• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undead and Unstoppable - Jason Voorhees vs. Scorpion

Jinsye

She/Her
With the new Friday the 13th upgrades, let's try this.

Both are 7-B, speed is =

Jason Voorhees: 0

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat): 0

joe-galvan-jason-x-copy.jpg
15031.jpg

As a note, are they in-character or bloodlusted? Also is this his Scorpion-Hanzo or Grandmaster version?

So as a general thing
  • AP: Jason is 4.4x to 2.2x superior to Scorpion
  • Lifting Strength: Scorpion is roughly 3x superior to Jason, so grappling will fall in his favor
  • Skill: No contest Scorpion is much better
  • Character limitations: As a note, Jason and Hanzo have some crippling weaknesses in regards to their morals. Scorpion isn't going to run away from a fight and Jason's intense need to physically destroy stuff means he opts out of some of his more powerful hax
So what it comes down to is mostly hax. So for Jason, the notable ones would be
  • Regeneration: Jason can regenerate from complete brain damage in ten seconds and his nanomachines can rebuild him from a single speck. In order to kill Jason Scorpion would either need to brick through Jason's natural regen then find a way to stop the nanomachines from repairing Jason
  • Reactive Evolution: Jason constantly adapts to previous threats and improves on what happened before. When he got his brain melted the first time it took ten seconds to repair, within a minute or so he was healing in five seconds and after than even quicker. Hanzo could be on a clock basically
  • Absorption: If (and it is an if mind you) Jason opts for absorption then Hanzo is in a bad spot. Jason can absorb physically matter, kinetic energy, and ambient heat energy to become stronger. Considering those are all of Hanzo's attack options he isn't in the best situation if that happens.
  • Enhanced Senses: Jason can detect machines gaining human emotions and detect humans through the vacuum of space. Its unlikely Scorpion can effectively use stealth in this match up
  • Phasing: Can be used to counter almost all of Scorpion's attacks besides his own phasing
Scorpion's notable haxes in my views are
  • BFR: Pretty self-explanatory. Hanzo could dump Jason into another realm and be done with it. However as previously mentioned I don't see this being a thing in-character. Especially against someone as evil and tainted as Jason would be at this point
  • Teleportation: Scorpion is really adapt at chaining this into his attacks and can use it to escape some dangerous situations
So in the end the key points
  1. If Jason opts to use any of his hax he can reliable tank or counter the vast majority of Scorpion's options
  2. Jason's regen is an extremely hard obstacle to get over with just brute force. BFR is the best option but I don't think that's really in-character for Hanzo
  3. Hanzo is vastly more skilled than Jason and has better lifting strength. This likely gives him complete control over a melee fight
  4. Jason is stronger and more durable by a notable amount. To the point that when combined with his regen Hanzo may not have a solid win condition outside of BFR
So basically its a sluggish regenerating brick wall vs a skilled swole ninja. In-character I sorta lean towards Jason, since the fight will last for a long period of time which increases the chances of Jason opting to use more of his powers of for Hanzo to be injured in some way. However his win condition is just "Last long enough to stop being stupid" while Scorpion's win option is "Do the dishonorable thing and just BFR Jason". I'll let others decide which is more likely, but that's my take on it.

Scorpion can probably use his intangibility to evade Jason's attacks, but not for long, Scorpion's chains should be able to help him, but it's just a matter of Jason sinking his attacks for several minutes without any change until he knows he can't defeat to Jason and use bfr

sure if jason doesn't use his hax first

Scorpion has a definite mobility advantage with teleportation and even pseudo-flight along with afterimages. That coupled with his skill and LS advantage means that he has a lot of control over the fight even if Jason's abilities make actually killing him to be very hard if nigh-impossible for the Hellfire ninja. Intangibility further cements his defensive options while Mid-Level regen helps mitigate any damage or mistakes he makes.

The moment that Jason uses his hax however, he wins. But the moment that Hanzo says 'Screw this!' and BFR's Jason, he take this.

I'll play it safe and say Incon, for now.

Back