• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Valkyries Fight Their Former Queen

Hrist and Mist can hold their own against Ragnarok Kratos and Atreus so they kinda body Sigrun in terms of physicals. While the latter has better versatility and experience, she's doesn't have any immediate win conditions that allow her to overcome two stronger Valkyries with great teamwork.

Hrist and Mist low/mid-diff.

Hrist and Mist can hold their own against Ragnarok Kratos and Atreus so they kinda body Sigrun in terms of physicals. While the latter has better versatility and experience, she's doesn't have any immediate win conditions that allow her to overcome two stronger Valkyries with great teamwork.

Hrist and Mist low/mid-diff.
I wouldn't say them being able to hold their own against Ragnarok Kratos and Atreus is all that impressive. Both of them were holding back, and base Atreus is rather inconsistent with his scaling, definitely not comparable to any of the top tier characters. Once Kratos stopped holding back and Atreus transformed, Hrist and Mist were defeated pretty quickly. I know people disagree, but I really don't believe that the difference in AP between 2018 Kratos and Ragnarok Kratos is that significant.

It took greater effort from Kratos to defeat Sigrun, and by that time, he'd already begun to regain some of his previous experience and power. Kratos outright called her the most challenging opponent he'd faced on their journey, making her superior to Baldur. So I don't believe that the AP difference between Sigrun and Hrist & Mist is that noticeable. Sigrun's got more abilities than Hrist and Mist, too. She basically has all the other abilities of the Valkyries at her disposal. I believe her greater experience and abilities would give her an advantage.

Last edited:
Kratos doesn't go all out in every fight but to say he wasn't putting in a notable amount of effort in some of his godly fights, like this one, is a bit disingenuous. We see what a physically one-sided fight looks like for him (Heimdall post-precog for instance was just getting dogwalked even in cutscenes) and Hrist and Mist weren't being beaten that soundly even if he wasn't peddling the gas like with Thor and Odin.

And as far as our current consensus (and the actual director of the game) goes, Kratos recovered all of his old strength during Fimbulwinter. Even if he shook some rust off during his journey to Jotunheim, it was only during the three year period that his power really returned, by statements and the developers. Sigrun is accepted as being stronger than Baldur but like, the latter is just rated as "weaker than rusty Norse Kratos", which still puts her below the two, even if not to an egregious oneshot degree.

Back