• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Underused Characters Thread

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Got any characters you like who don't seem to make it into VS threads very often? Perhaps they don't have much of a following here compared to other characters on the wiki, or maybe their stats are just too vague to warrant a match.

Post about them here.

My vs of Sion from Melty Blood and Carnage from Marvel. Hell. Sion Eltnam Atlasia hasn't been used at all. Finally. Something to let out a rant.

Monarch Laciel said:
I feel like this wouldn't be as true if we had more 'undead magician' characters (or indeed, Tier 9 magicians in general) to put against Skul himself.

WeeklyBattles said:
Every SCP that isnt 682, 1440, 239, or 076 :p
096 has a number of matches to its name.

Still, I've tried making matches with other SCPs and failed to get them off the ground, so I'd say this has some truth behind it.

Soul Calibur in general lacks matches, as well. You'd think a fairly popular game series with Planet level characters would have more fights going on, but meh.

Planet level fighting game characters...That gives me an idea.

Dark Force/Dark Falz is very underused, has had a profile here since before I joined and the only thread about him is an upgrade thread I made that took four months to get resolved, and even then only somewhat. Pretty solid hax and great range, able to affect entire solar systems with his powers, inflict entire planets with incurable diseases and created planet-wide storms just by existing, not to mention he can mess with ones mind and morality. He's also incredibly intelligent, able to shapeshift completely into a human to gain the trust of Chaz.

I'm disappointed by the how underused Xiaolin Showdow characters are. Seriously, give these guys an hour of prep and they can come up with some pretty potent arsenals.

Erase their enemies memories with a flash of night, getting complete and utter control over the moon, create portals anywhere on or i the Earth, become Nigh-Omniscient and become "threats to the entire universe" with some pretty nifty time travel powers.

Completely agree with Darkanine on Xiaolin showdown it kinda depresses me that it's barely used here at all

Same, tbh. I'd make some matches for them my damn self if I were more familiar with the characters.

Similar case could be made for the Jackie Chan Adventures characters on here. Which is kind of unironic, since both shows basically appealed to the same crowd back when they were airing.

Soldier Blue said:
Anyone in Fairy Tail other than members of Team Natsu, Zeref, Laxus, Acnologia and Igneel.
Fixed it for you. :)

I think Jellal has had some concluded matches, but they're probably outdated now.

Anything from Stargate. The franchise didn't have a single page on here until I made one for the Goa'uld capital ship a week ago.

In general, lot of the Staff has written hundreds of profiles (I've written over 200 himself) and only a small fraction of them get used.

This is particularly annoying with series like the Nasuverse, which has so many interesting characters, but the only ones you actually see in regular Versus Threads are Saber, Archer, Gilgamesh, BB, Berserker, Ryougi Shiki, and Arcueid Brunestud.

Back