• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two blondes brawl (Kento Nanami vs Katsuki Bakugou)

The battle takes place in an abandoned city
The two start off 20 meters away
Bakugou is in his War Arc key
Speed is equal

Who wins?

Profiles:

Last edited:
Not that it's a necessity, but wouldn't it be better to make the starting distance small? Nanami only has melee range. Bakugo has hundreds of meters. Giving him a HUGE range advantage.

Bakugo scales to 5.8 kilotons and with Cluster and Howitzer Impact 66 Kilotons

Nanami scales to 7.9 Kilotons

Nanami has a 1.3 AP advantage

It's in character for Bakugo to play range tho, so I don't think the starting distance matters
It does, if they start up close, he won't be able to create distance between them very easily since speed is equalized. Nanami would constantly be on him. Whereas if they start far away, since speed is equalized, at bare minimum, Bakugo can easily keep a fair distance open between them. This means Nanami will at least be able to land a good amount of attacks from the get go and in the long run compared to a rather big starting distance.

It does, if they start up close, he won't be able to create distance between them very easily since speed is equalized. Nanami would constantly be on him. Whereas if they start far away, since speed is equalized, at bare minimum, Bakugo can easily keep a fair distance open between them. This means Nanami will at least be able to land a good amount of attacks from the get go and in the long run compared to a rather big starting distance.
That's highly unlikely he can propel himself in the air right from the start, which would make sense against a melee/weapon user. Speed is equalized, but Bakugo has speed amps with cluster and the more he fights, the stronger and faster he will become. Nanami won't be able to keep up due to Range, AOE, and speed plus damage amps. Nanami doesn't resist heat and Bakugo's blast can go up to, 5000c

I'm voting for Bakugo

Fight is odd because Bakugou can oneshot Nanami with Howitzer but if Nanami gets too close he can easily remove Bakugou’s arms, which are the source of his power

When Bakugo is in close range he fights in close combat, whether that means using his explosives right in front of the opponent, or h2h.

Closing the range gap will make this more fair

If Nanami gets in close and uses that ratio thing it's GG and there goes Bakugo's arms, but Bakugo can pull off more wins

That's highly unlikely he can propel himself in the air right from the start, which would make sense against a melee/weapon user. Speed is equalized, but Bakugo has speed amps with cluster and the more he fights, the stronger and faster he will become. Nanami won't be able to keep up due to Range, AOE, and speed plus damage amps. Nanami doesn't resist heat and Bakugo's blast can go up to, 5000c

I'm voting for Bakugo
IIRC, Nanami has been shown to jump pretty high. So if he does propel himself in the air it's possible Nanami will just retaliate by just jumping after him. After all, Nanami doesn't even need to get many hits to win. His ratio technique would allow him to easily cut limbs off of him.

Not to mention the heat from explosions last for a very split period of time. It would be different if the heat lasted long enough to actually char and melt things, but that's not often the case.

Distance was changed to 10 meters away
Okay that's more fair.

I vote Nanami. With that range, bakugo is very very likely to propel himself forward to attack Nanami, which would allow him to use his ratio technique. I doubt Bakugo will use Howitzer unless he has like 0 options. So even if Bakugo decides to play the range game, Nanami will have no issues running away or dodging. Nanami is very meticulous and very smart with the way he fights. He won't overexert himself (unless in Overtime), so he won't approach if he has no way to, and Bakugo isn't going to let him. So Bakugo will just be wasting his stamina shooting blasts and not actually hitting him.

Since they're in an abandoned city, Nanami can hide behind the buildings, behind shops, behind poles, run around the city, and while Bakugo can easily just chase after him, Bakugo will waste more energy chasing after him and trying to hit him with his Explosions.

I believe that eventually it will turn into a close combat fight because Bakugo will struggle to hit him, and in that case Nanami should be able to get just a few hits and score a victory.

Also forgive me if I'm underestimating Bakugo, I'm really busy rn just wanted to spill out my thoughts on the match

TL;DR Nanamin FRA

IIRC, Nanami has been shown to jump pretty high. So if he does propel himself in the air it's possible Nanami will just retaliate by just jumping after him. After all, Nanami doesn't even need to get many hits to win. His ratio technique would allow him to easily cut limbs off of him.
Bakugo's mobility in the air would be too much for him, it doesn't matter if he could jump towards him, Bakugo can easily maneuver around and counter
Not to mention the heat from explosions last for a very split period of time. It would be different if the heat lasted long enough to actually char and melt things, but that's not often the case.
Bakugo hit Deku with a regular blast, and it wasn't even direct, yet it still burned his leg

Bakugo's mobility in the air would be too much for him, it doesn't matter if he could jump towards him, Bakugo can easily maneuver around and counter
Fair enough. I'm not too aware if it's in character for Bakugo to immediately retreat to get a range advantage when face to face with an enemy instead of going in close, so I won't comment too much further on this. If he were at a large disadvantage in air, it's possible Nanami would just try to get him in closer by going into hiding and running away.
Bakugo hit Deku with a regular blast, and it wasn't even direct, yet it still burned his leg
Could you link me the anime version of this?

Could you link me the anime version of this?
manga version is more accurate and is the primary source.
Also forgive me if I'm underestimating Bakugo, I'm really busy rn just wanted to spill out my thoughts on the match

TL;DR Nanamin FRA
Bakugou using Howitzer is more in character than you think, if Nanami uses the ratio technique to essentially go “ima pay you 5 dollars to **** off” to any parts of his body, he’s immediately going to finish the fight wish that or cluster, and cluster boosts his speed to inhuman degrees for this fight (Saved Deku from an attack done by shigaraki when he‘s currently HHS+ and Bakugou is normally baseline HHS)
And even in melee, he plays a melee zoner type. Preferring to use his explosions to stay a few meters away before closing the gap. And what you said about Bakugou wasting stamina? He’ll go for AP auto machine gun, combine that with AP Shot, and he has a way of sending dozens of blasts at Nanami at once, while also being able to instantly pierce through any defense Nanami tries to hide behind. Bakugou himself is a smart fighter, comparable to Deku in some ways.
Combine that with grenader bracers (which are essentially pocket howitzers), his grenades he can throws, flash bang with his hand, damage boost if he really does take a long time, the fact that Cars are only around 1 or so tons, while Bakugou is comparable to Deku or at this point >>>>3.67 tons meaning he can do his grappling shenanigans, and Nanami isn’t able to take a single Howitzer or cluster, meaning a single YEET and hitting him (it’s over 3x the power of the little boy, it can break through a few buildings) is game over

manga version is more accurate and is the primary source.
I am aware of that, but I'd like to see the anime version, since it looks like he has soot on his leg as opposed to having a burn. It would be easier to tell if it's soot or a burn in the anime. Unless there's a better shot of the burn in the manga, then go ahead and send that. But as of currently, that looks more like soot covering his leg after the explosion. It doesn't look like he received any degree of burn from the panel I'm seeing.
Bakugou using Howitzer is more in character than you think, if Nanami uses the ratio technique to essentially go “ima pay you 5 dollars to **** off” to any parts of his body, he’s immediately going to finish the fight wish that or cluster, and cluster boosts his speed to inhuman degrees for this fight (Saved Deku from an attack done by shigaraki when he‘s currently HHS+ and Bakugou is normally baseline HHS)
But how well would he fight if his arms were hypothetically lopped off. Doesn't his quirk kinda revolve around the use of his hands?
And even in melee, he plays a melee zoner type. Preferring to use his explosions to stay a few meters away before closing the gap.
And if the gap is ever closed at all, he's immediately at risk of receiving fatal damage thanks to Nanami's jujutsu. It's already bad enough if he loses arms, but if his torso, head, etc. were targeted? Doesn't look good for him. When it comes to H2H combat, Nanami has the large advantage here.
And what you said about Bakugou wasting stamina? He’ll go for AP auto machine gun, combine that with AP Shot, and he has a way of sending dozens of blasts at Nanami at once, while also being able to instantly pierce through any defense Nanami tries to hide behind.
The point of the cover is it lessens the damage he'd receive. He could also just, run away from him until he chooses to get close. Since speed is equalized, as long as Nanami starts moving first, he'd be able to avoid Bakugo's attacks.
while Bakugou is comparable to Deku or at this point >>>>3.67 tons meaning he can do his grappling shenanigans
But Nanami scales to around 4 Tonnes. He'd have the LS advantage. He scales to Yuji Itadori who should scale to Jiro. Though if my recalc of that feat gets accepted, they'd become Class M rather than Class 5.
and Nanami isn’t able to take a single Howitzer or cluster, meaning a single YEET and hitting him (it’s over 3x the power of the little boy, it can break through a few buildings) is game over
What does Bakugo's Howitzer Impact scale to?

I am aware of that, but I'd like to see the anime version, since it looks like he has soot on his leg as opposed to having a burn. It would be easier to tell if it's soot or a burn in the anime. Unless there's a better shot of the burn in the manga, then go ahead and send that. But as of currently, that looks more like soot covering his leg after the explosion. It doesn't look like he received any degree of burn from the panel I'm seeing.

But how well would he fight if his arms were hypothetically lopped off. Doesn't his quirk kinda revolve around the use of his hands?
1, not the other, unless your suggesting Nanami can just cough and his ability kills bakugou, he only needs one for howitzers
And if the gap is ever closed at all, he's immediately at risk of receiving fatal damage thanks to Nanami's jujutsu. It's already bad enough if he loses arms, but if his torso, head, etc. were targeted? Doesn't look good for him. When it comes to H2H combat, Nanami has the large advantage here.

The point of the cover is it lessens the damage he'd receive. He could also just, run away from him until he chooses to get close. Since speed is equalized, as long as Nanami starts moving first, he'd be able to avoid Bakugo's attacks.
AP shot's entire point is to break cover and pierce armor, you are literally giving me ammo.
and Auto Machine Gun is essentially a ballistic barrage of these moves, slightly less powerful (thought still 7-C, because 30% and Bakugou are above the baseline to any unknown degree).
But Nanami scales to around 4 Tonnes. He'd have the LS advantage. He scales to Yuji Itadori who should scale to Jiro. Though if my recalc of that feat gets accepted, they'd become Class M rather than Class 5.
Does not tell me this
What does Bakugo's Howitzer Impact scale to?
over 66 kilotons.
Nanami gets his OHKO, bakugou gets his

1, not the other, unless your suggesting Nanami can just cough and his ability kills bakugou, he only needs one for howitzers
Nanami's technique can immediately nearly chop off the limbs of characters stronger than him with his technique

3.jpg

4.jpg

If Nanami already has an AP advantage by default, and his cursed technique can allow him to cut up opponents stronger than him with a single strike, Bakugo's definitely losing a limb. 2 limbs if Nanami goes for his other arm. This isn't even accounting for Black Flash which drastically increases AP when activated, or his amp he gets when working over time.
This is of course assuming Nanami goes for his arms. He could also just decapitate Bakugo.

I was also hoping you'd acknowledge the "burn" on Izuku's leg part as it's rather important.
AP shot's entire point is to break cover and pierce armor, you are literally giving me ammo.
and Auto Machine Gun is essentially a ballistic barrage of these moves, slightly less powerful (thought still 7-C, because 30% and Bakugou are above the baseline to any unknown degree).
My point is, while they'd still receive damage, they'd take less damage than if they took the attack point blank. Albeit said reduction could also be minimal and not too noteworthy.
Does not tell me this
Hm? Confused by what you mean.
over 66 kilotons.
Nanami gets his OHKO, bakugou gets his
Oh, yea. Definitely an OHKO. Though I recall from a previous thread that it has a bit of a charge up. It may also be possible for Nanami to cancel out Howitzer impact with Ratio Technique Collapse. Given his ratio technique works on Mahito who's listed as Large Town level on his profile which would mean he scales to at least 100 Kilotons (Mahito, and thus Nanami's ratio technique). I'm not sure if this is possible, but at the very least, I see Nanami taking advantage of the charge up by either getting away, or going for a killing blow (Though I see him taking the chance to get far away).

Nanami's technique can immediately nearly chop off the limbs of characters stronger than him with his technique

3.jpg

4.jpg

If Nanami already has an AP advantage by default, and his cursed technique can allow him to cut up opponents stronger than him with a single strike, Bakugo's definitely losing a limb. 2 limbs if Nanami goes for his other arm. This isn't even accounting for Black Flash which drastically increases AP when activated, or his amp he gets when working over time.
This is of course assuming Nanami goes for his arms. He could also just decapitate Bakugo.
So like, stomp in Nanami’s favor? Because he can auto gg win and will do it right at the start, while Bakugou can’t do shit.
damn got stomped when range was to long and the. Stomps when range is to close.
this thread is funny
I was also hoping you'd acknowledge the "burn" on Izuku's leg part as it's rather important.
nah shit can’t help ya outside of saying that nitroglycerin melts Stuff and that Midoryia was wearing shorts,

Last edited:
Should I change the range to 20 meters? I feel like if I make the range too close, Nanami stomps, but too far and Bakugou stomps

20 meters is essentially mid range, so I think it’d be fairly neutral for both

Should I change the range to 20 meters? I feel like if I make the range too close, Nanami stomps, but too far and Bakugou stomps

20 meters is essentially mid range, so I think it’d be fairly neutral for both
Maybe, cause at 20 meters Bakugou can still just flip him the bird and keep yeeting.
but if it’s too close for Bakugou to go melee instead of range he gets one tapped
so I guess

Nanami actually stomps via "Curse Crush"

Any damage caused via cursed energy would kill Bakugo

But well, I don't know if this is currently accepted

I mean, in the last thread I participated this had been accepted, but I don't know if it was added

Last part sounds like some NLF lol

Nonetheless, the ability isn’t on his page and is only on the Sorcerer Physiology sandbox, which hasn’t fully been added to the sorcerers’ pages. So, I don’t think this ability can be brought up in this battle

So like, stomp in Nanami’s favor? Because he can auto gg win and will do it right at the start, while Bakugou can’t do shit.
damn got stomped when range was to long and the. Stomps when range is to close.
this thread is funny
If he goes for the head or any other large important body, yea. It'd be GG for him. Keep in mind though that he needs to hit at the 7:3 ratio for the technique to work. Albeit, he's very accurate and has hit it every time from what I've seen.
nah shit can’t help ya outside of saying that nitroglycerin melts Stuff and that Midoryia was wearing shorts,
I'll see if the Anime has the scene, that'd probably clear some things up. Even so tho, from what I remember, unless the temperature is extremely hot (I'm talking like a nuclear bomb type of heat), the heat exerted in a very short timeframe isn't likely to cause some severe burn that'll put him out of action. I mean, has it ever caused any severe burns even in MHA?

I think until further argument, this could be incon since both have strong win cons.

If he goes for the head or any other large important body, yea. It'd be GG for him. Keep in mind though that he needs to hit at the 7:3 ratio for the technique to work. Albeit, he's very accurate and has hit it every time from what I've seen.

I'll see if the Anime has the scene, that'd probably clear some things up. Even so tho, from what I remember, unless the temperature is extremely hot (I'm talking like a nuclear bomb type of heat), the heat exerted in a very short timeframe isn't likely to cause some severe burn that'll put him out of action. I mean, has it ever caused any severe burns even in MHA?

I think until further argument, this could be incon since both have strong win cons.
actually yeah, I'll shake on that I'll go incon as well

I feel like Bakugo has way more win cons but I will settle for incon if that’s what everyone agrees with

Well, that ******* sucks lmao

Do the supporters have any plans on revising the verse?
Yeah, it's been discussed on the JJK discussion thread, we have a hold on scaling Mid Tiers like Nanami (Extreme end-Multi City Block-Baseline Town level
@Mazdoesstuff You should get someone to close this then since it's an AP stomp now
Considering the above, Nanami would actually be scaling to 1.2 Kilotons while Bakugo is 5.6 Kilotons

Yeah, it's been discussed on the JJK discussion thread, we have a hold on scaling Mid Tiers like Nanami (Extreme end-Multi City Block-Baseline Town level

Considering the above, Nanami would actually be scaling to 1.2 Kilotons while Bakugo is 5.6 Kilotons
It isn’t oneshot territory (you need 7.5x in order to oneshot) but this matchup doesn’t work yeah

Back