• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unofficial so I don't think it has to be made by a staff member. Not like powers will be added without staff support anyway

perspective manipulation

in general its probably just a more specific spacial manipulation in the same way that broadway force is a more specific toon force. Basically, the idea of manipulating reality/space based on perspective such as plucking an object from the background of a frame and having it essentially become a small object in the foreground.

some instances that come to mind are the player from the game Superliminal, K.O. from OK K.O. in the episode "your world is an illusion" (though I think that episode is non-canon), and Four from BFDI

I should point out that perspective manipulation, as I described it, is distinctly different from perception manipulation

whereas percreption manipulation allows you to change how people view the world, this presupposed perspective manipulation actually does change the world physically.

I think the best way to describe it is like this: have you ever done that thing where you pretend to squish somebody's head between your fingers when you were a kid or took a photo where you pretended to hold up a building/monument or something? perspective manipulation would essentially make it so you actually are squishing their head or actually are holding up the building

The God Of Procrastination said:
Passionlip, too. Technically, perspective manipulation would be a form of Morality Manipulation.
No, the perspective manipulation that he is saying means manipulating reality through uour own perspective.

Like pulling a mountain from far away while it fits in your hand, waving your hand through the sky to clean clouds etc.

yep thats the one. I actually had no idea it was listed in any other particular wikis, let alone under the same name I gave lol

I kind of neutral, it may be related to Reality Warping (although this one is pretty broad) or Subjective Reality.

No, the perspective manipulation that he is saying means manipulating reality through uour own perspective.

Like pulling a mountain from far away while it fits in your hand, waving your hand through the sky to clean clouds etc.

Which is not what the name would literally mean.

yes it is. I think you're just misinterperetting the way I mean perspective. Mirriam-Webster, for instance, gives a set of definitions. It appears as though the one you're using is "the interrelation in which a subject or its parts are mentally viewed" whereas the definition I am using for this particular case is " the appearance to the eye of objects in respect to their relative distance and positions." somebody with perspective manipulation could per se see an object that is far away and very large, such as a distant star or a cloud and interact with it as though it were close and relatively small

a character with this ability might toss the moon like a ball or place an ant on a far off mountain and it would become the size of the mountain

yeah, and? I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point here. you have a problem with the name, right? Personally, I think the name perspective manipulation fits the ability fine, but what would you suggest as an alternative?

@Procrastination In a way, it does involve that to a certain extent and using that ability to resist compression wouldn't be Regenerationn.

Another think I forgot to mention for @Agnaa is that the weight of the object doesn't really matter when resisting compression, its the amount of times the character can resist it from overwhelming and crushing the character until they die, which does.

Also, what...why would being able to make someone good/evil is somehow similar as controlling one's perspective of things? They barely have any relation to each other.

Welp, since something being good or bad depends of someone perspective, you can say they are somehow related.

Livinmeme said:
logic manipulation
I believe it is arleady in the reality warping page, no?

I think it would be law manipulation, since you are changing the rules of logic and reason.

Thelastmlg said:
Livinmeme said:
logic manipulation
I believe it is arleady in the reality warping page, no?
I think it would be law manipulation, since you are changing the rules of logic and reason.
well is not logic manipulation a subpower of reality warp

@Antonio I suppose you can say that when you explain it this way but that would also make Morality Manipulation an applicable power when having Perspective Manipulation in this case.

@Thelastmlg Yeah, its basically an advanced version of Reality Warping.

@Livinmeme Actually, Logic Manipulation is Reality Warping but upgraded, not a sub-power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back