• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tyranid and Genestealer Downgrade

AbaddonTheDisappointment

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Currently, Tyranids and Genestealers are High 6-C because of scaling to lascannons. The problem is, lascannons were downgraded from High 6-C to High 8-C but the Tyranid and Genestealer profiles were never changed according to that from what I can tell. They were kept the same for some reason unknown to me.

So I'm proposing that the keys that contain High 6-C for the tyranids other than the Bio-Titans and Dominatricies, be downgraded to "At least High 8-C". The Bio-Titans would be downgraded to "At least High 8-C, possibly High 6-A" and the Dominatricies would be downgraded to "At least High 8-C, likely High 6-A" as they would no longer scale to High 6-C.

The genestealer's page would get the same treatment with all their keys that contain High 6-C being downgraded to "At least High 8-C". The Magus key would be changed from "At least 7-C, likely High 6-C" to "At least 7-C" because it no longer scales to High 6-C and the Patriarch key would be changed to "At least 7-C" as it scales to the Magus.

Last edited:
Can you give a bit more reasoning in this as to what exactly you're scaling these downgrades to? Also to answer your question as to why they haven't updated, it's mostly laziness and focusing on the far bigger fish of 4-B/High 5-A/Low 5-B and it's axing.

Seems straightforward enough.

Or not. Not following the broader revisions.

Can you give a bit more reasoning in this as to what exactly you're scaling these downgrades to? Also to answer your question as to why they haven't updated, it's mostly laziness and focusing on the far bigger fish of 4-B/High 5-A/Low 5-B and it's axing.
I'm scaling these to the Adeptus Astartes profiles where it says that lascannons and other heavy weapons are considered to be "At least High 8-C". From what I can tell, the Tyranids and Genestealers scaled to them when lascannons were calced as High 6-C. So they should scale to High 8-C since it was downgraded unless I'm missing something. Nothing on their profile actually links to anything other than the Adeptus Astartes.

The calc is here.

Last edited:
Currently, Tyranids and Genestealers are High 6-C because of scaling to lascannons. The problem is, lascannons were downgraded from High 6-C to High 8-C but the Tyranid and Genestealer profiles were never changed according to that from what I can tell.
If Tyranids and Genestealers were High 6-C only due to scaling from Lascannons, then they should be downgraded along with them by virtue.

So, I agree with this CRT suggestion.

I'm scaling these to the Adeptus Astartes profiles where it says that lascannons and other heavy weapons are considered to be "At least High 8-C". From what I can tell, the Tyranids and Genestealers scaled to them when lascannons were calced as High 6-C. So they should scale to High 8-C since it was downgraded unless I'm missing something. Nothing on their profile actually links to anything other than the Adeptus Astartes.

The calc is here.
That part I got, I was moreso referring to the other tiers getting replaced.

That part I got, I was moreso referring to the other tiers getting replaced.
I'm assuming you mean the Magus and the Patriarch since they're the only ones that weren't changed from High 6-C to High 8-C. If you mean them then I have no idea. Their profiles just say "At least 7-C, Likely High 6-C". There's no link to any calc, no actual feat to scale it to, it just says "At least 7-C, Likely High 6-C" so I just propsed we get rid of the High 6-C.

Other than that I don't really know what you're asking. It's really just taking the High 6-C keys and replacing them with High 8-C.

At this point I'm honestly considering deleting the profile outright and remaking it at another time. It's simply so low quality.

At this point I'm honestly considering deleting the profile outright and remaking it at another time. It's simply so low quality.
I mean that's probably a good call considering they're sparingly used and probably won't get as many updates as profiles like the Primarchs. Genestealers literally only have two threads, one of them being this one and the other being from like 3 years ago.

The 4-B/High 5-A/Low 5-B will be for the most part axed.

When I don't know the other revisions going on I can't really give anything of note here. If lascannons aren't High 6-C anymore they're not High 6-C.

Baby primarch 6-A calc exists, though it should probably be 6-B, but outside of that no idea where Tyranids are going

That calc is bullshit as well because it doesn't make any sense for them to be that high outside of Warp space. If you read any amount of 40k lore you'll quickly find that 4-B Primarchs are the absolutely, absolute top wankery you can squeeze out of their feats.

Hey, just going by what I know, chances of that tier 6 calc being an outlier, especially for baby primarchs is high

The 4-B/High 5-A/Low 5-B will be for the most part axed.
I'm both surprised and happy with this. I wanted to adress the problems of those tiers in 40k, as they feel very wrong in the 40k context. I wish I could debate it well, but not only I'm focusing on other series right now, but I also do not trust my debating skills...

If I can help in anything with the revisions, I'm willing to.

Ngl, feel kinda stupid right now for not thinking that you’d just have a discord server to discuss this.

Are people allowed to join and help out with it?

Last edited:
Back