• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two russian mobsters fight as synthwave music plays in the background

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Fight takes place in a sleazy bar at night, quickly abandoned by everyone but these two when it became clear a fight would break out. The Son has the Bodyguard katana, Dirty Hands brass knuckles and a pistol, while V has his knife, gauntlets and handgun. Both of them have probably taken enough drugs to knock out a bear but don't worry about that.

Speed equalized

V (Katana Zero): 5

The Son (Hotline Miami): 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Hmm.

Irrc V killed some nulls, but not sure if he had help with that. How skilled is he?

Son wiped out entire gangs, banks, and a skyscraper of his own guys with ease. He killed the fans, who did the same.

He's pretty damn good, I don't think he had any real help, he just beat the shit out of these guys and their broken precog until they gave up and died. Obviously the ones he beat weren't as good as Subject Zero but even then the fight against Zero can end in a "win" for either combatant since Snow interrupts it anyway, so V likely managed to "kill" Zero a couple of times in their scuffle. He only ends up getting killed when taken by surprise by Fifteen, so if you ask me he's honestly the most skilled guy in the verse right now. He doesn't have any feats outside of that but even just that is a lot imo.

Anyway they're both baseline (V upscales a bit since he can toss around Zero with ease) and speed is equalized. V has a LS advantage but the Son is more agile, V can reflect bullets and the Son can dodge them, their options are about the same.

It seems like they were reliant on precog to do the work for them rather than skill. However fair about Zero.

V isn’t baseline. He scales to zero, who irrc has a 1 megajoule feats. It seems like V would stomp in a melee duel.

Is that the case? I didn't realize that. Then the Son has all his default weaponry, that's an advantage. However they start at 4 meters away so it's not just "gun gg", does that sound fair to both?

Russian character with blue hair...

I guess his quote is represents me unexpecting that.

Is that the case? I didn't realize that. Then the Son has all his default weaponry, that's an advantage. However they start at 4 meters away so it's not just "gun gg", does that sound fair to both?
Probably, the one can run to enemy and other can shoot. Plus there's different ways how they're can keep the fight.

I'll hit that with a "maybe" since Subject Zero can't reflect automatic fire. That said he might just be able to guard against that, but it wouldn't be infallible

In that case, I’ll vote the V for superior AP and skill (depending if the mills were reliant on their precog to succeed in missions).

V has a 10x AP advantage over the son. Bullets would have a hard time digging into him.

The Nulls were reliant on it but I still think that developed a kind of skill y'know? In abusing their power and finding the optimal strategy through trial and error.

Vote counted tho

Someone else pilots the helicopter I'm pretty sure, so no. Besides, they're in a bar, bit difficult to use it there.

I admittedly didn't reas that they are in a bar, and the idea of the helicopter being inside is quite funny.

So, the fight is basically them shooting at each others, at least at first. How do they behave? From what I see The Son can charge through and avoid the first rounds, but he seems to be surpassed by V in close combat due to his higher ap, but Son's katana is definitely better than V's knife.

(I'll wait for more inputs)

V is able to counter head-on assaults from Subject Zero (who's also a dodgeroll-happy guy with a katana) with his knife (he stabs him and tosses him away although that doesn't kill him) so he can definitely keep up with the Son's katana. As for longer range, he either fires his gun or charges forward with a shoulder tackle iirc

Is the Son more prone to start by shooting or does he try to dodge bullets and get close?

In a ranged fight it seems they both can handle the other's pistol, one dodging and the other blocking with his gauntlets (both while being able to take cover around the bar), and once they finish the bullets they have to resort to close combat, I think.

Is the Son more prone to start by shooting or does he try to dodge bullets and get close?
Completely up to the player I think, but gameplay tells us he's very fine with both
In a ranged fight it seems they both can handle the other's pistol, one dodging and the other blocking with his gauntlets (both while being able to take cover around the bar), and once they finish the bullets they have to resort to close combat, I think.
I would agree, yeah.

Then I guess V has more chances to take this, with higher ap and LS, added to enough skill to keep up with Son.

Edit: My vote is for him

I admittedly didn't reas that they are in a bar, and the idea of the helicopter being inside is quite funny.
I like the imagery. A true tactical genius movement, disguising a helicopter in the middle of a bar by covering him with some benches and bottles, and when someone acts vaguely hostile to you, you press the button to send hellfire missiles at point-blank range. Truly a grand strategy master.

Seriously though, I like this match. It's straightforward, really, the Son is a really bloodthirsty bastard but, judging by HLM1, he likes to mostly stay shooting, which is actually dangerous for V. While starting at a close range and having good speed is good for V as he can cover more ground, it also makes it MUCH harder to dodge and avoid bullets, so this isn't as clear-cut as stated. V is stronger, and he seems more competent, but I'd hesitate to call him a more skilled man. The Son has quite a number of feats, but he seems more mindless and careless than V.

I'm voting for V, but it could go either way.

Back