• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Geralt of Rivia versus Altair Ibn-La'Ahad (Both 9-A, Altair at age 92. The Apple of Eden is restricted, all of Altair's other gear is allowed)

In a secluded clearing stretching on for miles. Both are 20 metres apart when the fight starts. Speed Unequalised (The profiles indicate they should have comparable attack and reaction speeds, so this might be fair. Not 100% certain). Otherwise, SBA.

Who will win?

Guy who hates portals: 9 (Keeweed, KLOL506, SheevSezarrine, ItalianGuy1234, SpookyShadow, ShadowWhoWalks, ATrex1, ThaTSayMarine, Axl233)

please stop making me write this name in full:

They give up and go out to the pub together:

GeraltRender2hr
Altaïr Old

How good is Altaïr's mind manipulation resistance because Geralt scales to controlling 6 to 10 people at once. Even if Geralt doesn't just Axii to win he can't be hurt at all due to quen and Altaïr's stealth fails massively due to Geralt being able to sense people from miles away and can tell that someone hundreds of feet away is sick due to their breathing pattern (he also knew what they were sick with).

Geralt probably has the skill advantage, but I know assassins creed games like to get a little crazy in those regards. At the very least Geralt has the experience advantage.

I'll vote Geralt, even if he can't just instant win with Axii, he can't be hit ever due to quen and could just out skill Altaïr from there (or he could just face tank through all of Altaïr's attacks due to quen).

Though note, if this is Apple of Eden Altaïr, Geralt dies horribly.

Altair doesn't have Apple of Eden, since I realised quickly that would be too OP. I specified that he doesn't have any of his equipment, but I'm fully willing to give him smaller things like his hidden blades if this is way too far in Geralt's direction.

Hidden blades is Altaïr's most famous and basic weapon, I don't see why that has to be restricted. Heck; Geralt carries a lot of similar weapons on him (bombs, a crossbow, and oils vs bombs, guns, and stealth items).

I thinks items in this match would be fine for both opponents, just not the apple of eden because that practically turns Altaïr into a demi god.

Fair enough. It just says that Altair is "9-A physically, higher with equipment" so I wasn't sure if that would tip the scale too much in Altair's direction. It should be fine though; I'll change the OP.

The AP difference is monstrous, 8.75x (Basically AP stomp if Altair even lands a hit on Geralt).

The Apple of Eden can cover entire cities in ordinary human hands so I'd say it's waaaaaaaaaaay above Geralt's paygrade. Geralt's senses tho, are also a bit above Altair since there's no evidence that Altair's other ordinary senses even come close to Ezio's.

However Altair basically has no answer for Geralt's other abilities (Piercing Cold in general). Not only that, Old Altair is horrible when it comes to even moving around and his saving grace is combat and reaction speed. I don't think Geralt would even need to use Quen for this.

Geralt takes this low-to-mid-diff via ability spam and Piercing Cold + better senses and higher movement speed.

Gotcha. I'll add your vote.

My bad, added now.

ItalianGuy1234 said:
Should've been Young Altair imo
Young Alty got an intelligence disadvantage. Plus, all versions of Alty got nothing against Quen or Piercing Cold.

Geralt is 28.3 kg of TNT so it's more like 8.75x. Altair still doesn't have an answer for Quen which can take entire meteor strikes without fail and then there's Piercing Cold. Also I'd say Geralt would have a slight edge in stamina due to better regen and overall being able to take things to the neck more efficiently on a daily basis.

Young Altair's biggest weakness is his ego which rivals his own intellect, which may as well seal the deal with a serious Geralt.

The page states that he is still apparently comparable to his younger self, though I'm not really knowledgeable enough on the details to comment about it either way. Maybe ask a knowledgeable member on Assassin's Creed?

The Secret Crusade novel states that old Altair had surpassed his younger self as noted by Niccolo Polo, at least in terms of strength, skill and stamina (Or possibly just got back to his prime self minus speed) due to renewed training. And this is for 92-year-old Altair, not his 82-year-old self.

His only problems were movement speed, otherwise fistfighting was basically a breeze in the game.

That makes grace. I want to overhear what Sir Ovens was saying; he seemed to be a bit doubtful. But otherwise, grace has started.

Don't mind me. Was just wondering why we were using old Altair instead of peak Altair. That being said, Altair is not the strongest assassin we got in the series, so I'm looking forward to seeing how other assassins fair against Geralt.

If I'm being 100% honest, I used old Altair purely so I could make that joke in the title

Grace has been over since the 7th vote. I'll add the fight in.

Thanks for the help, but the formatting was messed up and didn't link the thread properly. I've fixed it up now. Should I close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back