• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unown tier downgrade

WeeklyBattles said:
They avoided the attacks of Dialga and Palkia when the dimensions overlapped during their battle.
is it from the darkrai movie? cuz in that movie iirc almost every pokemon reacted to dialga and palkia, heck a few pokemon when banding together even slowed down the destruction caused by dialga and palkia

Surviving outside of space-time =/= able to destroy space-time, or survive an attack that has enough energy to destroy space-time.

But then, from what I am reading, it seems that Arceus was the one that was mostly involved in Unown's feats, and not the Unowns themselves.

But then

No, from what I have read it seems that unowns exist in their own pocket space (of unverified size) which is not a part of the main continuum. Its a bit like a 2-D being living outside a very big 2-D plane and just instead in a different 3-D regio. Just doing that doesnt make the being 3-D at all.
I think it's best to keep the Unowns at Unknow tier for the most part, unless we have better feats from these guys.

@LT1 Yeah but i can check AatJoL to see if they were there too

@Lina Their tiers were already changed to Unknown, we're just talking about their speed now

I agreed with unknown unown as I can understand the doubt but the reason "Arceus empowered them does not make much sense. We have no evidence of that at all and if we took this reason at face value, then we'd also need to downgrade the creation trio too since for all we know, Arceus could have empowered them to create the multiverse.

Also even if they were empowered, wouldnt using that much power whether used or not still warrant it? If the unown werent that strong then Arceus wouldnt have wasted his time using them and they would have destroyed themselves from the amount of power they would be given to use.

@Kukui

If you put any Pokemon in the hands of Arceus, you'd probably get the same result in terms of power.

Really? You sure?

I mean...I highly doubt a simple pikachu or rattata would be able to handle tier 2 power without instantly eliminating themselves due to the sheer amount of power it would be.

There's no absolute rule in fiction, much less Pokemon, that characters can't "handle" a specific amount of energy. You need to prove that these Pokemon wouldn't be able to handle this power.

Well Ash's Pikachu IIRC is pretty much the strongest one of its kind in the verse right? And it's only At Least 8-A and higher when absorbing electricity. Average ones are 8-C.

Plus, idk if we accept this or not but it seems Pikachu are able to grow either very sick or weakened when they absorb too much electrical energy like Ash's has done in the show. That should prove or imply they have a limit to how much energy they can have and absorb at a time.

There are numerous examples in fiction where lesser reality warpers have significantly boosted weak beings. IIRC silver surfer casually boosted a human to high tier 6 or low tier 4 or something

also, arceus could perform those feats literally with a pile of dirt or a few magikarps tbqh because of all the abilities arceus has

There is a lot of speculation and right I liked to point out there is no confirmation that Unowns are 2D beings as TLT1 is actually putting them at 11-A which btw, it is not 2D for them. Even the information on Unowns is here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unown_(Pokรฉmon)

Zero confirmation of the dimension being 2D for that matter.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System

Tier 11: Lower-Dimensional 11-C: Point level 0-dimensional Characters

11-B: Line level 1-dimensional characters

11-A: Plane level 2-dimensional characters

Not so sure if this downgrade will be acceptable, but the Unknown rating should be kept at least.

Edit: Actually judging from the Pokedexs for them, they will be considered as 2D beings by our standards technically speaking.

I guess.

But even if that is not the case, we still have the matter of the creation and lake trios being used by Arceus to make the multiverse and if we're to say the Unown could only do that because Arceus gave them those capabilities (which we can't really prove), then what would make the 2 trios any different?

I am not talking about unowns being 2-D. The 2-D thing was an example. Think about a 2-spatial dimensional universe with a dimension of time for once. Now if I were to construct a 2-D realm (with time) on a different height from the perspective of a 3-D being, it wont make the beings in the other newly make 2-D realm infinitely above the 2-D plane with time below it.

Similarly, the unowns world is a different contiuum located in a different location from the universal continuum- that alone does NOT make the unowns infinite in speed.

@TLT Technically that will not explain how the dimensions can overlap when Palkia and Diagla clashed. Even if that was the case, we will make the dimension that is specifically for Unowns to reside as a 2D realm which it will make them 11-A simply due to spatial dimension is combined with time dimension. I need to sleep as I got a doctor appointment and a test before that doctor appointment so I am need plenty of sleep as it is now.

Starkiller215 said:
@TLT Technically that will not explain how the dimensions can overlap when Palkia and Diagla clashed. Even if that was the case, we will make the dimension that is specifically for Unowns to reside as a 2D realm which it will make them 11-A simply due to spatial dimension is combined with time dimension. I need to sleep as I got a doctor appointment and a test before that doctor appointment so I am need plenty of sleep as it is now.
Of course it can, unowns continuum and the normal continuum are separate but the continuums would interact if they are moved close to each other due to energy from the clash. Simple as that.

Starkiller215 said:
@TLT1 This is in a dangerous situation when we can speculate things as no confirmation on the Unowns' dimension being 2D. Without explict proof of it being 2D for that matter. In any case, since tomorrow is my Doctor Appointment, I don't want to feel that grumpy in the morning.
Edit: Turns out there is this as well: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-dimensional_space and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-dimensional_space
I AM NOT saying that they are 2-D. I am giving the example of a 2-D universe to explain how not being a part of the main space-tme continuum doesnt necessarily make you infinite in speed.

I did it to dumb down and easily explain why not being in a 3-spatial +1-temporal dimensional continuum doesnt necessarily make you either infinitely greater than or infi nitely faster than a regular being in the aformentioned continuum.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Actually wouldn't it make you infinite if it's your natural environment?
they just exist in a different continuum, thats the point,it wont really make them infinite in speed.

Back