• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale SOUL absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Undertale monsters already have SOUL manipulation due being able to affect SOULS and all, but i think that Absorption (Soul Absorption) also need to be added to all Monsters due this scan
Sem_titulo_66.jpg

Last edited:
Theoretically it would given that he is still a monster. There's nothing to say he can't absorb the soul but also nothing saying he can. I'd assume he can given how souls can be absorbed by those who don't even have souls to begin with (i.e. Flowey).

it's also heavily implied frisk could've taken asgore's soul so they should probably get this ability too, at least with a "possibly" at the beginning since supposedly a human has never absorbed a monster's soul, although that might just be due to the apparent rarity of boss monsters and absorbing a regular monster's soul would be extremely difficult since a regular monster's soul is so weak that it basically dies instantly outside of the host's body (with the exception of flowey absorbing their souls at the end for some reason, probably just plot tbh)

it's also heavily implied frisk could've taken asgore's soul so they should probably get this ability too, at least with a "possibly" at the beginning since supposedly a human has never absorbed a monster's soul, although that might just be due to the apparent rarity of boss monsters and absorbing a regular monster's soul would be extremely difficult since a regular monster's soul is so weak that it basically dies instantly outside of the host's body (with the exception of flowey absorbing their souls at the end for some reason, probably plot tbh)
Wait, actually, Chara could take Frisk soul as well, so, humans also should have it?

I may be misremembering this but wasn't the reason Frisk even escaped the underground in the neutral ending that they absorbed Asgore's soul to pass through? If that's the case then basically all characters in Undertale should get soul absorption Nevermind, just remembered, Flowey destroyed Asgore's soul. Also you could probably just word the absorption the way it's worded in Flowey's profile "(Can absorb SOULs of defeated humans)"

Wait, actually, Chara could take Frisk soul as well, so, humans also should have it?
idk where exactly it's stated but supposedly humans can't absorb other humans' souls and chara isn't exactly human anymore at the point they do that anyway
also I think it's generally agreed that chara stole our soul, the player's soul, and we probably wouldn't be classified as "human" in undertale's world

oh yeah and they should also get statistics amplification paired with their SOUL absorption since it's established that monsters get a large power boost after absorbing a human soul, enough where asriel with just one human soul could've easily killed all the humans that were attacking him, and it's implied frisk would've also gotten a power boost from absorbing asgore's soul, but probably a smaller one since monster souls are a lot weaker than human souls

Last edited:
I think it's should be soul manipulation
They already have soul manipulation, but they can also absorb souls, which fits with this
''
Soul Absorption: The user can absorb the souls of other beings, typically killing them, drawing power from them and growing more powerful the more souls they've absorbed. They may even gain the abilities and memories of the souls they've absorbed.''

Yeah they would then. Should we add a note about humans absorbing monster souls being less potent or is that not really necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back