we could place Overt-Kill at something like 8-C for destroying a tank and scaling Spawn to that.

We still need to work on the draft for Spawn's profile. And we need to know what levels the updated cosmology would put the characters at now.

Okay so upon a read of the update list:

• The WoG would be a 2-A statement
  • I'm not seeing anywhere in the emotions scans where Spawn is stated to have created an entire universe (they say world but you would need to prove that he created a universe). Even if it was true that seems like something that wouldn't scale to anyone's AP
  • God's statement about emotions doesn't mean they literally create alternate universes. But that they can divide and destroy things due to their intensity. Though I could be reading that to harshly I guess
  • Most of the statements talking about dimensions are using them interchangeably with universes rather than geometric dimensions. The only one I can vaguely see is the person talking about 20 dimensions, but the rest of those statements make that one less legitimate and for all we know they could be talking about other universes again.
  • The speed section implies that people are fighting someone who's always Omnipresent. They are not. Malebolgia can freely shift his realm around due to the mechanics of hell, but that doesn't mean he's always omnipresent. In that issue not only is his head chopped off but he has his stomach cut open and his guts fall out. I'm not for a proposed immeasurable speed rating or infinite speed rating for characters, because this is what the blog is implying.

God's statement about emotions doesn't mean they literally create alternate universes. But that they can divide and destroy things due to their intensity. Though I could be reading that to harshly I guess
Well actually, he does state "Emotions like love, hate, vengeance can shape a universe. Divide continuua." So, to me, it sounded like emotions could create universes. And I did get a fair amount of this blog from somewhere on VK.

Okay so upon a read of the update list:

• The WoG would be a 2-A statement
  • I'm not seeing anywhere in the emotions scans where Spawn is stated to have created an entire universe (they say world but you would need to prove that he created a universe). Even if it was true that seems like something that wouldn't scale to anyone's AP
  • God's statement about emotions doesn't mean they literally create alternate universes. But that they can divide and destroy things due to their intensity. Though I could be reading that to harshly I guess
  • Most of the statements talking about dimensions are using them interchangeably with universes rather than geometric dimensions. The only one I can vaguely see is the person talking about 20 dimensions, but the rest of those statements make that one less legitimate and for all we know they could be talking about other universes again.
  • The speed section implies that people are fighting someone who's always Omnipresent. They are not. Malebolgia can freely shift his realm around due to the mechanics of hell, but that doesn't mean he's always omnipresent. In that issue not only is his head chopped off but he has his stomach cut open and his guts fall out. I'm not for a proposed immeasurable speed rating or infinite speed rating for characters, because this is what the blog is implying.
I think that Qawsedf234 makes sense above. Thank you very much for helping out.

Haven't gone past issue 34 since I've last read the series so anything hell king and onward I can't comment on since Idk the context. For base form, the 8-C feats don't exactly line up to 8-C since the calcs you referenced go to Small Building level, or 9-A. But you could just scale him to Overtkill since he destroyed a tank that can blow up a city block easily when he wasn't using any necro energy last time I checked.

Haven't gone past issue 34 since I've last read the series so anything hell king and onward I can't comment on since Idk the context. For base form, the 8-C feats don't exactly line up to 8-C since the calcs you referenced go to Small Building level, or 9-A. But you could just scale him to Overtkill since he destroyed a tank that can blow up a city block easily when he wasn't using any necro energy last time I checked.
That's kinda what I was planning. Also, would we be able to highball it to 8-B or 8-A since the said tank was stated to destroy two city blocks?

Also, does anyone know if I should include a key for Classic Spawn...or should I just merge both Classic and Modern into one key?

@Confluctor @The_Axiom_of_Virgo @Zaratthustra
Unless they're massive gaps in power, hax, story, etc between classic and modern Spawn to the point of being almost separate characters, addtional keys are reduant. IIRC even this guy had his modern and classic counterparts merged into a singular key, so unless Spawn is even more inconsistent than him you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back