• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 6 immortality?

So, I've just noticed something for Mercer's profile. He has type 6 listed as a type of immortality.

Now, I'm just here to ask something about that. How does Mercer actually have type 6 immortality? And how it is applicable for combat situations?

I can understand him having types 1, 2, 3, and 7 Immortality, but I need someone to shed some light for his type 6 immortality and why he has it.

In truth, the creature acting as the protagonist is not Mercer but the Blacklight virus', which was released by the real Alex Mercer moments before he was shot dead and infected. T'he virus reanimated his corpse and came to believe it was him; however, evidence suggests that their personalities differed quite sharply.

The person in that profile is actually a virus posing as a human. Hopefully that answers everything.

Okay...

But, how is that relevant in a combat situation? Like, is he able to transfer his consciousness to an infected, or?

Okay... And how is he going to be able to do that? With the Hivemind, with the fact that he's a sapient virus that could infect his enemies, or?

As a sapient virus, anyone coming close to him would automatically be infected, probably requiring an advanced immune system to deal with. Upon death, he could take over the body of his opponent. However, as the time for complete infection isn't made entirely clear throughout the Prototype games, so it could be that his time as a dormant virus would be enough for an incap.

Also, depite the name, this is an indexing site, not just a VS site. Even if the ability isn't combat-applicable, we will still give it to him.

Hmm. Given how long it took for the 3 Blackwatch soldiers to get infected by the tainted Whitelight virus (which was tainted by Mercer's blood, and the fact that the Blacklight virus is apparently powerful enough to bypass the filters of gas masks) and being turned into Evolved in the "Fall From Grace" mission, it'll probably take a couple of seconds. So, the infection speed isn't actually that unknown.

Okay. Though due to what I've mentioned above, it just might be combat applicable, due to how quick it takes for Mercer to infect others with his virus.

Awesome. Sorry that I've only got a basic understanding of the Prototype games, but I was happy to help, if I did.

You definitely helped a lot.

I am now just wondering why nobody took into account of Mercer's type 6 Immortality (which I guess can only be overcome if every single infected around him is wiped out, like what Heller did through his tendrils upon consuming Mercer)... Oh well, guess I would keep that in mind for any future debates with Mercer.

Back