• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ungoliant downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Ungoliant is rated as "At least Low 2-C" with a 6-B weakened form.

The first problem is her Low 2-C form.

Lets start:

"Drained the Two Trees of Valinor, of which a single flower and fruit became the sun and the moon, respectively."

Firstly, the LOTR world is now considered smaller then to real world, which would mean that these would be lower tha 5-C and 4-C, and almost impossible to evaluate.

Additionally, even if we said that the sun is normal sized, that would only be at least 4-C/High 4-C.

Next:

"Drank the Well of Varda, which contained all the dew ever collected from the Two Trees, making even Melkor afraid"

The problem here, is that they're implying via usage of Melkor is that this was Morgoth's true (At least Low 2-C) form, when this was only a slightly weakened Morgoth.

Now the question here is what tier is Morgoth at this point.

Now, later, when Morgoth is even more weakened, he was still considered, "The greatest of all things". This implies that Morgoth was still strogner than the Valar, making him "At least 4-A, likely 3-B."

To clarify:

Ungoliant>Slightly weakened Morgoth>Weakened Morgoth>Valar=At least 4-A, likely 3-B.

So, that would make this Ungoliant "At least 4-A, likely 3-B."

Also, about the Wells (Slight mistake here) of Varda:

If the sun was truly sun-sized, this would be 4-B (Even just a fruit per year is 4-B). However, as I established earlier, the sun is no longer considered sun-sized (Though, strangly, the stars are still star sized).

Also, if I am correct only the fruit of Teleperion was in the Wells of Varda.

I have heard the argument that all the light to make the stars came from the Wells, but that would only be up to 3-A.

Next, her 6-B form

The reasoning behind this is "Overpowered a weakened Morgoth, who had to call upon more than seven Balrogs in order to chase her off"

Firstly, didn't you just say she overpowered Melkor, A.K.A full power Morgoth?

Secondly, she was not starving when the Balrogs attacked, and she was not starving when she defeated Morgoth.

This should honestly be changed to just unkown.

And now for the cleanup:

The order of her keys:

This is a minor nitpick, but wouldn't it be cleaner if her keys where weakest to strongest.

Most other pages are like that, so I dont see why not this one.

The name of her keys:

Again, a minor nitpick, but wouldn't it be cleaner if it was:

Weakened | Full power

Instead of what we have now.

To explain why I think this is a better name, I will use this analogy:

My strength scales to how full I am; When I'm starving I am weakened, however after eating some food I can use my full power.

Speed:

"Supersonic+ to High Hypersonic via powerscaling"

Powerscaling to who, and why.

It should at least be given a reason, like keeping pace with Morgoth, and that would warrent.

A: An at least.

B: The same for both keys.

Stamina:

"Superhuman"

Why?

Should be unknown.

Mind manipulation:

Source?

Durability:

"Survived Melkor's scream at point blank and able to withstand several Balrogs waling on her, which she survived"

The bolded part is redundent.

Also, Morgoth's scream is not 6-B.

And lastly, standard equipment:

"N/A"

Should be none notable.

The last part is little nitpicks that can be ignored, however the first part is very important.

You can politely ask Azathoth, The Everlasting, Dark649, and Matthew Schroeder to comment here, if you wish.

Have you asked all of them to comment here?

Well, Matthew and Dark649 seem to agree, but I would prefer if Azathoth would respond as well.

Well, you can ask him from me. We need his expertise.

Yes. No problem. Tell me here when you are done.

It can probably remain unlocked, yes. Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back