• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm sure this has come up before, but Dark Queen and Excalibur Sonic are each at least High 6-A becaue of...Merlina transforming an entire kingdom? There isn't a calc, and I highly doubt transforming a single kingdom yields Multi-Continental results, so I'd like to think the justification should be changed to "Should be at least superior to Sonic's base form".

Also, I'm sure this will definitely be rejected, but I have to ask. Sonic has harmed Dark Gaia and Perfect Chaos in his base form. I guess as supporting evidence, Sonic could even fight Chaos 6, who's at Planet Level. What I'm asking is that, is it still fair to say Large Planet level Sonic is an outlier?

Would personally prefer if people focus on the first paragraph since I don't have high hopes for the second one.

I don't mind changing the justification for them. Wouldn't be drastic.

As for the second one, I think 5-B base characters is ok (there's also a 5-B feat in Sonic Riders), but I disagree with 5-A because Sonic had to exploit vulnerable parts of Dark Gaia's and Perfect Chaos's bodies, them being the eyes and brain respectively in order to harm them, so he doesn't fully scale to them.

There are some good feats.

Namely from Erazor Djinn and Void.

I know they're outliers but it makes 5-A a bit easier to accept.

Erazor is stated to have absorbed half the energy of the Arabian Nights in base, restored it after he was defeated and weakened in his base form, and is superior to King Shahryar who created the Arabian Nights to begin with

If this is an outlier for Sonic, then that makes sense, but I feel like it at least warrants an upgrade for Erazor.

But the thread I made trying to do that didn't really go anywhere.

Maybe I'll just try again some other time.

Excalibur Sonic is stronger than Base Sonic not at least as strong, neutral for Erazor, lastly for 5-B Sonic it had the Chaos 6 problem which ShadowWarrior linked, though it was during the Adventure Era but in Forces the cast was threatened by a high High 6-A attack from Infinite. Overall Modern Sonic power varies depending on the game / writer.

So what would you think about something like "Varies. High 6-A to 5-B"? Or does them using eggman's inventions complete invalidate Chaos 6 as a feat? If so, does the feat from Sonic Riders count?

You would need to have some kind of information to back up giving a variable tier. Variable tier works for Super Sonic because of the Chaos Emeralds' chaotic nature where their power can change in any given situation, the whole "turning thoughts into power" ordeal, you get the point.

Base Sonic doesn't have anything of that nature going for him.

Well yeah, it varies a lot.

Erazor might be more powerful than a lot of Base Sonic's current stuff and Sonic beat him pretty handily.

I'm honestly not sure about universal Erazor, but even if it was legit it would be an outlier for Base Sonic.

Although when Erazor transformed into Alf Layla wa-Layla, he says he would remake "this world and this reality in my own image." World and reality appear to be used in a different context, so when they're mentioning the world, are you sure it isn't just referring to the planet?

I'm not sure it would be universal but whatever it is it should at least apply to Erazor himself seeing as Secret Rings is his only major appearance.

Maybe just apply it to his wish power, idk, something.

Anyway they explicitly state that he restored and absorbed the energy of the Arabian Nights. Even at the endgame Sonic explicitly states "Arabian Nights" when forcing Erazor to restore the world. Plus King Shahryar created the Arabian Nights in general and Erazor is above him.

Back