• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Joebros go toe to toe (Polnareff vs Kakyoin)

Polnareff defends himself from Kakyoin's attack and shoots his sword hitting him from behind.

Depends. Kakyoin definitely has the range advantage with Hierophant Barrier and all that. Polnareff never saw the Hierophant Barrier in use (at least not in the way Kakyoin used it against DIO) so he wouldn't know that the strings will be detecting his movements and attacking him from all sorts of angles.

However Silver Chariot is probably > Hierophant Green, as Hierophant Green was only capable of lightly phasing Star Platinum while Silver Chariot was capable of fighting on par with it, and its rapier was undamaged from the fight. If Polnareff gets up close he pretty much wins but he's going to have a hard time doing that, since he starts just outside of Kakyoin's 20 m range due to Standard Battle Assumptions.

I'm going for Kakyoin. He was generally one of the more clever ones on the team, while Polnareff is cocky and hotheaded. Yes Silver Chariot does have that secret technique of shooting its sword but by the time he gets the chance to use it, it'll probably be too late.

Well, I still vote Polnareff. He has 8-B dura, far more experience than Kakyoin, and can quickly boost the speed of SC by a very significant degree, which I believe will be more enough to defend himself from Kakyoin attacking from all angles.

Just wanted to point out that they are both revised. They are no longer 8-B+ just 8-B.

I vote Kakyoin on the basis of him getting progressively smarter as the series went on. He started to use his range more and more. Polnareff has never really gotten smarter, maybe a bit more creative but nothing much.

He'll probably run away and take it in-doors where he has the advantage. Polnareff finally catches up saying "There's nowhere to run now!" and proceeds to sent Chariot after Kakyoin. Unbenknowst to him, Hierophant Green has already made its way outside via ventillation shafts. He stands directly outside a window Polnareff cannot see and blasts him with a near point-blank emerald splash. Polnareff hesitates in striking down Kakyoin because he knows he needs to turn Chariot around FAST. This hesitation is his downfall, he now cannot not strike Kakyoin in time or turn Chariot around in time. He gets blasted to death, GG.

There are buildings not too far from Central Park.

It's not just a giant field. You can jog to an apartment in a minute from Central Park. Go search it up on google maps.

Polnareff won't be able to defend himself from the 20-meter Emerald Splash even if Silver Chariot had his armor off. So I vote Kakyoin.

@ProfessorLord

And that's all assuming Polnareff can even get close to Kakyoin.

Silver Chariot would have to be able to protect Polnareff from Emerald Splashes coming at him from multiple angles at once, triggered by touching strings that Polnareff cannot see. At some point Polnareff is going to get desperate and shoot his sword out, which will be from a distance great enough for Kakyoin to react to it, leaving Polnareff defenseless.

Kakyoin's stand can also be cut in half with no ill consequences, as we've seen with Death 13... so long as it's a tendril and not actually HG. So he can use this to make Polnareff think he's cut his stand in half, play dead, then blast him from every direction.

The Lovers was the only stand/thing that Kakyoin landed a good thing on.

Polnareff himself can tank emerald splashes, though, as Kakyoin used it on him to get him out of the way of The Hanged Man's attack.

That's just PIS Arbitrary. Either that, or he held back his emerald splash?

Either way, Kakyoin managed to put a hole in DIO with it. That would be City Block Level+ AP. Polnareff has City Block Level durability.

I'm still updating profiles after revision, but that should remain true.

The logic is Star Platinum has shattered DIO's skull who had a 64 ton calcuation. (Which is City Block Lvel+)

Now, throughout SDC and DIU most villains of the week have scaled solely from surviving multiple blows from Star Platinum. Makes sense right? No.

Jotaro is clearly pulling Star Platinum's punches. He is not actively trying to kill everyone he gives an ORAORAORA too. He had a speech dedicated to pointing out evil. He's the good guy. Not to mention the only person he has killed was DIO (and Kira in-directly.) and he verbalized he was going to do so. He never verbalized he was going to kill Yellow Temperance, Steely Dan etc.

If he wasn't pulling the punches that means everyone is on the same durability as DIO... which makes no ******* sense. He's a vampire and they're all humans, yet they can take the same kind of damage?

That's why the decision was made to downgrade them from City Block+ to just City Block, in order to reflect the difference between Jotaro trying to kill you and Jotaro holding back.

This was agreed upon in the latest revision.

His atomic destruction will be adjusted in wording but his (non-existent) soul destruction will have to remain. We did not have enough votes to warrant one side or the other, and two of the biggest contributors of that thread and JoJo on vsbattle in general are gone.

Standuser081 said:
No, I meant his durabilty being downgraded. Wasn't Jotaro holding back when he beat up Kira?
I will use my better judgement and see if that is the only thing he scales to.

If yes, then yes his dura would be downgraded with the rest.

I am planning on doing all of this early early morning.

Back